Author Topic: Chris Lofton says he wants to join the Celtics Summer League team  (Read 4952 times)

Re: Chris Lofton says he wants to join the Celtics Summer League team
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
He's an off guard, if Eddie House stays then Lofton has no use to the Celtics.  I was a big Lofton fan when he was in college, but he's a poor man's Eddie House and would have no use for the Celtics.  If House leaves, maybe I'd bring him in, but I'd rather have a veteran replace House, not a guy who has not shown anything to play in the NBA.
do it

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Summerleague team?  Absolutely.  He was an incredibly clutch player in college, and is just a winner.  I don't know if he has NBA talent, but you could certainly have worse players on your summerleague team.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
on draftexpress they had a write up on lofton.

fabulous 3 pt shooter and scorer.

but on 6'2" and not quick enough to defend at the nba level.

i dont know if he would be as good as house.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
At best, he's a clone of Eddie House who can actually dribble the ball.  At worst, he's not an NBA player.

He's definitely worth a shot in the summer league, and personally I would love to see this kid make it.  In terms of character, they don't make them any better than Chris Lofton, and it would be a great story. 

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 08:30:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think he is much closer to JR Bremer than House, however, he seems like a real good kid, and a winner, so it wouldn't be terrible to give him a look.