Author Topic: Does anyone really think we can get one of the best free agents in 2010?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Jellyman15

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Does anyone really think we can get one of the best free agents in 2010? I mean i think it would be great for like Wade or Melo to come here but i seriously doubt they would. They can get so much more money in other places. We have championship caliber team now so why change it so much? What if the chemistry doesn't mix well? But the only reason why i think they might come here for less is that they could get a ring.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No I don't think we'll have the cap room to sign one of the "max" FAs that everyone is drooling about. However we definitely could get one or two quality players, it is a very deep FA class.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't know but 2 years ago I didn't see us having Ray and KG either, or even Posey for that matter

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't know but 2 years ago I didn't see us having Ray and KG either, or even Posey for that matter
True but they weren't FAs. I think we have a much better shot of trading to bring in a big time player than signing him as a FA. We just won't have the cap room unless Pierce opts out, he won't, or we don't extend Rondo. And if we don't extend Rondo we better [dang] well trade him to get something.

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
No.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers