Author Topic: Bruins re-sign Chara for 7 years, $45.5 million  (Read 10546 times)

Re: Bruins re-sign Chara for 7 years, $45.5 million
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 11:23:23 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Good deal.  The guy is a good hockey player, plays solid defense, has a height advantage against every player in the league, which is good for screens against the opposing goalie.  He may be 33, but hockey players can play very productive well into their late 30's, early 40's.  They've got him locked up probably for the last, good, long run of his career.  Good deal.

If only NBA salaries could be so cheap when stretched out over a 6 year period when talking about upper echelon talent...I wish...Top level hockey talent comes at a bargain when comparing it with basketball talent...but, yes, I know the NBA is a more lucrative company, is more popular, etc, so it has more money to spend, and also different salary rules when compared against the NHL, but still, such a big difference.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:31:38 PM by PaulPierce34G »

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

Offline mostofusrsad

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
way too much money for chara...i like him but 7 years at that money at his age is just a little too much.

No way, his defense against the other teams top player is as good as any other defenseman in the league. Plus he hasn't shown a single sign that he's nearing the end of his career.

lol at this thread creeping back up.
i wanted to resurrect this thread!   now I think chara might be worth the money this year...but 7 years he will be way too old toward the end of the contract.the bruins will be handcuffed.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
way too much money for chara...i like him but 7 years at that money at his age is just a little too much.

No way, his defense against the other teams top player is as good as any other defenseman in the league. Plus he hasn't shown a single sign that he's nearing the end of his career.

lol at this thread creeping back up.
i wanted to resurrect this thread!   now I think chara might be worth the money this year...but 7 years he will be way too old toward the end of the contract.the bruins will be handcuffed.

If the Bruins win a cup within those 7 years, it's money well spent, I think.  Without Chara, the Bruins wouldn't be where they are now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes