Author Topic: Buying Red Sox Tix  (Read 2527 times)

Buying Red Sox Tix
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I have a buddy that his girl has asked me for advice on buying tix to a Red Sox game.  She is going to surprise him with a trip to Boston and take him to a game.  I have only been to one game there in my life and I was around 14 years old, so I don't remember much except the beating that Kenny Lofton took from the fans around me in the center field seats.

That being said, she has a budget of around $100 per ticket and wants to know where the best seats in the house would be?  Is there a place like the bleacher seats at Wrigley that they could buy and have a "party atmosphere"?  If not, where would you guys sit to have an entertaining time?  The game is in late July.

Also, would you go stubhub and purchase it before, or would you just buy them from a scalper the day of?

Thanks ahead of time,
bb

Re: Buying Red Sox Tix
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:28 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
A couple of pieces of advice:

If you're caught choosing between outfield grandstand or bleachers, go with the bleachers.  At least you'll be facing home plate and won't have to worry about the possibility of obstructed views.

In regards to online broker or scalper, I usually go scalper.  Back when I was in college, we used to go down to Fenway and wait until the game started.  At that point, scalpers are scrambling to dump tickets and you can get them at face or, oftentimes, below face.  Even before the game, scalpers can usually be a better bet than an online broker, however, that depends on opponent and time.  If its a weeknight game in April/May against Toronto, that's more advantageous than a Sat. afternoon game against the Yankees

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
thanks! tp for your time.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
A couple of pieces of advice:

If you're caught choosing between outfield grandstand or bleachers, go with the bleachers.  At least you'll be facing home plate and won't have to worry about the possibility of obstructed views.

In regards to online broker or scalper, I usually go scalper.  Back when I was in college, we used to go down to Fenway and wait until the game started.  At that point, scalpers are scrambling to dump tickets and you can get them at face or, oftentimes, below face.  Even before the game, scalpers can usually be a better bet than an online broker, however, that depends on opponent and time.  If its a weeknight game in April/May against Toronto, that's more advantageous than a Sat. afternoon game against the Yankees

Someone just gave me may tickets to see Toronto, I think you're on to something
When you love life, life loves you right back