Author Topic: The Narrative is Switching toward the Celtics  (Read 3342 times)

Re: The Narrative is Switching toward the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 593
I've seen about 4 games this year, but one thing I've noticed is better shot selection. I've been bashing Brad and the team for years over the street ball game they were playing, it was so bad I half expected them to shout "kobe" before jacking a bad shot. However that's not what I'm seeing anymore. The offense I've been seeing is reminiscent of the ball being played before the league turned into a 3 ball contest.

Going to the the rim and not taking a momentum killing long ball has been a key ingredient to their success so far. I don't feel like if they have bad night shooting the 3 it's an auto loss.

I don't have the numbers to prove what I said, but just the flow of their offense is so much better and restrained.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 06:05:02 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I've seen about 4 games this year, but one thing I've noticed is better shot selection. I've been bashing Brad and the team for years over the street ball game they were playing, it was so bad I half expected them to shout "kobe" before jacking a bad shot. However that's not what I'm seeing anymore. The offense I've been seeing is reminiscent of the ball being played before the league turned into a 3 ball contest.

Going to the the rim and not taking a momentum killing long ball has been a key ingredient to their success so far. I don't feel like if they have bad night shooting the 3 it's an auto loss.

I don't have the numbers to prove what I said, but just the flow of their offense is so much better and restrained.

Here is how our shots are being distributed:

Range     2018-19   2019-20(13 games in)
0-3 ft     24.8%     27.9%
3-10 ft    14.7%     16.0%
10-16 ft   11.4%     10.6%
16-3PT     10.9%      6.7%
3PT        38.1%     38.8%

As you can see, there is a significant drop off in the 'long twos'.   We are taking about the same percentage of 3PT shots, but we've jumped from 39.5% all the way to 43.9% of our shots being within 10 ft of the hoop.

We still aren't among the top teams in terms of share of shots close to the hoop, but we've moved from dead last to at least into the upper half.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 06:47:30 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
We still aren't among the top teams in terms of share of shots close to the hoop, but we've moved from dead last to at least into the upper half.
Maybe a league shift, we are taking roughly the same amount of 3's on the same number of shots, but we've dropped from top 3 in 3PA% to 10-11.

Our FTr and FT/FGA attempts are way up, over 20%, improved. We've gone from bottom 3 to middle of the pack. Couple that with league leading not turning the ball over, and maybe the missed threes aren't as noticeable?