Author Topic: The sky is falling/team is awful/Danny's dumb/we need bigs/shooting/change trade  (Read 7338 times)

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Lotta rumors going on over Boston eyeing on Danilo Gallanari? We need a big, not another wing lol.
Think we need a shooter more than a big. A shooting big would be the perfect thing, but a 6’10 shooting forward is okay.

Not sure what we could give for him though.
I'd be fine trading Hayward for him tbh - he has decent creation abilities and is a monster when it comes to scoring in general (his combination of spot up shooting and prowess in isolation+the PnR is elite for a guy who isn't a superstar).

To me they're both similar in terms of quality (top 50 players), but Gallo is a better fit (Hayward is a good ceiling raiser but I think Gallo would cause our offence to explode).
OKC, in contention for a playoff spot, would have no incentive to swap Gallo for Hayward. Its a sideways move - actually for both teams since Gallo is a UFA after this season and Hayward has an opt out.

So unless they had a promise from Hayward that he wouldn't opt out, they'd more likely want a young asset in return.  So the cost is likely one or more of Langford, the two Williamses or the Memphis pick - for a half season rental.

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I think Danny will be forced to make a move eventually because otherwise he would be wasting his young assets.
There are 4-5 (3 1st rd plus 2 2nd rd picks) players he’s going to draft in June plus waters and Tacko... that is seven players ... plus 4 more developing - TL, GW, RL and Carsen .. these are 11 players that will need to be signed... assume the 2 second round picks will be 2 way players. That makes 9 players on rookie contracts. Out of the core 5 , Theis , Kanter and Semi 2 will need to go.
I don’t see why semi has to go as he is great value for his contract and role. Same with Kanter and Theis and even smart...

That leaves Hayward (at near max)(low value) Plus 2 young assets(picks) for a center..

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Lotta rumors going on over Boston eyeing on Danilo Gallanari? We need a big, not another wing lol.
Think we need a shooter more than a big. A shooting big would be the perfect thing, but a 6’10 shooting forward is okay

Instead of making a big trade for Gallo, why not trade Poirer and our first round pick for Dario Saric?  Gives us the option of playing a bigger lineup with him at the 4 and gives us more depth overall.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Think we need a shooter more than a big. A shooting big would be the perfect thing, but a 6’10 shooting forward is okay

Instead of making a big trade for Gallo, why not trade Poirer and our first round pick for Dario Saric?  Gives us the option of playing a bigger lineup with him at the 4 and gives us more depth overall.
I’d love that deal. Feel as if Saric is liked in Phoenix though, he gets lots of time there. He’d be a good offensive fit next to Kanter I think too.

Could dump the Bucks pick too!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Why did you go back to Euroleage Nikola Mitotic? WHY!?
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think Danny will be forced to make a move eventually because otherwise he would be wasting his young assets.
There are 4-5 (3 1st rd plus 2 2nd rd picks) players he’s going to draft in June plus waters and Tacko... that is seven players ... plus 4 more developing - TL, GW, RL and Carsen .. these are 11 players that will need to be signed... assume the 2 second round picks will be 2 way players. That makes 9 players on rookie contracts. Out of the core 5 , Theis , Kanter and Semi 2 will need to go.
I don’t see why semi has to go as he is great value for his contract and role. Same with Kanter and Theis and even smart...

That leaves Hayward (at near max)(low value) Plus 2 young assets(picks) for a center..
Agree.  An "embarrassment of riches" this upcoming off-season once again for DA...needs to make a deal with a team needing picks...