Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT  (Read 83948 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT
« Reply #285 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Every team stll playing in the playoffs has won a road game but for one.  Can you guess what team that is?  0-5 on the road in the playoffs.  How can anyone give this team a pass?  They did not even score 80 points tonight and they socred TEN, i believe inthe 4th quarter.  INEXCUSABLE.

They still have home court advantage. The series and playoffs are not over! How many teams have won on the road in round 2? I am pretty sure only one.

How many teams in the playoffs won 66 games during the season, had the best road record at 31-10, and is the only team that has not won a road game yet?  This team is in serious trouble right now.  They look very tired and very old.

« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Every team stll playing in the playoffs has won a road game but for one.  Can you guess what team that is?  0-5 on the road in the playoffs.  How can anyone give this team a pass?  They did not even score 80 points tonight and they socred TEN, i believe inthe 4th quarter.  INEXCUSABLE.

They still have home court advantage. The series and playoffs are not over! How many teams have won on the road in round 2? I am pretty sure only one.

Yep, it was the Pistons.

« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2008, 11:07:51 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
we get no luv from barkley and the crew.....none...nada...

« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2008, 11:08:32 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
Every team stll playing in the playoffs has won a road game but for one.  Can you guess what team that is?  0-5 on the road in the playoffs.  How can anyone give this team a pass?  They did not even score 80 points tonight and they socred TEN, i believe inthe 4th quarter.  INEXCUSABLE.

How many teams in the playoffs won 66 games during the season, had the best road record at 31-10, and is the only team that has not won a road game yet?  This team is in serious trouble right now.  They look very tired and very old.

If they lose at home I would agree that they would be in serious trouble..not until then.

« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Bass, why should they be giving the Celtics any love?

« Reply #290 on: May 12, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Boston scoring in the last 17:20 of the game:

Ray Allen and KG combined: 0

P.J. Brown: 4

A formula for failure if ever I saw one.

« Reply #291 on: May 12, 2008, 11:12:03 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

i've been watching the tnt postgame show...EVERYTHING they're saying is 100% correct.  the celtics have NO offensive gameplan to beat the cav's.  the celtics deserve no credit tonight.  they played nice defense - well, so what?  they lost the game and couldn't score down the stretch because they were a worn-out looking basketball team.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #292 on: May 12, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

The TNT crew is behaving the same way many people on this board are. The Celtics lost, so they are a joke, they can't beat any one, there season is over. If they won, the league better look out the champs are coming. Only a fool would say tonight's game wasn't a big one and that the C's could really have sent a message tonight. However, only a fool would also base their loyalty and beliefs in their team, on one game.

Yes it was a bad loss, but the series isn't over, when the C's lose at home, it is very much time to worry. This team needs to win on the road, not to win a championship, but to make winning a championship that much easier.

« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2008, 11:15:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

The TNT crew is behaving the same way many people on this board are. The Celtics lost, so they are a joke, they can't beat any one, there season is over. If they won, the league better look out the champs are coming. Only a fool would say tonight's game wasn't a big one and that the C's could really have sent a message tonight. However, only a fool would also base their loyalty and beliefs in their team, on one game.

Yes it was a bad loss, but the series isn't over, when the C's lose at home, it is very much time to worry. This team needs to win on the road, not to win a championship, but to make winning a championship that much easier.

Well said Celtic, I agree wholeheartedly in those sentiments.  Do you think Cleveland would like to trade positions with the Celtics right now?
Yup

« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.
I agree with Andy and vinnie, Chuck gave us love earlier when he said that we would win if it was a close game... so much for lovin us.

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Magic and Charles are dishing out some truth right now on the C's.

Rondo absolutely needs be the player that gets our stars going, not simply taking what the defense gives him and getting his layups swatted away. Pierce and Allen should have 12-15 attempts apiece with plenty of chances at the line, and Rondo needs to help make that happen for them.

This team is becoming increasingly frustrating to watch because it's obvious if they could just move the ball around faster and make quicker decisions in the half court, Pierce would have his lanes to drive to the hoop and Allen would have his mismatches. But plodding, tentative sets has kept us from establishing any kind of flow on offense all series long so we end up with a horrible shooting percentage and no confidence in our plays down the stretch.

« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2008, 11:20:32 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

Doc has publicly said we are a work in progress...he has said that recently....now 3 guys who did all the scoring for their teams now all of a sudden gotta change they style of play...has to be hard to adapt.

« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2008, 11:23:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Can we all please refrain from the season over, non championship team, irrational, reactionary posts. C's lost tonight, we all know, Cleveland has to win two, Boston has to win two.

I don't know what it's going to take to wake this team up on the road in big games, but it needs to happen soon.

It was irrational and reactionary after games 3 and 4 in Atlanta to throw the season in the trash.  It was starting to feel a lot more rational after game 6.  After game 3 in Cleveland, it started to be irrational to think the C's would suddenly be who they are obviously not.  I held off till now, but there is simply no logic that could convince me that this team is championship worthy.  If you could somehow convince me that Detroit or whoever emerges from the West will not win a game in the Garden, I'll start to believe again. But there is no way we stop those teams in every home game. We simply cannot win on the road in the playoffs -- and this is against Atlanta and Cleveland!

« Reply #298 on: May 12, 2008, 11:25:26 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
Exactly. It is really tiresome them not winning on the road but it is as tiresome to read these 'season over' posts. Esp. when we have yet to be behind in a series.

You're absolutely right (TP), and I think a lot us are talking out of frustration including myself.  It is very easy to get carried away with the negativity. It's good to have other posters share a view that is more positive.  Let us all go get some sleep and calm ourselves down. 

« Reply #299 on: May 12, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Andy Jick said it best -- the celtics have NO offensive gameplan to beat the cav's.  Now who is resposible for making the changes and coming up with an offensive game plan?