Author Topic: Bynum with 42 points  (Read 6206 times)

Bynum with 42 points
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:02:04 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Of course, he had the uber green DeAndre Jordan** guarding him but nonetheless, 42 points and 15 boards is no joke, regardless of situation.

**Back to DeAndre... I am glad to see him getting some time and making the best of it.  Early in his season at A&M last year, he has a projected top 5 pick.  He was the player I pined for (for my.... other team.... the Wolves) if they didn't land the #1 pick to get Rose... I liked Jordan's potential over Beasley, Mayo... anyone else.  And other than apparently not guarding Bynum tonight, he had himself a bit of a game too... 23 points on 11-12 shooting, 12 boards, 4 blocks in his 2nd start.  His first start, recently against the Wolves, included 10 boards and 6 blocks.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Bynum with 42 points
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Well what do you expect from the hybrid of Kareem, Shaq and Wilt?  ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
really not that impressed considering the 3 best front court players from the clippers were out, who are already terrible as it is, just like im not impressed everytime someone triple doubles against the thunder...thats just me though

by the way, what a tough road game for the lakers huh ?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
really not that impressed considering the 3 best front court players from the clippers were out, who are already terrible as it is, just like im not impressed everytime someone triple doubles against the thunder...thats just me though

by the way, what a tough road game for the lakers huh ?

Lakers get bonus home games when they play the Clippers and it is an unfair advantage. Everyone knows there are more Lakers fans there then Clippers fans. If La wants 2 teams they need to have 2 arenas although it is unlikely to change the fan support problem.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Of course, he had the uber green DeAndre Jordan** guarding him but nonetheless, 42 points and 15 boards is no joke, regardless of situation.

**Back to DeAndre... I am glad to see him getting some time and making the best of it.  Early in his season at A&M last year, he has a projected top 5 pick.  He was the player I pined for (for my.... other team.... the Wolves) if they didn't land the #1 pick to get Rose... I liked Jordan's potential over Beasley, Mayo... anyone else.  And other than apparently not guarding Bynum tonight, he had himself a bit of a game too... 23 points on 11-12 shooting, 12 boards, 4 blocks in his 2nd start.  His first start, recently against the Wolves, included 10 boards and 6 blocks.

Jordan getting 23 on 11-12 shooting is as significant as what Bynum did. Bynum had a great night but he's not a great scorer. He doesn't seem to be living for defense, either, and that's the biggest thing the Lakers needed from him. When they started the season so hot they had the best defense in the league. They're drifting towards the middle of the pack. They're still good but not great.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Acie Earl scored 41 points in a game once. Bynum is overrated.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Neither Jordan nor Bynum played anything resembling NBA defense in that game and both squads did everything they could to get the ball into the bigs when they had a chance because both sides knew there was no interior defense being played.

The Lakers are really lucky that they were playing a "road" game in the arena where they play their homes games and that they were playing a horrible 9 win team that had 60% of their starting lineup unavailable for the night. I'm convinced that if they played like they did last night in any other arena against any other team in the league, they lose that game.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Why didn't we tab Jordan with pick #30?

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I think the rap on him was: 1) no work ethic, and 2) no basketball IQ.  Pretty much, the Gerald Green of big men.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Acie Earl scored 41 points in a game once.

i remember i was at that game.  the whole time i remember thinking, "what the heck is going on here", lol.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Neither Jordan nor Bynum played anything resembling NBA defense in that game and both squads did everything they could to get the ball into the bigs when they had a chance because both sides knew there was no interior defense being played.

The Lakers are really lucky that they were playing a "road" game in the arena where they play their homes games and that they were playing a horrible 9 win team that had 60% of their starting lineup unavailable for the night. I'm convinced that if they played like they did last night in any other arena against any other team in the league, they lose that game.

Yeah, And they got a mighty tough game tonight at home against the wizards ::) ... what a cakewalk of a schedule they have, seems like every freakin game they play is at home...
And Im convinced cleveland should've lost last night if the game was called properly, And im starting to get more and more worried about the cavs....they're nearly impossible to beat the way they get literally almost everything called there way almost every night...the games they lost have been the few games called the right way, makes me sick..its pretty clear no team that goes into cleveland is gonna even have a fair shot, yet cleveland goes into Portland and gets everything called their way? hmmm
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Kobe had a triple-double with 18/10/12 assist...tells me Kobe gave up some pts to Bynum last night.He probably didn't get a charge out of torching the Clippers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:55:42 AM by housecall »

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

I think the rap on him was: 1) no work ethic, and 2) no basketball IQ.  Pretty much, the Gerald Green of big men.

hahaha dead on... TP
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

hahaha dead on... TP
Jordan fell for the reasons that Roy listed and just before the draft was considered a huge risk if choosen. Many, many good scouts thought he had zero NBA game and zero chance of developing them. But you can't teach height and if you put a 7 foot athletic guys on the court for 30-35 minutes, he's going to give you some stats and have some games like last night where he puts up good stats when the other team decides it's not going to play defense, but you'll never win anything with those guys and the time invested in them will be a wasted amount of time eventually.(See: Patrick O'Bryant)

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:06 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If POB scored 23 points but gave up 42 to a not so great offensive player I doubt people would be asking for him to get more minutes.