Author Topic: Brogdon, Gallo, 1st for Porzingis?  (Read 2508 times)

Brogdon, Gallo, 1st for Porzingis?
« on: June 11, 2023, 05:22:44 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Maybe they want Prichard or Davidson or even Grant Williams. But we could match his large salary pretty easily by dealing Brogdon.

Al is getting old fast and would be much better suited as a back up playing less minutes IMO.

If anyone else has another idea for a gettable big let's hear it. Never been a huge Zinger fan, but he would improve this team now.

Porzingis
Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Smart

That's a pretty sizeable improvement.

Re: Brogdon, Gallo, 1st for Porzingis?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 05:37:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
If they'd do that, I think I would.  It better balances the roster
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 05:39:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
Why would Washington want Gallo or Brogdon? Trades should make sense for both teams.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 06:00:13 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

Maybe they want Prichard or Davidson or even Grant Williams. But we could match his large salary pretty easily by dealing Brogdon.

Al is getting old fast and would be much better suited as a back up playing less minutes IMO.

If anyone else has another idea for a gettable big let's hear it. Never been a huge Zinger fan, but he would improve this team now.

Porzingis
Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Smart

That's a pretty sizeable improvement.

I don’t understand why Porzingis isn’t more impactful than he is.  I haven’t seen enough of him, but always seems like a highly competent offensive player - yet, doesn’t seem to work out all that well on the teams he’s played for. Will he be someone we talk about early on with empty stats - not impacting wins?  We know he’s huge and to me he seems reasonably mobile - can he defend the 5? 

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 05:44:36 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
I like this one. Like you, I’ve never been a huge Porzingis fan, but I don’t really have a better idea for acquiring a big - which we desperately need given Al’s age and Timelords history of injuries. Pozingiz is an injury risk, too, but I think the gamble would be worth it.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Why would Washington want Gallo or Brogdon? Trades should make sense for both teams.

Use your brain man.  We can give them A center as well. Washington is a go nowhere team. If we can give more assets than Zinger is worth we can make it happen.

Maybe they like Prichard or Davidson,  we can offer multiple picks as well.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 06:26:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441

Use your brain man.  We can give them A center as well. Washington is a go nowhere team. If we can give more assets than Zinger is worth we can make it happen.

Maybe they like Prichard or Davidson,  we can offer multiple picks as well.

Lol. Trade makes a lot of sense for Boston, zero sense for Washington. They get worse. Porzingis is 27. He averaged 23/8/3 and shot 38% from 3pt. Wizards aren’t just going to give him away for two injured players and 1 draft pick. I’m just saying, when proposing a trade it shouldn’t be completely one sided.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 06:33:03 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 06:26:49 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm not sure if Washington does it for your original Brogdon, Gallo and a 1st.  If we did a S&T with Williams added to that package it could be more likely.  This gives them more of an option with Kuzma. 

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 06:31:02 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'm not sure if Washington does it for your original Brogdon, Gallo and a 1st.  If we did a S&T with Williams added to that package it could be more likely.  This gives them more of an option with Kuzma.

. Thank you.  I provided the framework to make the numbers work and mentioned Grant could be included as well as multiple picks.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2023, 06:59:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think it would have to be a three teamer, as I don’t see why Washington would want that package
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2023, 07:01:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
How's Porzingis' pick and roll defense? Can he fill the role that Horford provides defensively?

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2023, 07:17:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
WAS' new GM is debating whether to move forward with their core or break it up and rebuild. Porzingis could be made available relatively cheap.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2023, 07:20:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Yikes. No thank-you. You do remember what the Wizards traded away to get Porzingis, which is a package that shows you his value? Dinwiddie and Bertans for Porzingis and a 2nd.

Bertans is one of the worst contracts in the NBA and was negative value in that deal, but the Mavs were forced to take him on to get rid of Porzingis. On top of that, they had to give a 2nd round pick. Dinwiddie is fine, but Brogdon is a better player than Dinwiddie. He's more efficient and a much better defender. And if you want to bring up Brogdon's durability, then you must not have paid attention to Dinwiddies GP number over his career.

So the comparable value would be Brogdon for Porzingis straight up, and I'm not sure I'd do that. Anything above that would require the Wizards sending value back. This talk of including Gallo, Williams, and a future 1st is a huge overpay considering that his value was just established 16 months ago.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
65 games played this season.

51 last season. 43 the season before. 57 before that. So about 50 games played per season (60%) the previous 3 years.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2023, 07:28:33 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Porzingis has a player option which he presumably is likely to decline. After that he's a free agent.
Not sure how this works. This season Porzingis has played like an All Star, that package is certainly not out of order.
But I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of his game. But the fit with Timelord could be formidable.