Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 98308 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2023, 07:49:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Boston Celtics: We have assigned Jordan Walsh to the Maine Celtics.  – via Twitter celtics

If I lived closer to Portland, I would definitely go to their games to see Walsh and Queta.
Makes sense, he couldn't even get into a blowout game, plus he has that deer-in-the-headlights look to him. Get some reps, young dude.

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2023, 08:35:32 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
I’ve stumbled upon an amazing yet sad statistic.

Although Lonzo Ball & Jayson Tatum were both from the 2017 draft (2nd & 3rd). Tatum has already played 200 + more regular season games than Ball.

But wait…it gets worse. If you include post season games, Tatum has played 284 (536) more NBA games than Ball (252).
Why is that amazing?  It barely registers interesting.  If you'd looked a bit further, you'd have noticed that Fultz the #1 pick in that draft has only played 195 regular season games.  So Tatum has almost played as many regular season games (442) as Fultz and Ball combined (447).  And if you look at it from a regular season minutes played perspective Tatum (15024) has played more than Fultz (5144) and Ball (8187) combined. 

Why is it sad?  Ball has made a lot of money and he wasn't a budding superstar whose career was cut short.  Even if he stayed healthy, he was just going to be a solid NBA starter. 

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2023, 08:52:44 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Although Lonzo Ball & Jayson Tatum were both from the 2017 draft (2nd & 3rd). Tatum has already played 200 + more regular season games than Ball.

But wait…it gets worse. If you include post season games, Tatum has played 284 (536) more NBA games than Ball (252).
Why is that amazing?  It barely registers interesting.  If you'd looked a bit further, you'd have noticed that Fultz the #1 pick in that draft has only played 195 regular season games.  So Tatum has almost played as many regular season games (442) as Fultz and Ball combined (447).  And if you look at it from a regular season minutes played perspective Tatum (15024) has played more than Fultz (5144) and Ball (8187) combined. 

Why is it sad?  Ball has made a lot of money and he wasn't a budding superstar whose career was cut short.  Even if he stayed healthy, he was just going to be a solid NBA starter.

Not to mention #4 pick Josh Jackson only played 291 regular-season games and #6 Jonathan Isaac has played only 150 games.

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2023, 09:32:06 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Not to mention #4 pick Josh Jackson only played 291 regular-season games and #6 Jonathan Isaac has played only 150 games.
Although Fox, my fav in that draft, has done quite well.  Celts definitely won that draft and trader Danny showed why he is the master.  Trade down and get the guy you really want.   

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2023, 10:10:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Although Fox, my fav in that draft, has done quite well.  Celts definitely won that draft and trader Danny showed why he is the master.  Trade down and get the guy you really want.

Oddly enough, Danny's biggest mistake was getting too clever with the pick we got from Philly.  We only got the Lakers pick if it was top five.  If we'd settled for the Lakers pick with lesser protections, we could have drafted Mikal Bridges or SGA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2023, 10:21:27 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Oddly enough, Danny's biggest mistake was getting too clever with the pick we got from Philly.  We only got the Lakers pick if it was top five.  If we'd settled for the Lakers pick with lesser protections, we could have drafted Mikal Bridges or SGA.

Yeah, he put too much faith in the Kings being bad. I can't entirely blame him for that, but making that 2-10 instead of 2-5 would have been way better in hindsight
I'm bitter.

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2023, 10:43:20 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Boston Celtics: We have assigned Jordan Walsh to the Maine Celtics.  – via Twitter celtics

If I lived closer to Portland, I would definitely go to their games to see Walsh and Queta.
Makes sense, he couldn't even get into a blowout game, plus he has that deer-in-the-headlights look to him. Get some reps, young dude.

He needs to add quite a bit of muscle too. 

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2023, 11:33:58 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Yeah, I was thinking who he reminds me of. He seems like with added muscle he could be a demon on d perimeter wise. Maybe defensively he can be a poor man’s Igoudala in a few years.

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Yeh.  That was the only reason I watched until the other night.  Wanted to see if he got on the court.  It was too bad Queta was out, he would have seen some minutes.
Yup

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2023, 12:09:05 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Yeah, I was thinking who he reminds me of. He seems like with added muscle he could be a demon on d perimeter wise. Maybe defensively he can be a poor man’s Igoudala in a few years.

That’s what I’m thinking or hoping for too.

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2023, 12:34:17 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Yeah, he put too much faith in the Kings being bad. I can't entirely blame him for that, but making that 2-10 instead of 2-5 would have been way better in hindsight
At the time, I don't think anyone was concerned about the protections.  Everyone thought the Kings would be bad and the pick would be great.  It still ended up being the #14 pick if I'm not mistaken.  From an Ainge mistake standpoint, it does rank with trading up to take Olynyk instead of Giannis was a big mistake or passing twice on Bane at the end of the 1st round. 

As for huge mistakes, the Sixers did draft Bridges but then traded him for a player whose career consisted of 13 games played over 2 seasons.  Mistakes don't get much worse than that.  To top it off, Bridges is a born and raised Philly boy. 

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2023, 02:39:33 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

At the time, I don't think anyone was concerned about the protections.  Everyone thought the Kings would be bad and the pick would be great.  It still ended up being the #14 pick if I'm not mistaken.  From an Ainge mistake standpoint, it does rank with trading up to take Olynyk instead of Giannis was a big mistake or passing twice on Bane at the end of the 1st round. 

As for huge mistakes, the Sixers did draft Bridges but then traded him for a player whose career consisted of 13 games played over 2 seasons.  Mistakes don't get much worse than that.  To top it off, Bridges is a born and raised Philly boy.

The Bridges definitely has the most what ifs (he would fit so great with that team, they need a wing like that), but in a vacuum getting a future 1st for moving back from 10 to 16 is pretty good. 

That pick just ended up being a piece in the Tobias Harris trade, if they had kept Mikal they would have had a better fit AND a bunch of other assets to make a move later. Probably the cap space to keep Butler, too...
I'm bitter.

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2023, 03:17:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Whose mother worked for the Sixers!!

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2023, 04:45:47 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

From what I can tell, he has that look all the time. Kinda freaky, actually, LOL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2023, 06:56:21 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

From what I can tell, he has that look all the time. Kinda freaky, actually, LOL.
He’s young and kind of wide-eyed at this point. He’s got the frame to put on a few pounds of muscle too.