Author Topic: Al Horford has been mediocre. He doesnt deserve his salary  (Read 59453 times)

Re: Al Horford has been mediocre. He doesnt deserve his salary
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
“Average Al”, my butt.

Average Al in the regular season

Exceptional Al in the playoffs

I guess not so bad :)

« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

Along with your "Trading Rondo would be a mistake like thread" or "No other prospects are at Fultz level thread"  ???

Al making me eat my words. I'm glad, he is playing exceptional

Playoff Al is the guy I like watching

I’ve made my share of mistakes and failed predictions, although, respectfully, failing to appreciate Al Horford’s role in both our offense and defense after getting to watch him play for a couple of seasons is just bizarre to me.

Did I make a “trading Rondo would be a mistake” thread? That one doesn’t sound like me, although I didn’t like the return we got.  I’ve absolutely hated my share of trades, though:  Pierce/KG to Nets (very wrong), IT to the Cavs (wrong, although I think we overpaid, and I’d still trade Kyrie for value), Perk to the Thunder (100% right, and I’ll believe this to my dying day).

And, what makes it a HOF thread is that the player stepped up and proved you spectacularly wrong. I’ve got my own Terry Rozier thread that has aged pretty poorly. Own it with a sense of pride.  The farther we go, the more iconic the thread seems.  People will remember this thread years from now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:16:21 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

People in Glass houses....

Are stupid? Who the heck builds a house primarily out of glass, especially the type that is easily shattered?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2018, 08:18:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

Along with your "Trading Rondo would be a mistake like thread" or "No other prospects are at Fultz level thread"  ???

I’ve made my share of mistakes and failed predictions, although, respectfully, failing to appreciate Al Horford’s role in both our offense and defense after getting to watch him play for a couple of seasons is just bizarre to me.

Did I make a “trading Rondo would be a mistake” thread? That one doesn’t sound like me, although I didn’t like the return we got.  I’ve absolutely hated my share of trades, though:  Pierce/KG to Nets (very wrong), IT to the Cavs (wrong, although I think we overpaid, and I’d still trade Kyrie for value), Perk to the Thunder (100% right, and I’ll believe this to my dying day).

I have had my share of being on the "wrong end"    ;D

I hated the Perk trade and still don't get it.  Team went from "tough" to "softer" with one trade

« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And, what makes it a HOF thread is that the player stepped up and proved you spectacularly wrong. I’ve got my own Terry Rozier thread that has aged pretty poorly. Own it with a sense of pride.  The farther we go, the more iconic the thread seems.  People will remember this thread years from now.

Maybe AL read this thread and said F#$% Y#$  Triboy16

And you know what. GOOD!

Scoring 7 points or going 3 for 10 ... does not match his style/capabilities

It doesn't matter to me if this on HOF list. As long as he has "awaken" and plays exceptional so the team can move past the Cavs/take off that smirk off Lebron..... thats all that matters to me

« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

Are stupid? Who the heck builds a house primarily out of glass, especially the type that is easily shattered?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crystal_Palace

« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And you know what. GOOD!

It doesn't matter to me if this on HOF list. As long as he has "awaken" and plays exceptional so the team can move past the Cavs/take off that smirk off Lebron..... thats all that matters to me

Triboy, in your defense your Mickey thread, one in which you said he would be a multiple time all-star, was more HOF worthy.

« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And you know what. GOOD!

Triboy, in your defense your Mickey thread, one in which you said he would be a multiple time all-star, was more HOF worthy.

you're right

But I can't top your "Dragan Bender is the next big thing"  HOF thread.   

« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And you know what. GOOD!

or "Jakob Poeltl is an excellent prospect" HOF thread.   Sabonis says hi

« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Don’t get snippy, guys. We all miss in our analysis. There’s nothing legendary about simply being wrong. Most of those threads die out in the first page or two.

To be epic, a thread needs staying power.

« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2018, 09:18:14 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And you know what. GOOD!

He didn't.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

And you know what. GOOD!

He didn't.

Probably not, but you know some of these guys read blogs / twitter / instagram.  Durant definitely does, haha.

thoughts
« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

Along with your "Trading Rondo would be a mistake thread"

Happy you are willing to admit your mistake, but Dedmon? Yikes.

You think Dedmon is horrid ?  He is actually a pretty good center

I guess you don't remember him playing well against the Celts this season

But Al is playing very well right now.  And without Kyrie.  Knowing that he will be the "point" forward and getting calls underneath the basket to make important buckets etc.  (instead of Kyrie getting most of the calls)  ... has energized his game

I agree. I actually like Dedmon, but I don't think they are in the same league of player. Dedmon has been, at his best, a productive backup on a playoff team. Even at his worst, Horford is a starter on a playoff team due to his IQ and the little things he does consistently.

« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
CelticsBlog HOF thread.

😂