Author Topic: What's Wrong with GP?  (Read 9679 times)

What's Wrong with GP?
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:38:43 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
First he dogged Rondo.  Then, last night he says that KG doesn't deserve to start for the allstar game, and now I just heard Holley on WEEI say that GP also said last night that Al Jefferson was better than Tim Duncan, but then backed off of that statement and said that Al Jefferson was having a better season than Duncan.  GP is obviously only looking at numbers and not the effect these guys have on their teams. ::)

What's up with GPIs it jealousy or what?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:08:36 AM by Bankshot »
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: What's Wong with GP?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:42:35 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
he was visably angry last night during the discussion of the all star game picks. It was wierd. He seems like he has alot of pent up anger against the league. He was going OFF on webber at one point for suggesting that a teams recored should come into it when picking allstars, and his rant was very "when I played, I was great every year, but people didn't see it because of peopel like you!"

very bitter sounding.

EDIT: also uh....you might want to spell check the title real quick.

Although, a problem in that area could account for his anger issues.  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Gary Payton is an idiot and someone not to be taken seriously.

He's just dumb, reactionary and over-emotional, and consequently, is prone to stupid responses. A man like this should never be an analyst.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
GP's words tells why he never won a championship as a young player,only on the backside of his career as a role player.He never understood that team work is more important to win than an indiviual's stats.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:12:45 AM by housecall »

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
First he dogged Rondo.  Then, last night he says that KG doesn't deserve to start for the allstar game, and now I just heard Holley on WEEI say that GP also said last night that Al Jefferson was better than Tim Duncan, but then backed off of that statement and said that Al Jefferson was having a better season than Duncan.  GP is obviously only looking at numbers and not the effect these guys have on their teams. ::)

What's up with GPIs it jealousy or what?
I heard that one also Bankshot,it made me laugh,especially when Holley said he will walk to Atlanta and personally tell him off about it. :)

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
He wsa certainly one peeved dude last night.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: What's Wrong with GP?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think that he is ticked off at the Celtics for not letting him ride their coattails to a championship last season.  Remember he wanted to sign with the C's, but DA said thanks, but no thanks?  Every since then all the negative stuff has been about the Celtics.  First Rondo is overrated, KG shouldn't start and now an ex-Celtic (Al Jefferson) is better than Tim Duncan.  So I guess GP thinks Jefferson is better than KG too. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Can't stand Gary Payton, all he did was laugh whenever a celtics player was brought up, as if we're dead and below .500...hes obnoxious and c-webb isnt much better
Please charles come back
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:36:07 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:15:44 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
I think that he is ticked off at the Celtics for not letting him ride their coattails to a championship last season.  Remember he wanted to sign with the C's, but DA said thanks, but no thanks?  Every since then all the negative stuff has been about the Celtics.  First Rondo is overrated, KG shouldn't start and now an ex-Celtic (Al Jefferson) is better than Tim Duncan.  So I guess GP thinks Jefferson is better than KG too. ::)
He feels he was better than J.Stockton also...seem mad at America and the media for always choosing Stockton over him.He has some after playing days issues.(imo)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:35:48 AM by housecall »

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Gary Payton is an idiot and someone not to be taken seriously.

He's just dumb, reactionary and over-emotional, and consequently, is prone to stupid responses. A man like this should never be an analyst.

TP...i tend to agree with your strong sentiments.  i wish guy would get away from trying to stand out and put the spotlight on themselves. 

I must admit that without barkley, TNT just isn't the same.  as much as barkley runs his mouth, he DOES know what he's talking about.  his assessments are typically on the mark and he fits well with ernie and kenny.  i find him to be humorous without going over the top.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 11:34:48 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Gary Payton has always been known for his big mouth and his tendency to say whatever he feels like whenever he feels like.  Anyone remember the SI cover in 1990 when he was still at Oregon State where he has his mouth open as wide as can be.  The caption read "Oregon State's do-everything, say-anything point guard Gary Payton." Right then and there we should've known he'd be trouble.

UBUNTU

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I know what's "wong" with him...he's got his "glove" stuffed so far up his own rectum that he poked himself in the back of his eyeballs and has gone blind.  His observations wreak of insanity, blindness or both.  Come back soon Chuck.  TNT needs ya.  Did I just say that?

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:45:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What's wrong with Gary Payton? Where to start?

Should I start with his overinflated ego, his self centered outlook on the world, his low IQ, his deep appreciation for listening to his own voice, his careless disregard for other peoples opinions and feelings, his pomposity, or his jealousy towards other champions over the fact that he got his ring hanging on the coat tails of Shaq and Wade and didn't really earn it himself?

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I agree with GP that All-Star players's selections should have less to do with Team winning percentage than the MVP selection.

I believe Danny Granger deserves to be an All-star over Rashard Lewis or Hedu Turkolu and I believe Al Jefferson deserves to be an All-Star over Shaq.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
there is a reason why my buddy housecall calls him and cwebb beavis and butthead, lol.  cwebb is ok, but gp is just a donkey. :D