Author Topic: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style  (Read 31124 times)

Re: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Nick, you need to realize that even though Rondo may be the best PG in the league, he does not suit everyone perfectly and does possess flaws.
True. But we should put people around him that fits. And if some scrub like Lee is not happy then he can suck it up or take a walk.

If someone like Lee doesn't fit, I think Rondo is screwed.

« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
You know what? Lee is a journeyman bench SG or fringe starter at best and has been on 4 teams in 5 years. The last thing he should be doing is complaining about how an offense runs, how many touches he gets or anything else.

He's just gotten to a good team for the first time since his rookie year. And before the season is half over and just after that team's starting PG and All-Star goes down with a season ending injury, he starts complaining?

Ship him out of town along with Bass. I don't need role players complaining about how the team is being run, their playing time or their touches. When the Big Three came together they all sacrificed their touches and shots and the way they were used to things being run in favor of a team concept. Last thing I want while those players are still on the team is role players complaining about stuff those HOFers sacrificed to win a championship.

Excellent post.

The fact that Paul and KG has no complains makes Lee's more ridiculous. If he can get himself open a lot he probably got more touches. Even then, his role is not to shoot a ton of shots, no reason to complain about touches, at all.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Nick, you need to realize that even though Rondo may be the best PG in the league, he does not suit everyone perfectly and does possess flaws.
True. But we should put people around him that fits. And if some scrub like Lee is not happy then he can suck it up or take a walk.

I can make a long list of people who fit with him just fine. KG and Paul are just two of them. Even Ray played well with him even if they didn't like each other.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I can make a long list of people who fit with him just fine. KG and Paul are just two of them. Even Ray played well with him even if they didn't like each other.

Lee is playing well...

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Lee is playing well...
Once in a blue moon. He's a disappointment so far for me. Not as bad as the Jet but still.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Lee is playing well...
Once in a blue moon. He's a disappointment so far for me. Not as bad as the Jet but still.

No clue what season you've been seeing. Since December he's pretty much been one of our most consistent players, if not the most.

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think this team has been underachieving for a variety of reasons and Rondo's play and Pierce's play,  are two of them, though, IMHO, they are down on the bottom of the list.

One of the things on the top of the list is the players Danny put together to make up this team. Terry and Barbosa are players that want the ball in their hands and want to score, sometimes to the detriment of a team offense. Now we have Lee and Bass complaining of touches or the offense. We also have a player that left for personal reasons and a big who is useless and another that can never stay healthy.

I think Danny messed up this summer. He never got a decent backup big man worth a [dang]. Several players in the locker room were expecting to continue to play their game, regardless of how the Celtics functioned. Danny must have thought that if KG, PP and RA would sacrifice their games to make a team better than others would too. Obviously he was wrong.

I see a house cleaning in this team's future.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I to agree that rondo and pierce are part of the problem but they are at the very top of the list!

Rondos inconsistent play and pierce bricking everything and mediocre defense is a HUGE problem with this team. Those are like two of your best players not bringing it every night!!

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

If someone like Lee doesn't fit, I think RondoLee is screwed.

There, fixed it for you.  Your welcome.

« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Lee is playing well...

No clue what season you've been seeing. Since December he's pretty much been one of our most consistent players, if not the most.

I agree.  I've been very happy with Lee's play of late.  That's one of the reasons that I'm very skeptical of this report by Zach Lowe. 

Lee seems to have found his role and seems to be flourishing in it.  I don't understand why he'd be complaining? 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Lee has been very good since December.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

How? Lee is the type of player that fits.with Rondo. If they can't make it work, I reckon it'll be a real.challenge to find someone who does at an effective capacity.

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I have never been a fan of rondo dominating the ball. We have guys on this team that flourish when the ball is in their hands. Sure it looks good when rondo gets somebody an open jumpshot and that's fine.

There has also been plenty of times where the offense just stalls and rondo stands at the top of the key wasting most of the shot clock before somebody has to put up a fast shot because its like 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

I've seen both. I've seen rondo dominating the ball and I've seen everybody sharing the ball. I strongly prefer when everybody shares the ball i think we look better as a team when that happens. We can win games both ways but i prefer this way.

All this is on doc tho. Rondo is only doing what doc wants him to do so he doesn't deserve any blame here. I'm just glad because now we get to see for sure if we're better or worse without the rondo domination of the ball.

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am not even going to read this thread, but I have heard numerous people in the last few days who know what is going on -- Jackie M. for one -- and all of them say that there is strong affection for Rondo in the locker room, especially from the real leader of the team, KG. It's funny to me that so many here debunk any rumors they read from anyone associated with ESPN or the Globe, etc. (because of course those people are all morons), but yet they come here and talk about how they are sure teammates secretly dislike Rondo, and so on. With absolutely ZERO evidence.  :-[

« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:29 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

How? Lee is the type of player that fits.with Rondo. If they can't make it work, I reckon it'll be a real.challenge to find someone who does at an effective capacity.

1st, I'm highly skeptical about his supposed "unhappiness".

However, if he is, it's his fault/problem.  Lee is a role player, always has been, and will be.  The job of a role player is to do whatever the team needs him to do to compliment the stars.  Did he really think he was going to come here and get however many shots he pleased?

I can promise you, Danny will not be letting guys like Lee dictate what happens with the teams best player.

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't think that Lee being unhappy with his role doesn't mean he doesn't fit. The same way that Ray may have been unhappy with his role as a shooter and not a playmaker but still fit in well with the team as a shooter. In the same vein I think that there are a fair amount of players in the league that play the way they want to, not the way that helps their team the most. Call it the "Antoine syndrome".