Author Topic: What's Wrong with GP?  (Read 9681 times)

Re: What's Wrong with GP?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
bitter

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
His "feud" with Kenny Smith can get really, really awkward at points. I know its a joke, but I thought when Payton was bringing up the stats last night was pretty uncomfortable.

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think, in order for you to be considered an All-Star, you have to be playing at an All-Star level.

You can't have outside factors help elevate you to All-Star status.

Either you are an All-Star or you're not.

Some players have been unfairly made "All-Stars" by fan voting and by their respective teams' good fortunes and higher winning percentages.

An All-Star team and an All-Star game is a collection of the best talents the league offers....it's a "showcase of talent", not a "showcase for winning".

If there are two players who are playing at the same All-Star level and one team plays on a better team (and is most responsible for that team's betterness), then the tie breaker goes to the that player who is playing on the better team.

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
GP is usually better than Webber (not saying much) on their NBA TV show.  I thought Webber last night was the freak when his eyes started getting wide and he was getting louder and louder.  They are like Stephen A., thinking that the louder they yell the more sense they make.

Nobody considered telling them that if two guys are having good season, generally the guy on the better team will make the All Star team, instead they were just making blank statements.  For the first time ever I was hoping Barkley would come back to make the show smarter.

On the other hand, I really liked GP as a player, even his one season in Boston.  I thought he played well and it was nice that he came back after he was traded for Antoine. 

GP has to be a top 5 all time point guard, right?  I can't think of a better defensive point guard, EVER.  His offense was pretty good too.  He was unbelievable the year he led the Sonics to the Finals.

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
GP is usually better than Webber (not saying much) on their NBA TV show.  I thought Webber last night was the freak when his eyes started getting wide and he was getting louder and louder.  They are like Stephen A., thinking that the louder they yell the more sense they make.

Nobody considered telling them that if two guys are having good season, generally the guy on the better team will make the All Star team, instead they were just making blank statements.  For the first time ever I was hoping Barkley would come back to make the show smarter.

On the other hand, I really liked GP as a player, even his one season in Boston.  I thought he played well and it was nice that he came back after he was traded for Antoine. 

GP has to be a top 5 all time point guard, right?  I can't think of a better defensive point guard, EVER.  His offense was pretty good too.  He was unbelievable the year he led the Sonics to the Finals.

Just off the top of my head I'd put Magic, Stockton, Price, Tiny, Cheeks, Cousey, all over Payton....

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i like webber a little bit more just for making kenny smith look uncomfortable on tnt when he accused kenny of throwing him under the bus in regards to who should start in detroit. cwebb was probably a little sensitive but i can't stand kenny smith right now.  kenny smith talks like he knows more about hoops then all these coaches. i would loooove to see the jet come coach a team and fall on his face.

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline redd1985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 21
Just off the top of my head I'd put Magic, Stockton, Price, Tiny, Cheeks, Cousey, all over Payton....
I'd say Price is the only one I have to reject there... Probably Cheeks too... Again, just off my head... Price was a great, great offensive player... But Payton: 7 years of 8 or more assists a game, 10 years of 7 or more... 8 years of more than two steals a game... When you bridge the gap from Magic Johnson to Chris Paul, its Payton in the middle...

Also, I read through this thread, and no one discussed GP's mouth... He had a weird twitch, it looked like... Worse than before, what was up with that?

And I personally love Chris Webber for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iK2QgWE_7Y

(I know its been posted before, I'm sure, dozens of times)

Banner by Indeed Proceed

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No Big O? Oscar Robnson was a PG in my book no matter how many people try to turn him into a SG because of his size. Magic was big and a PG.