Poll

If he is available with our first pick, would you like the Celtics to draft him?

Yes, he could thrive in our system
14 (40%)
No, we don't need James Young 2.0/ Jeff Green 2.0
8 (22.9%)
No, it would be preferred to trade up for another prospect
9 (25.7%)
Not sure
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Kelly Oubre to enter NBA Draft  (Read 11384 times)

Re: Kelly Oubre to enter NBA Draft
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think Jeff Green is a really good comparison for Oubre. Very good athleticism and length; solid shooting; weak off-hand; limited ability to create offense. Oubre has upside to be better, but it's reasonable to think he'll turn into Green plus or minus, which is great value at #15 and OK value around #10.

...agree....in addition to the questionable motor part.

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 09:26:08 AM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think Jeff Green is a really good comparison for Oubre. Very good athleticism and length; solid shooting; weak off-hand; limited ability to create offense. Oubre has upside to be better, but it's reasonable to think he'll turn into Green plus or minus, which is great value at #15 and OK value around #10.

He resembles JG a bit. But Jeff Green came out of Georgetown with a body of a SF/PF while Oubre is more of a SF/SG. I think that Oubre has a better lateral quickness meaning that he can defend quicker players. Oubre is also a better rebounder. JG can defend bigger forwards due to his strength. I think Jeff could have been a better player but he couldn't due to his passive demeanour and he got drafted in a situation where his role was to be a complementary player to Durant, Westbrook and Harden.
That's why I think that Oubre will thrive under Steven and our system.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:35:01 AM by Maurice98 »

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He resembles JG a bit. But Jeff Green came out of Georgetown with a body of a SF/PF while Oubre is more of a SF/SG. I think that Oubre has a better lateral quickness meaning that he can defend quicker players. Oubre is also a better rebounder. JG can defend bigger forwards due to his strength. I think Jeff could have been a better player but he couldn't due to his passive demeanour and he got drafted in a situation where his role was to be a complementary player to Durant, Westbrook and Harden.
That's why I think that Oubre will thrive under Steven and our system.
I watched a lot of Oubre this year and he did remind me of Jeff Green. Sometimes he was the best player on the floor on both sides of the ball, and sometimes he was nonexistent. That being said, a guy with his level athleticism who can shoot it is rare and i also think that Jeff green could have been great and ill take that chance on oire too.

When green was at his best he could hang with any sf in te game he just rarely played at that level.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
https://twitter.com/Amanda_Pflugrad/status/598982389528801280

Kelly Oubre on meeting with the Celtics: "It was a great staff and interview. Coach Stevens and I talked about growing together."

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/598975475118186498

Kelly Oubre met with the Celtics today. Said the conversation focused a lot on defense.

Really like this kid and I hope he falls to us or he we trade up a few slots for him.

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://twitter.com/Amanda_Pflugrad/status/598982389528801280

Kelly Oubre on meeting with the Celtics: "It was a great staff and interview. Coach Stevens and I talked about growing together."

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/598975475118186498

Kelly Oubre met with the Celtics today. Said the conversation focused a lot on defense.

Really like this kid and I hope he falls to us or he we trade up a few slots for him.

Awwwwwww ;D.