Author Topic: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19  (Read 25223 times)

Re: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Coach needs to hold players accountable. DA needs to have a sit down with him.

There are TOO many players not playing up to their pay check or expectations .

Danny needs to hold CBS accountable to run a tight ship.  Start being at leader and not a watcher .

I don't think team meeting is the answer.

Haywards body langauge is not right.  He is being paid to be an alpha top three scorer , assert himself ,  call for the ball,  he has exceptional skills and seems to hide way to much.  He acts like a beaten puppy to me. 

« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2019, 11:33:02 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Danny needs to hold CBS accountable to run a tight ship.  Start being at leader and not a watcher .

Haywards body langauge is not right.  He is being paid to be an alpha top three scorer , assert himself ,  call for the ball,  he has exceptional skills and seems to hide way to much.  He acts like a beaten puppy to me.

There are too many players on this team who think they are alphas. Gordon is probably trying to subordinate himself to them for team morale purposes. Either by his own choice or that’s what Brad has decided for the good of the team to smooth any hard feelings from the young guys. As for the official alphas I think they are Kyrie, Jayson and Morris. They want the rest to be betas but finding it hard to do.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
https://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1084289722950864896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1084289722950864896&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Kyrie Irving with a long, thoughtful answer explaining that team, especially younger players, needs to worker harder and more consistently in order for this team to be great. Said he’s not content to be 5th seed and wants team to fight for better seeding.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1084289376824295430?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1084289376824295430&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Kyrie Irving had a lot to say postgame but what stood out was “The young guys don’t know what it takes to be a championship level team. What it takes every day. And if they think it is hard now, what do they think it will be like when we’re trying to get to the Finals?”

Kyrie continued with “There were no expectations last year. Everyone played free and easy. Everyone surpassed whatever they expected for themselves. This year? We all have high expectations. The players, the coaches, everyone. And that’s good, but we aren’t doing it yet.”

Kyrie ended with “We can get there. We’ve got to be better. I’ve got to be better. We need to win these games on the road. That’s on me as a leader. I need to be a better leader and to help get us there.”

Ugh, there's clearly dissension in that locker room, seemingly between the "old guard" and the "new guard." Someone needs to straighten the young'uns out, because they haven't done ish yet. Brad (and to some extent Danny) has to step up and figure this out, probably through consolidation or getting some of these problematic players (cough Rozier cough) out of the lockerroom; otherwise, we might be looking at Kyrie reneging on his verbal commitment this summer. And if Brad can't do it, then we need to find someone else who can.

Kyrie finally feeling what LeBron felt playing with Kyrie.

Young guys need the ball too.

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2019, 11:49:52 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
This years team is completely 1000% percent unlikable....hate to say it but I enjoyed the isaiah thomas celtics more.

I do agree with this...they are very hard to root for.  A lot of guys just not giving a crap.

I liked last year's team a whole [dang] lot.

They were the underdogs and fought tooth and nail.

This team is just utterly HOLLOW.

« Reply #334 on: January 13, 2019, 05:03:53 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

There are too many players on this team who think they are alphas. Gordon is probably trying to subordinate himself to them for team morale purposes. Either by his own choice or that’s what Brad has decided for the good of the team to smooth any hard feelings from the young guys. As for the official alphas I think they are Kyrie, Jayson and Morris. They want the rest to be betas but finding it hard to do.

He is receiving his max paycheck already.. Why exert too much effort to be an alpha when he can just relax, play with some effort, score 10 to 14 and get paid for it... Oh the life😋

« Reply #335 on: January 13, 2019, 05:13:31 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Sixers, and Pacers are laughing at us...

Given all the headway and chances to catch up to them in the standings and we find stupid ways of losing to teams that either won't make the POs or is around one and out in the POs...

Heck maybe we are the one round and out in the POs.. IDK but something is definitely wrong with this team.
And that last play epitomised how this team still has no direction as to who takes the ball in thos situations... KYRIE takes the game all 100% of the time in Cleveland even if Lewhine is in the line up.. We on the other hand took it out of Kyrie's... Lol

« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2019, 06:35:43 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
is it july 1st yet??? only thing im looking for...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sixers, and Pacers are laughing at us...

I doubt it we routed INDY last game and PHILLY has yet to beat us.  It is clear that every team has us circled and plays hard against us.

« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
This years team is completely 1000% percent unlikable....hate to say it but I enjoyed the isaiah thomas celtics more.

I do agree with this...they are very hard to root for.  A lot of guys just not giving a crap.

I liked last year's team a whole [dang] lot.

They were the underdogs and fought tooth and nail.

This team is just utterly HOLLOW.

Agreed...I just thought saying I enjoyed the isaiah thomas celtics more than this team was more of an insult to this group...loved last years team

« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2019, 07:23:55 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

And that team was never going to sniff a championship. Part of the problem could be Stevens. He's good at coaching overachieving teams that will make it to the 2nd or 3rd of the playoffs however he's inept at coaching an all-star team.

I know they weren't sniffing a championship nor do I think they should've backed up the brinks truck for IT...they were more enjoyable though and frankly thomas more likable then kyrie...sadly the little guys career is over and we moved on at the right time

« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Kyrie is a chemistry disrupter. Just not a team player.

« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2019, 08:42:09 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403

it did seem easier to root for the team last year.  It seemed like the young guys were putting more effort in on the def end of the floor and that made them easy to like.  That energy just isn't there from them or most of the team right now.

But I am not sure I would go all the way to unlikable.

They put in more effort and played with more energy effort on defense because they were more involved in the offense.

Less standing around while Kyrie plays with the ball.

Kyrie has got to do a better job of keeping his teammates engaged. It is not all about him.

« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
it Was a mistake not trading for Leonard !
A trade of kyrie plus Hayward for KL would have made sense....
Before you start criticizing how that would be a terrible move for us... think about this : if you combine all strengths of KI and GH into one player you would still have a lesser player than KL....
Danny got too cute with his approach to the make up of the team this summer. He also seems to have moved away from the doctrine - always sell high and buy low..
Kyrie and Hayward only marginally affect the W/L column. Heck Utah became a better team when mitchel supplanted Hayward last year..

« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:09 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I slept on this embarrassment but feel no better.

1. Jaylen Brown and Rozier to me are the problems. They feel like they are the man and have no desire to play team basketball. They are selfish.

2. This team cannot get out of their own way. 42 games in and they are still doing the same things.

3. Watching them play is a chore. They are a joyless team.

4. I just do not see it getting any better. I am tired of the talk, team meetings etc. Nothing on the court has proven they are any good.

5. This season has been beyond a disappointment. Too much talent and they just can't seem to figure it out.

6. Last night was a flat out Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. show. Embarrassing.

« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I slept on this embarrassment but feel no better.

1. Jaylen Brown and Rozier to me are the problems. They feel like they are the man and have no desire to play team basketball. They are selfish.

2. This team cannot get out of their own way. 42 games in and they are still doing the same things.

3. Watching them play is a chore. They are a joyless team.

4. I just do not see it getting any better. I am tired of the talk, team meetings etc. Nothing on the court has proven they are any good.

5. This season has been beyond a disappointment. Too much talent and they just can't seem to figure it out.

6. Last night was a flat out **** show. Embarrassing.

^This