Author Topic: All Star Reserves  (Read 10853 times)

Re: All Star Reserves
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2024, 08:16:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
No Sabonis or Fox?
Lakers are 24-25 and get 2 all stars, Kings are 27-19 with no all stars. Naturally.

KP or White will have a decent chance if there are going to be 2 injury replacements in the East. Should be interesting.

No D Fox feels off. He has been fantastic. 27ppg. Good efficiency. Good passing. One of the most unstoppable PGs in the league thanks to his speed. Impossible to stay in front of.

Not upset about D Sabonis. He has been great but there is strong competition there. That could have gone either way.

I do feel D Fox should have been a sure-thing though.
The problem is though the guards that made it were Curry, Ant Man, and Booker and I'm not sure Fox should be ahead of them.  Now they certainly could have had a 4th guard instead of George or Towns, but that isn't a given.  The East had 3 guards and Brown as a G/F.  Perhaps Fox's size was a factor.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2024, 08:31:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
No Sabonis or Fox?
Lakers are 24-25 and get 2 all stars, Kings are 27-19 with no all stars. Naturally.

KP or White will have a decent chance if there are going to be 2 injury replacements in the East. Should be interesting.

No D Fox feels off. He has been fantastic. 27ppg. Good efficiency. Good passing. One of the most unstoppable PGs in the league thanks to his speed. Impossible to stay in front of.

Not upset about D Sabonis. He has been great but there is strong competition there. That could have gone either way.

The problem is though the guards that made it were Curry, Ant Man, and Booker and I'm not sure Fox should be ahead of them.  Now they certainly could have had a 4th guard instead of George or Towns, but that isn't a given.  The East had 3 guards and Brown as a G/F.  Perhaps Fox's size was a factor.

Was Luka listed as a guard in the starters?

He should be listed as a forward. That would have freed up the spot for Fox.

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2024, 10:09:07 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
Jaylens All star selection needs to be rescinded!  >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2024, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Why would Luka be listed as a forward on a team woth SGA, Lebron, Durant, and Jokic?

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2024, 11:33:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Why would Luka be listed as a forward on a team woth SGA, Lebron, Durant, and Jokic?

One of LeBron or Durant should not be there. They should be reserves.

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2024, 11:37:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Sure, but Luka is a guard regardless. He plays about 3 quarters of his time at PG and the rest at SG.  Luka is a guard.  He isn't a forward.

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2024, 11:39:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Sure, but Luka is a guard regardless. He plays about 3 quarters of his time at PG and the rest at SG.  Luka is a guard.  He isn't a forward.

How does Luka play 3/4ers of his time at PG with Kyrie there?

Magic did not play 3/4ers of his time at PG when he had Norm Nixon. Nixon was the PG. Magic played SG, SF, PF.

Luka primarily plays SG, SF, PF. Not PG.

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2024, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Magic did not play 3/4ers of his time at PG when he had Norm Nixon. Nixon was the PG. Magic played SG, SF, PF.

Kyrie plays off the ball more in Dallas than any point prior. He also still misses a ton of games.  Luka is a guard. He doesn't play forward at all.

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2024, 12:01:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

Kyrie plays off the ball more in Dallas than any point prior. He also still misses a ton of games.  Luka is a guard. He doesn't play forward at all.

Why is Luka a guard and LeBron a forward?

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2024, 12:05:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

that is what position they play. I mean why is Tatum a forward?

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2024, 12:08:56 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
No Sabonis or Fox?

that is what position they play. I mean why is Tatum a forward?

What makes LeBron a forward and Luka not?

I do not understand. They both defend the forward slot the majority of the time. They are both the main ball-handler & playmaker on their team on offense.

What is the difference?

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2024, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Anyone else find it hilarious that Doc Rivers may be coaching the Eastern conference in the ASG?

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2024, 12:49:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Anyone else find it hilarious that Doc Rivers may be coaching the Eastern conference in the ASG?

As soon as he came back into the NBA, he gets an immediate coaching spot for the ASG hahaha

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2024, 12:58:51 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Brown is now a 3x all-star, Tatum a 5x all-star.

Only Celtics players in last 30 years to make 3 or more all star teams:

Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2024, 01:13:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Brown is now a 3x all-star, Tatum a 5x all-star.

Only Celtics players in last 30 years to make 3 or more all star teams:

Antoine Walker, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown

Some really good company. 

Man, Antoine is still one of the great "what ifs".  Frustrating one to think about.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team