Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 547011 times)

bdm860, jambr380, cman88, Amonkey, Celtics2021, jpotter33, Vermont Green, j804, Indocelts, angryguy77, hpantazo, SparzWizard and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6780 on: May 01, 2024, 02:40:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Indy choking this and giving Dame and Giannis more time to come back.

Dame is done ,  he has bad  Achilles tendinitis .  More stress, Fibers can degrade and have permanent damage .  He has to be careful, it doesn’t become tendonosis  Playing on it is a no no.

Freak might be closer to return.

They are cannon fodder for  Nuggets without those guys.

I don't see how dame would be fully healed from an achilles strain in less than a week. Giannis could come back, i mean he had a grade 2 calf strain. so this puts him around that return time.

I revise my earlier comments with no info. It seems like Giannis may be able to play. I really don't see how Dame could/should. That seems like risking his career when they owe him an insane amount of money the next three years.

« Reply #6781 on: May 01, 2024, 04:38:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1013
Imagine Dame and Giannis comes back and Bucks somehow win championship despite the adversities going on all year with their team. I would feel sick to my stomach.

Lucky for them, Khris is back to his 2021 self, Portis is great, and Beverly is a defensive pest.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6782 on: May 01, 2024, 04:40:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jevon Porter, a former Pepperdine standout and the younger brother of Denver Nuggets star Michael Porter Jr., was arrested Friday night in Missouri on suspicion of DWI, Missouri State Sgt. Kyle Green confirmed to ESPN.

Porter, 20, was released on summons and not booked into jail in Boone County, where the incident occurred, according to Green. The news of Porter's arrest was first reported by Power Mizzou. ...

The arrest comes two weeks after Porter's older brother, Jontay Porter, a two-way player for the Toronto Raptors, was banned from the NBA after an investigation showed that he bet on games, influenced the outcome of bets and provided confidential information to bettors. ...

Days later, another of Jevon Porter's older brothers, Coban Porter, a former player at Denver, was sentenced to six years in prison for a drunk-driving crash that killed a woman in Colorado last year. Coban Porter, according to police records, had a blood alcohol level of 0.19, more than twice the legal limit, when he ran a red light and slammed into a vehicle, killing Kathy Limon Rothman and seriously injuring her passenger. He received a two-year sentence for injuring Rothman's passenger but will serve the sentences concurrently.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6783 on: May 01, 2024, 04:41:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Jevon Porter, a former Pepperdine standout and the younger brother of Denver Nuggets star Michael Porter Jr., was arrested Friday night in Missouri on suspicion of DWI, Missouri State Sgt. Kyle Green confirmed to ESPN.

Porter, 20, was released on summons and not booked into jail in Boone County, where the incident occurred, according to Green. The news of Porter's arrest was first reported by Power Mizzou. ...

The arrest comes two weeks after Porter's older brother, Jontay Porter, a two-way player for the Toronto Raptors, was banned from the NBA after an investigation showed that he bet on games, influenced the outcome of bets and provided confidential information to bettors. ...

Days later, another of Jevon Porter's older brothers, Coban Porter, a former player at Denver, was sentenced to six years in prison for a drunk-driving crash that killed a woman in Colorado last year. Coban Porter, according to police records, had a blood alcohol level of 0.19, more than twice the legal limit, when he ran a red light and slammed into a vehicle, killing Kathy Limon Rothman and seriously injuring her passenger. He received a two-year sentence for injuring Rothman's passenger but will serve the sentences concurrently.

Yikes

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6784 on: May 01, 2024, 04:47:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yikes

Four more siblings to go, three sisters and a brother.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6785 on: May 01, 2024, 05:22:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Imagine Dame and Giannis comes back and Bucks somehow win championship despite the adversities going on all year with their team. I would feel sick to my stomach.

Lucky for them, Khris is back to his 2021 self, Portis is great, and Beverly is a defensive pest.

Pretty tough to see doc coaching them a championship, but he would become so painfully smug if he did it would be thought I take

« Reply #6786 on: May 01, 2024, 09:56:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics 2nd round schedule:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6787 on: May 01, 2024, 10:42:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Mavs have gone big

C: Lively
F: Kleber
F: PJ Washington
G: Luka
G: Kyrie

Seems to be working well for them.

Lively has been great the last two games for them. Attacking the rim. Making hustle plays around the rim on defense and on the backboards. Getting him more playing time is good. He deserves it. He has been making things happen.

Kleber for a shooting double big. Then big wings and Kyrie.

« Reply #6788 on: May 01, 2024, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Mavs have gone big

C: Lively
F: Kleber
F: PJ Washington
G: Luka
G: Kyrie

Seems to be working well for them.

Lively has been great the last two games for them. Attacking the rim. Making hustle plays around the rim on defense and on the backboards. Getting him more playing time is good. He deserves it. He has been making things happen.

Kleber for a shooting double big. Then big wings and Kyrie.

LAC are playing small against this. They have Zubac and four guards.

G: Westbrook
G: Norm Powell
F: T Mann
F: J Harden
C: Zubac

Size vs speed

« Reply #6789 on: May 01, 2024, 10:47:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
James Harden is still a genius. He is picking Dallas apart.

Harden is going toe to toe with Luka. Luka a top 5 MVP candidate. Harden 34yr old chubby version of his former self. Still a legit match for Luka. Impressive.

« Reply #6790 on: May 01, 2024, 10:51:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Yikes

Jeez, right after his older brother was arrested for a DUI / homicide. The younger one does it as well.

I like MPJ's podcast. He seems like a great guy. I think his sister was on it as well. She seems great. You look at them and then look at these three brothers and you wonder how they can be so far apart.

« Reply #6791 on: May 01, 2024, 10:57:01 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
Good game between the Mavs/Clipps. Should really be going to bed, though…  :P
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6792 on: May 01, 2024, 11:02:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I am kinda surprised to see an ad for that Porsche Taycan. That electric car version of their 911 Porsche.

I wouldn't have thought there would be enough people with the money to buy a Porsche electric sports car to make it worthwhile to have a major ad campaign for it.

« Reply #6793 on: May 01, 2024, 11:05:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Oh ho ho, what an alley oop from Kyrie to Gafford in transition.

« Reply #6794 on: May 01, 2024, 11:16:20 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1500
Good game between the Mavs/Clipps. Should really be going to bed, though…  :P

I thought there was a chance that the cilppers would come out and dominate this game at home.
But when Paul George is only a really good player like every two or three games that isn't gonna happen.