Author Topic: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)  (Read 21418 times)

Re: Celtics, Carsen Edwards, negotiating contract
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2019, 12:55:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Sign the dude up, he is a keeper.

Tacko too

Tacko is a novelty act.  He's years away from being as polished as Boban, and Boban can only play 10-15 mpg.
Besides disagreeing with your assessment off the bat, Tacko is much bigger than Boban anyway. The only real issue with his skills is FT shooting
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The guard rotation is going to be tough to figure out. Since we're not a contender, I would lean towards developing the kids. Wanamaker is the obvious odd man out. Waters can find an apt. in Maine. Langford and Edwards might be hard to play together though.

Re: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
highlights from last night game - 14 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tIUfvqqTEo

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Am I the only one not especially impressed by Edwards?  I mean, he’s taking a lot of long, contested three pointers early in the shot clock. I know he’s hitting some of them but pretty much any nba player can get those shots.

Dude better be a steph curry type shooter to justify taking this kinda of shots.

next you will say you are not impressed by Slice Bread.
I’ve seen about 70% of the two games (before I got bored) and I’m not sure I’ve seen him drive once.  Pull up threes is about it.

So yeah, I’m not terribly impressed.

He has driven to the hole on a lot of occasions.  He had 3 layups yesterday as his outside shot was not falling in the 1st half.

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Sign the dude up, he is a keeper.

Tacko too

Tacko is a novelty act.  He's years away from being as polished as Boban, and Boban can only play 10-15 mpg.
Besides disagreeing with your assessment off the bat, Tacko is much bigger than Boban anyway. The only real issue with his skills is FT shooting

Also Tacko might be years away from Bobans polish, but Boban is infinity away from Tacko’s speed, mobility, length and reflexes.

That said, I’m mainly advocating for a 2-way for Tacko, or to perhaps sign him as the 15th if we deal Yabu + Semi or Theis for 1 player.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
This kid is definitely going to have a role in the NBA right from the start.  Absolute steal in the 2nd round.  He will get some 2nd unit minutes.  The C's needed a 2nd unit scorer badly last year and this kid will be it.  He will pass Wannamaker on the depth chart very quickly. 

I'm liking Waters and Tacko as well.  I really hope that Tacko gets the 2nd two way with Waters letting Max Straus go. 

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Am I the only one not especially impressed by Edwards?  I mean, he’s taking a lot of long, contested three pointers early in the shot clock. I know he’s hitting some of them but pretty much any nba player can get those shots.

Dude better be a steph curry type shooter to justify taking this kinda of shots.

I’ve seen about 70% of the two games (before I got bored) and I’m not sure I’ve seen him drive once.  Pull up threes is about it.

He has driven to the hole on a lot of occasions.  He had 3 layups yesterday as his outside shot was not falling in the 1st half.

Yeah, it's too bad for droopdog that he missed some decisive, strong, and crafty finishes inside by Edwards. I wasn't terribly blown away by Edwards in the 1st half either, but he ended the game 2-6 from 3, so it could have been much worse.

Carsen will absolutely have a role on our team. Austin Ainge described his build as a 'fire hydrant' - I thought that was awesome. I said this before, but people gush about Grant Williams being well-spoken, but I was even more impressed by Carsen's press conference than Grant's (who should also easily have a role on this team). I wouldn't sleep on this guy's defense either. He is fast, strong, and plays incredibly hard. At the very least, his on-ball skills should be on point from the start.

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Yeah, it's too bad for droopdog that he missed some decisive, strong, and crafty finishes inside by Edwards. I wasn't terribly blown away by Edwards in the 1st half either, but he ended the game 2-6 from 3, so it could have been much worse.

Carsen will absolutely have a role on our team. Austin Ainge described his build as a 'fire hydrant' - I thought that was awesome. I said this before, but people gush about Grant Williams being well-spoken, but I was even more impressed by Carsen's press conference than Grant's (who should also easily have a role on this team). I wouldn't sleep on this guy's defense either. He is fast, strong, and plays incredibly hard. At the very least, his on-ball skills should be on point from the start.

Agree. I think he’ll  be in the rotation right away.

I am looking forward to Edwards pairing with Smart! Two tough dudes who I think will complement each other well both offensively and defensively.  They will give other teams fits, especially other second units .

Re: Carsen Edwards game 1 highlights: 20 pts with ease
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2019, 05:32:06 PM »

Offline BoilerGal74

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
Edwards took 17 **** shots.  I’d hardly classify that as 20 points with ease.  I think what we found out today is that Edwards is a gunner.  I saw lots of contested threes, which at least in my book isn’t a good thing. 

Is he a good enough scorer to justify his pension for squeezing off shots?  I’m sure we’ll find out.

You are aware that his Purdue Percentage for made shots dropped dramatically in January/February due to back injury?  Painter nor Edwards made a big deal of it, keeping it relatively quiet until back had healed...Just in time for NCAA.  And I take it you saw what happened there???  I’d wait to see what he does in Boston before dissing him...

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't think Droopdog likes any of the 2019 Celts picks

I guess they will just have to show him

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2019, 05:53:03 PM »

Offline BoilerGal74

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
He seems to grasp the moment , no fear of contact , no hesitation.  All good mental assets .

I wish he had a little more of Larkins point skills ,  but the guy has IT4 scoring attitude .

Maybe he can become a better facilitator

Edwards was not a Point Guard at Purdue...Everyone not connected to Purdue continued to refer to him as a PG.  Painter let him “act” as a PG his last year knowing that would be his role in NBA.  This kid is an incredibly quick study.  Give him time....His job at Purdue was to shoot, shoot, and shoot.  He will learn to distribute quickly enough.

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
hey droopdog7

still think Carsen is only a chucker?

well the truth is.... he is a gunner

but a real good one it looks like.  And as the game prolongs is looking like one of those guys that rises up to the occassion

5 for 7 in 3 point shot

highlight below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_47eVp2F78

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2019, 12:21:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Will Edwards contract look similar to Grant Williams (or a tad less)??

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2019, 01:53:56 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
hey droopdog7

still think Carsen is only a chucker?

well the truth is.... he is a gunner

but a real good one it looks like.  And as the game prolongs is looking like one of those guys that rises up to the occassion

5 for 7 in 3 point shot

highlight below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_47eVp2F78
Hey, I have no problems with Edwards proving me wrong.  Still have my doubts but kid definitely has gusto.

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2019, 05:48:37 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Will Edwards contract look similar to Grant Williams (or a tad less)??

No. Williams is getting a forst round pick contract, while Edwards will likely get a shorter deal with less guaranteed, and a salary close to (or at) the league minimum
I'm bitter.