Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT  (Read 83291 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i see tonight's loss had no effect on clifford ray's appetite... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2008, 03:49:03 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Even though we lost,i saw a few upsides to a few things,like Rondo finally got going(hope it carry over) ,Ray did hit some key shots(might be a good sign)...the team overall played a much better game tonight than in game 3.Good luck in Game 5..Go Celts!

« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2008, 07:58:03 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
WADR, I disagree in total about Rondo.

His job is not to score, but he looks for all the world like the high school kid whose parents have been blowing in his ear about being the star.

His job is to initiate the offense, and he hasn't done it very well in the last two games. When he's making plays, the ball moves and the Big 3 get good shots. That's clearly not happening.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2008, 09:08:11 AM »

Offline overeasy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
There is every reason to be "glass half empty" at this point;  for the C's haven't given us much reason to think
otherwise.  They aren't just losing close games, they simply aren't showing up to play.

I don't think Doc is a great coach, but from what I can tell, he isn't suiting up and playing.  The players need to play.
Truth is, in the 80's glory days, K.C. Jones was no genius coach, he just let his great players play;  and they came
through.  That's what this bunch has to do.

Specifically;  Rajon (as others have noted) needs to step up, and that doesn't mean taking ill-advised drives into the
teeth of the Cav's defense.  Right now, he likes like a deer caught in the headlights...

Pierce.  He looks old and slow and confused.  He needs to take better shots.  He has probably lost a half a step over
the years and he doesn't have the ability to drive and create shots like he once did.  But the bottom line is, he has to
play smarter.

KG.  Has to take the ball to the basket and force the Cav's to defend or foul him.  Then, like ALL the C's, he has to make
his FTs.

Ray Allen.  Make some freakin' shots!  Man up, buddy.

Overall, we need more ball movement and more moving without the ball, which was a hallmark of this team
all season.

Stop whining, start winning.

Ron