Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT  (Read 83938 times)

Re: 2nd Round Game 4 Celtics at Cavaliers 5/12/08 8:00 PM TNT
« Reply #270 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
As much as I want to point fingers at everything we did wrong down the strech, I have to hand it to the Cavs defense as well. They were great. LeBron owned Pierce, Varejao kept KG out of the paint, they forced us to try and beat them with long jumpers on tired legs. It's difficult to execute against that kind of quality defense on the road.

Terribly frustrating loss, but at least we had our chances. We just didn't have the poise.

« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
On the bright side, just think of all the offense PJ provided tonight

Ugghhh

Boobie killed us

I'm a big Sam lover but I'm gonna pin a big part of this one on him.  He missed a bunch of very makeable shots.  He's just gotta hit those.

Yup

« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Can we all please refrain from the season over, non championship team, irrational, reactionary posts. C's lost tonight, we all know, Cleveland has to win two, Boston has to win two.

I don't know what it's going to take to wake this team up on the road in big games, but it needs to happen soon.

They have to lose at home for them to need to win on the road. Just remember and calm yourselves down because only 1 team has one a game on the road in round 2. Lakers, New Orleans all lost 2 on the road. It is not the end of the world and does not mean the Celtics can't win a championship or this series. Are some of you already giving up on the team? Geesh

ONE team in the history of the NBA has won a championship without winning a road game.  It will not happen again this year.  This team is an absolute joke on the road.

« Reply #273 on: May 12, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
lebron couldn't make a shot if the rim was as big as a hula hoop. so no, he's not god.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #274 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I am NOT willing to throw in on this series, but we've got to do some things differently:

1. Find people who will attack the rim. Bench those who will not. That goes for Pierce. Either get to the foul line, Captain, or sit down.

2. Give Perkins a warmup jacket and bury him on the bench. I'll go with Brown and Powe before I'll watch another Gerald Green-like stupid performance in the middle. And I'll take it a step further: Perkins should be traded in the off-season. We cannot win a title with him.

3. Remind Rondo of his role. MOVE THE BLEEPING BALL FIRST, SHOOT IT SECOND. Allen, Pierce and Garnett are shooting options. You are not.

4. Keep up the defensive intensity. It will pay off eventually.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:34 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
the Cavs are the Eastern Champions...i wouldnt expect less from them..

« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
How many times have we heard Doc and GPA say 'our offense will take care of itself'?   Guess what guys?  It won't.  I can't believe how this team can have so much trouble putting up points.  

« Reply #277 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I just can't believe how horrible of a coach Doc is. At one point PJ Brown, Sam Cassell and PJ Brown were on the court and Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen (who were UNQUESTIONABLY the hottest players at the point) were not.

« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Can we all please refrain from the season over, non championship team, irrational, reactionary posts. C's lost tonight, we all know, Cleveland has to win two, Boston has to win two.

I don't know what it's going to take to wake this team up on the road in big games, but it needs to happen soon.

They have to lose at home for them to need to win on the road. Just remember and calm yourselves down because only 1 team has one a game on the road in round 2. Lakers, New Orleans all lost 2 on the road. It is not the end of the world and does not mean the Celtics can't win a championship or this series. Are some of you already giving up on the team? Geesh

ONE team in the history of the NBA has won a championship without winning a road game.  It will not happen again this year.  This team is an absolute joke on the road.

Then don't watch anymore. Pretty sad attitude though.

« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2008, 10:59:30 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

ONE team in the history of the NBA has won a championship without winning a road game.  It will not happen again this year.  This team is an absolute joke on the road.

Obviously the thought of winning a ring without winning on the road is ridiculous. I am just tired of everyone piling on after every loss and completely losing their heads writing extremist posts, and then being silent or absent when they win.

« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I just can't believe how horrible of a coach Doc is. At one point PJ Brown, Sam Cassell and PJ Brown were on the court and Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen (who were UNQUESTIONABLY the hottest players at the point) were not.

Ummm...PJ WAS the offense there for a while.  Sam missed the shots he took, but they were exactly the shots you want him taking.  I didn't understand letting Big Baby in there cold though.
Yup

« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Every team stll playing in the playoffs has won a road game but for one.  Can you guess what team that is?  0-5 on the road in the playoffs.  How can anyone give this team a pass?  They did not even score 80 points tonight and they socred TEN, i believe inthe 4th quarter.  INEXCUSABLE.

« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If I am Doc I play House the entire backup minutes next game. Sam absolutely shot us out of the game in stretches there. Considering he played his usual NO defense and let Boobie kill us he was a HUGE reason for this loss. PP has to also stop his wild spinning drives between 3 people at the end of the game and look to shoot something square or pass the stupid ball. I said at the first that Lebron would shut PP down in this series as always. He should be the decoy.

« Reply #283 on: May 12, 2008, 11:02:59 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
Every team stll playing in the playoffs has won a road game but for one.  Can you guess what team that is?  0-5 on the road in the playoffs.  How can anyone give this team a pass?  They did not even score 80 points tonight and they socred TEN, i believe inthe 4th quarter.  INEXCUSABLE.

They still have home court advantage. The series and playoffs are not over! How many teams have won on the road in round 2? I am pretty sure only one.

« Reply #284 on: May 12, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton

ONE team in the history of the NBA has won a championship without winning a road game.  It will not happen again this year.  This team is an absolute joke on the road.

Obviously the thought of winning a ring without winning on the road is ridiculous. I am just tired of everyone piling on after every loss and completely losing their heads writing extremist posts, and then being silent or absent when they win.

Exactly. It is really tiresome them not winning on the road but it is as tiresome to read these 'season over' posts. Esp. when we have yet to be behind in a series.