Author Topic: Best three players on the team  (Read 1899 times)

Re: Best three players on the team
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
So far this season (minimum 100 minutes played):

1 Marcus Morris
2 Kyrie Irving
3 Marcus Smart
4 Aron Baynes
5 Jayson Tatum
6 Al Horford
7 Jaylen Brown
8 Terry Rozier
9 Gordon Hayward

Fully healthy and in form:

1 Kyrie Irving
2 Gordon Hayward
3 Al Horford
4 Jayson Tatum *
5 Jaylen Brown *
6 Marcus Smart
7 Marcus Morris
8 Daniel Theis
9 Terry Rozier *
10 Aron Baynes
11 Robert Williams *
12 Brad Wanamaker
13 Semi Ojeleye
14 Guerschon Yabusele *

Remarks:

• Marcus Morris has been absolutely amazing as our best scorer, shooter and rebounder, but we all know that he won't be able to continue this level of play.
  • I really like how Smart has been disciplined to dramatically decrease his shot attempts for the sake of the team. We have more talented players, however they need to show it.
  • Baynes has a vital role i.m.o. on this team, especially when Theis is injured. Horford would be better when sharing the court with a big.
  • Tatum needs to adress his shot selection. Last year was easier for him when his role was mainly catch and shoot.
  • The shooting percentages by Brown aren't good at all, but he's showing signs of improvement.
  • I drew a line after the top 10, since there's a huge drop off from there.
  • Enough said about Hayward. Lets hope for better. Patience is a virtue.
  • Players who have potential to become a lot better past this season have an asterisk behind their name.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:15:34 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kyrie
Horford
Tatum

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
By mid season, the three best players on the team will be Kyrie, Hordford, and Hayward.  And by a wide margin.

Tatum will figure it out but right now he's playing way too much iso and long two ball.  The long game on Tatum is still a good buy but just not a star right now.  Brown, as I have argued, won't be a perennial star in the future will likely be up and down this year.  I'm much more bearish on him.

No one else is in the conversation for top three, though rozier and smart in particular need to figure out there role as well.

Tatum and Brown have high ceilings but due to youth and lack of experience they're inconsistent. They can have a great game one game and a terrible one the next. Players like Kyrie, Al and Gordon have a demonstrable track record of consistency over years. Gordon's obviously recovering from injury. I hope it's not the case but I wouldn't be surprised if it took him 6 months to get back to his old self where he feels he can trust his ankle again.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D