Poll

What should happen to Jason Whitlock

Suspended
Fired
No Discipline
Ridiculed into submission for his hypocrisy

Author Topic: What should happen to Jason Whitlock  (Read 29702 times)

Re: What should happen to Jason Whitlock
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
As offensive as it was nothing should happen to him in my opinion, because nothing has happened to him before for most of his racist remarks.  Whitlock is one of the most self hating black men I've ever seen, a pretty overt racist, and a genuinely unfunny individual.  I don't understand how he's still employed.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
At the least he should be strongly disciplined via a suspension.

I think it is gross humor that borders if not crosses the lines of "rascist" and "misogynistic"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
At the least he should be strongly disciplined via a suspension.

I think it is gross humor that borders if not crosses the lines of "rascist" and "misogynistic"

+1 . I was less bothered by the "few inches" and more by the " Of Pain."

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I just find this to be very picky choosy. I'm trying to think of a lighthearted equivalent Jewish or Islamic sketch. Having a hard time. Maybe Jewish because of all the Jewish writers and actors. Not so much Islamic. And probably not black.

You are, of course, discounting every "Coffee Talk " sketch ever, right?
In what way did Coffee Talk every say anything negative about anyone? I just remember her saying things like "Maddonna is such a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. I hate her. I wish I could be her" with Maddona right there and then Maddonna says something like "She's an anorexic Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. Eat a knish already"

Then Barbara Streisand walks in the room and they all say they're gonna die from heart attack and that it's the greatest moment of their life since the time they lost their virginity at ....insert NY thing here...

I don't see that as the same thing at all, but I don't remember coffee talk all that well.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I just find this to be very picky choosy. I'm trying to think of a lighthearted equivalent Jewish or Islamic sketch. Having a hard time. Maybe Jewish because of all the Jewish writers and actors. Not so much Islamic. And probably not black.

In what way did Coffee Talk every say anything negative about anyone? I just remember her saying things like "Maddonna is such a ****. I hate her. I wish I could be her" with Maddona right there and then Maddonna says something like "She's an anorexic ****. Eat a knish already"

Then Barbara Streisand walks in the room and they all say they're gonna die from heart attack and that it's the greatest moment of their life since the time they lost their virginity at ....insert NY thing here...

I don't see that as the same thing at all, but I don't remember coffee talk all that well.

It's not a NY thing, it's a Jewish thing. They played upon a multitude of Jewish stereotypes for comedic effect.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Woah woah woah...towards Nick and Faf.   You really think SNL makes fun of everyone?

And SNL could make the same joke re Lin and the Aisian community wouldn't mind?

I don't know....
I know for a fact that SNL has put the skewers to

Jews - Coffee Talk
Italians - Cheri Oteri as the Brooklyn Italian housewife
Hispanics - Fred Armisen as the bongo beating joke making Latino
Blacks - Gumby, Mr Robinson's Neighborhood
Muslims leaders - Sadam/Clinton/Monica skit
Greeks - Olympia Cafe cheeseburger cheeseburger pepsi no coke
SNL News has made fun of the Pope, every president since Nixon, every race imaginable, and probably every religion as well as gays

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

In what way did Coffee Talk every say anything negative about anyone? I just remember her saying things like "Maddonna is such a ****. I hate her. I wish I could be her" with Maddona right there and then Maddonna says something like "She's an anorexic ****. Eat a knish already"

http://www.gossipcop.com/ben-stiller-snl-monologue-video-jewish-willie-wonka-yom-kippur-saturday-night-live-october-8-2011/

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Woah woah woah...towards Nick and Faf.   You really think SNL makes fun of everyone?

I don't know....

Jews - Coffee Talk
SNL News has made fun of the Pope, every president since Nixon, every race imaginable, and probably every religion as well as gays

What exactly was the big damaging offensive and inaccurate Jewish stereotype that "skewered" Jews in coffee talk?  She was just a Jewish neighbor. She wasn't portrayed as her Jewishness somehow contributing to her ineptness or something.

DIdn't see Gay Hitler, but that was like 2 whole sketches. There was nothing Islamic in the Monica/Saddam hat one.

Mr. Robinson's neighborhood is a good example, but blacks laughed at that too. Who were the Christians that thought the Tebow skit was just so insightful and funny? In what way did Tebow come off good or as someone you want to be around or as something funny that has happened to you?

In what way has Christianity been celebrated on SNL in the way that these characters have? There's a huge difference between a loveable character that's funny and making fun of someone.

Wayne's World doesn't make fun of people in the mid west.  

You're confusing laugh with with laugh at

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 11:46:36 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Linda. Richman.

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Woah woah woah...towards Nick and Faf.   You really think SNL makes fun of everyone?

I don't know....

Jews - Coffee Talk

What exactly was the big damaging offensive and inaccurate Jewish stereotype that "skewered" Jews in coffee talk?  She was just a Jewish neighbor. She wasn't portrayed as her Jewishness somehow contributing to her ineptness or something.

DIdn't see Gay Hitler, but that was like 2 whole sketches. There was nothing Islamic in the Monica/Saddam hat one.

Mr. Robinson's neighborhood is a good example, but blacks laughed at that too. Who were the Christians that thought the Tebow skit was just so insightful and funny? In what way did Tebow come off good or as someone you want to be around or as something funny that has happened to you?

In what way has Christianity been celebrated on SNL in the way that these characters have? There's a huge difference between a loveable character that's funny and making fun of someone.

Wayne's World doesn't make fun of people in the mid west.  

You're confusing laugh with with laugh at
Hanukkah Harry

Coffee Talk made fun of the jewish stereotype...verklempt..etc.

Maybe the reason so many people that have been made fun of on SNL can watch it and think it funny and laugh is because they can laugh at the caricature that they are and be fine with that.

If only Christian Tebow fans could do the same.

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

http://www.gossipcop.com/ben-stiller-snl-monologue-video-jewish-willie-wonka-yom-kippur-saturday-night-live-october-8-2011/
Some differences

1. It was funny

2. Those guys aren't dedicated Jews who are outspoken on anything Jewish. Tebow is.

3. Tebow didn't play himself or write the thing

4. Where was Yahweh to tell them that they were doing their best to make good Jewish food, but just can't and he wants them to give it some effort to improve?

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Upon further inspection, I think taking this conversation (about a legitimately mean stereotype, and what, if any repercussions are necessary for Whitlock because of his use of it) and turning it into another back and forth about Tebow/Christianity/and an alleged double standard regarding satire is not only a perversion about what the thread is supposed to be about, its against site rules.

Do not "hijack" threads, either by taking them off topic or making them your own personal sounding post.  Generally, it is not appropriate to post in the same thread several times in a row to get your point across.

Stop with the Tebow stuff, or talk about in the Tebow thread.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

EDIT: Warned not to discuss the tebow stuff, still discussed the tebow stuff.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:58:28 AM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I submitted that before reading your warning. I probably ignored the red thing