Author Topic: A request regarding tone (and our rules)  (Read 33700 times)

Re: A request regarding tone (and our rules)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 12:48:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What a clutch reminder the above spambot is giving us about respect and cordial discourse. Way too many rival "camps" forming on here that hold grudges against one another.

I love that the spammers tend to gravitate either this thread, or the Rules and Restrictions thread. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 12:50:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I post here in spurts and therefore haven't really followed any trends over time. Do the formation of camps and increased hostility seem to occur during particularly discouraging times?

Would make sense, congruent with the notion that there's more discord among those on losing teams.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I post here in spurts and therefore haven't really followed any trends over time. Do the formation of camps and increased hostility seem to occur during particularly discouraging times?

Would make sense, congruent with the notion that there's more discord among those on losing teams.

It's a lot better now that Rondo is gone. The Rondo side vs the non-Rondo side would go to battle like it was a scene from the Warriors.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I like this a lot, keeping this alive

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

It's a lot better now that Rondo is gone. The Rondo side vs the non-Rondo side would go to battle like it was a scene from the Warriors.

Cosigned.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Unfortunately the Snark/Condescension level on this site has gone up significantly, as well as the "well if you don't agree with me, you must be stupid" level. 

People seem to be less and less able to respectfully voice ideas on this blog which is upsetting. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I know it is probably too hard to enforce, but posters should respect the players.
I really don’t like when players are being described by posters as garbage, trash or whatever.
They are still humans. 

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I know it is probably too hard to enforce, but posters should respect the players.
I really don’t like when players are being described by posters as garbage, trash or whatever.
They are still humans.

Even if they play for the Lakers?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They are still humans.

I agree, but am sometimes guilty of it.

My mother disagreed when commentators or analysts made negative comments about guys, and always added "That's somebody's kid."
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
They are still humans.

Even if they play for the Lakers?
You can say the Lakers are trash   ;)

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Personally I'd like to see less... Player a is terrible because he can't hit 20 out of 30 free throws or his defense is not there.  Or posts about how great or not so great a players stats are and then using that as criteria as to whether or not a player is useful/desirable for the team.   bottom line is, can he make a positive impact in the team, does he make us better?       Moreover, I like  to see less posts about constantly trading up...."hey we got lebron James!  He will make a great trade asset to get this player".  For petes sake it'd be nice to get s team to root for.

Meh, I'm just venting.  Everyone's entitled to their courteous opinion and I've enjoyed the banter from time to time so it's all good.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 05:35:04 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
It's that time again.  A lot of newer posters have come to the blog now that the lockout is over.  For those newer posters who might not be familiar with our rules, or for those veterans of the blog who might be ignoring them, please read our rules.

Some of the highlights:

Respect each other at all times. Personal attacks are not permitted under any circumstances.

Coarse / insulting / gloating / condescending language is not allowed under any circumstances.

No swearing! There is absolutely no need for swearing in any post. If you can't find another way to express your opinion, buy a thesaurus. Any forum post, blog comment or personal message with profanity, masked profanity, abbreviations referring to profanity, or allusions to profanity (i.e., **** or @#$#, etc.), whether or not caught by the blog filter, will be deleted.

Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", etc.

Basically, just treat people decently, and don't swear or use crude language.  It's not that hard, but there have been a few instances of things devolving, and that's not cool.

As always, if there are any questions, let us know.

:)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird