Author Topic: Alex Len?  (Read 5604 times)

Alex Len?
« on: January 20, 2021, 12:33:53 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He's been cut. He is the huge hulking center hat we are missing. He's like a doorman's Baynes.

Re: Alex Len?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:40:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’m not sure there’s space for him with our trio of superior bigs. If we lose Theis along the way I’d grab Len. Big guy who can stretch the floor, but our 3 core bigs are better at the moment.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 03:09:43 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I’m not sure there’s space for him with our trio of superior bigs. If we lose Theis along the way I’d grab Len. Big guy who can stretch the floor, but our 3 core bigs are better at the moment.

If they are all healthy that is true.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 09:11:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Good option.

Not needed with the 3 guys currently here but Len would be a good replacement for one of them allowing Ainge to trade 1 of the 3 for some help on the wings. That is my preference and Len's quality allows Ainge to do that.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'll admit I don't know much about Alex Len but I can't sit here and hear "superior bigs" mentioned when related to the celtics and not cringe. At best the celtics bigs are serviceable I don't even care what the stats say.

Although after hearing brad stevens admit he wasn't used to having to use bigs because they always went small in college it really makes me wonder if it's his fault our bigs aren't great.

Outside of robert williams none of the bigs have really developed under stevens (and I'm being generous when I include williams) since he's been here, in fact I'd say thompson has taken a step back since coming here.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 11:31:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I'll admit I don't know much about Alex Len but I can't sit here and hear "superior bigs" mentioned when related to the celtics and not cringe. At best the celtics bigs are serviceable I don't even care what the stats say.

Although after hearing brad stevens admit he wasn't used to having to use bigs because they always went small in college it really makes me wonder if it's his fault our bigs aren't great.

Outside of robert williams none of the bigs have really developed under stevens (and I'm being generous when I include williams) since he's been here, in fact I'd say thompson has taken a step back since coming here.

Len is just huge. we should have at least one huge center on the roster.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 11:37:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Len is just huge. we should have at least one huge center on the roster.

We have one. Tacko.

What does Len’s size matter, if he can’t use it to defend properly?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 12:39:53 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 12:42:52 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiFhebrvzeg

I think he gives you more that Edwards.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 06:55:42 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Dwayne Dedmon still out there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Id like Dwayne more than Len. Our current center rotation is mostly 6-8ers with long arms who are mobile. We already have a 7'5 slow guy.

Dedmon seems like a good middle ground between the two types where Len essentially would be like a smaller Tacko.
#JKJB

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 08:23:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
None of the big men available are better then the Celtics under contract big men.   (Not counting two way contracts because neither of the ones talked about could be signed to one of those)

If for some reason one of those three big men were moved in a trade that opened up a slot, then yes, it is time to think about adding one of them for the depth.   

But Len was cut from the Raptors who are struggling at the C position.  Dedmon has been available all season and no one has sign him.   There are usually reasons. 

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmULyioNkE
wow. len makes some really poor decisions in that video.

i dont see why the celtics would bring him on board to be honest. where would his minutes come from?

i think they celtics can do better than len in terms of getting a player to help the team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 06:07:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmULyioNkE
wow. len makes some really poor decisions in that video.

i dont see why the celtics would bring him on board to be honest. where would his minutes come from?

i think they celtics can do better than len in terms of getting a player to help the team.

He does make a lot of metal errors but he's a big tough goon type of player that you bring in to give hard fouls and get under other bigs skin. Think Greg Kite.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 06:12:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He would be somebody to sign if they end up trading Theis or Timelord for depth elsewhere.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain