Author Topic: Iavaroni fired  (Read 5218 times)

Re: Iavaroni fired
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
did i hear correctly that they just brought hollins back to coach the team for a THIRD different term??

now, there's an organization with a plan... ::)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 08:27:37 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

I will point out that MN, with Love, has won 8 out of 10, even though people here and elsewhere have endlessly bashed McHale for being a horrible GM, just like they are bashing Chris Wallace now.  The difference is, MN is playing together, particularly after Mc Hale wisely sent McCants to the end of the bench.  And they've done it without Corey Brewer.

Memphis, with Mayo, is 1-9 over the same stretch, and after watching the Grizz and Mayo play last week, I'm surprised it wasn't 0-10.  I never saw such horrible team basketball. Mayo isn't a point guard, he's a gunner without a conscience.

Yep, Love has actually been playing okay.  Averaging 9 pts, 8 boards in only about 22 minutes a game.  He's only shooting 43% from the floor, but only taking 7 shots a game as well.  Now if Mike Miller was giving them what Mike Miller SHOULD be giving them, then that trade would look pretty good for Minnesota now.
do it

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
did i hear correctly that they just brought hollins back to coach the team for a THIRD different term??

now, there's an organization with a plan... ::)

They don't need Hollins or O'Brien.  They need Marvin Wood (played by Gene Hackman in Hoosiers): four passes before a shot can be taken. Anyone who violates this rule is benched.