Author Topic: Cavs vs LAL  (Read 16685 times)

Re: Cavs vs LAL
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think that was the best I've seen the lakers defense all season, they really did a number on LeBron, but I also noticed LeBron was just not playing his game, he was forcing way too many bad shots, and was just pushing way to hard rather than letting the game come to him , it was just an all around very uncharacterisic performance from LeBron, and the cavs looked like the cavs of 3-4 years ago..Hopefully starting there road trip with a loss in LA will do to them what it did to us, The cavs really arent that good on the road at all

Do not underestimate the fact that they
are missing both Big Z AND Delonte.

Oh, I  know, they definetly missed those guys, but LA did what they had to do and played there best defensive game of the season, LeBron clearly had a terrible game for his standards(which means they lose either way really) and the cavs are just are a different team on the road...I do expect them to route LA in their next matchup, but Kobe won this battle and really played outstanding 1-on-1 defense on "the king"
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I think that was the best I've seen the lakers defense all season, they really did a number on LeBron, but I also noticed LeBron was just not playing his game, he was forcing way too many bad shots, and was just pushing way to hard rather than letting the game come to him , it was just an all around very uncharacterisic performance from LeBron, and the cavs looked like the cavs of 3-4 years ago..Hopefully starting there road trip with a loss in LA will do to them what it did to us, The cavs really arent that good on the road at all

Do not underestimate the fact that they
are missing both Big Z AND Delonte.

Oh, I  know, they definetly missed those guys, but LA did what they had to do and played there best defensive game of the season, LeBron clearly had a terrible game for his standards(which means they lose either way really) and the cavs are just are a different team on the road...I do expect them to route LA in their next matchup, but Kobe won this battle and really played outstanding 1-on-1 defense on "the king"

Point taken.

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Lebron was driving and drawing contact but not getting calls all night.  He started to settle for jumpers since it was apparent the refs were going to let a lot of contact go on both ends of the floor (except on Kobe). 

Amager -  you crack me up.....I want all the cavs healthy for their next trip to the Finals as well.

twinbree - I see the word 'hype' as undeserving credit given to a team.  I don't think either the Lakers or the Cavs are 'hyped' to a level they should not be.  Not a chance SA beats LAL if they play the type of defense (and are allowed to play that physical) they did last night.  The sarcasm came from being bitter about getting 3 hours of sleep to watch the Cavs get dominated.  Sorry bout that

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Cleveland is definitely human on the road. That's 8 road losses now. I mean we have 7, but it just goes to show you that we really would benefit to get Home Court agains them. Heck, we beat them in the Garden with our best player bawling his eyes out seconds before the game.

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
(..)  Not a chance SA beats LAL if they play the type of defense (and are allowed to play that physical) they did last night.(...)

That would be a bad deal for the Lakers, unless they only allow physical defense on their side of the floor.

Not only the Spurs have a chance of beating them but the more I see both teams, the more I'm convinced the Spurs will cause lots of trouble to LAL.