Beyond the Association > Global Basketball

I think it’s time basketball goes global

(1/5) > >>

Shaktiman:
Hello everyone,,
NBA getting more boring is actually harmful to the sport, because what other leagues are people really watching or have even heard of?

Football has EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, and every other country also has its own local league with sustantial support. The world over watch World Cup, Euro, Copa America, Champions League.

Basketball has NBA. That's it. I'm sorry but besides hardcore fans no one's watching or has even heard of Euroleague. NBA is in such a dominant position in the sport that anything happening to it will affect the sport as well.

ederson:
No one in the states watches Euroleague

hwangjini_1:
basketball is one of the more global sports around with avid fans throughout europe and in china.

as noted above, it is simply in the US that people dont watch these other leagues.

jambr380:
So are you saying you think that the NBA's players should be spread out around the world? That would essentially kill the NBA. In the US, the world's best talent is assembled in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL.

MLS soccer would likely be much more attractive to US fans if all of the best players in the world played in that league. We are just extremely fickle (and privileged) here. I can't imagine it would go over well if the NBA became totally watered down. The players wouldn't go for it either - there is just way too much money to be made.

Perhaps there could be expansion to Europe with London and Paris teams, but scheduling would be a nightmare with the distance so great.

fairweatherfan:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version