Author Topic: Over reaction Trade Idea after tonight's Sixers game!  (Read 6668 times)

Re: Over reaction Trade Idea after tonight's Sixers game!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 11:03:35 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
If we are trading with the Thunder, I'm betting the farm on SGA.

Tatum for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander + filler

Don't think the Thunder would pull the trigger, but if they did, I'd have no second thoughts about it.
I agree..
Tatum is never going to be an elite superstar and you can quote me on that one.
Tatum and JB are redundant so one has to go.. Hayward salary is so high that he should be playing like an elite scorer but sadly he isn't, he is an average to good playmaker but is an ordinary scorer..

Team needs an elite scorer next to Kemba.. At this point to me everyone is and should be available for trade except JB just because we can't.
Don't think that Tatum and JB are redundant. The way I see it, Tatum reminds me of Carmelo. Was never a fan of Melo's game. I'm not a big fan of Tatum's game either. Plus, I'm super high on SGA.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
OKC has been playing pretty well and in a top heavy West, could be a 6th to 8th seed out of that conference. Why exactly would they trade away Adams and Gallo given how they have been playing?

OKC is now able to compete in the playoffs and still rebuild on the fly with tons of draft picks. There is no need to blow that group up as their chemistry gets better and better. And we know that franchise will be desperate for some playoff home games to recoup some of their past luxury tax bills.

OKC would not make this deal.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 11:14:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we are trading with the Thunder, I'm betting the farm on SGA.

Tatum for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander + filler

Don't think the Thunder would pull the trigger, but if they did, I'd have no second thoughts about it.
I agree..
Tatum is never going to be an elite superstar and you can quote me on that one.
Tatum and JB are redundant so one has to go.. Hayward salary is so high that he should be playing like an elite scorer but sadly he isn't, he is an average to good playmaker but is an ordinary scorer..

Team needs an elite scorer next to Kemba.. At this point to me everyone is and should be available for trade except JB just because we can't.
Don't think that Tatum and JB are redundant. The way I see it, Tatum reminds me of Carmelo. Was never a fan of Melo's game. I'm not a big fan of Tatum's game either. Plus, I'm super high on SGA.
Maybe SGA would help. I’m not sure how cohesive our core 5 are. SGA would help reduce Smart’s offensive role a lot more than Tatum does - this is not something I foresaw as being a problem come Smart returning.

Tatum has really struggled with the increased load, annoyingly so. His rebounding and team defence can’t be matched by SGA, but Kemba (charge-taking) and Smart could really help teach SGA. I think I’m probably only more receptive to this because I’m bummed out about how we’ve been over the last week.

I still think we need to give our team some time - we’ve barely been healthy this season, and we’re still not (Hayward is still clearly carrying his foot injury). Brad needs to adjust.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 11:18:45 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I think it's very obvious what the problem is for the Celtics.
This has been the problem since the start of the season.

Just like in the first game of the season, the Sixers once again punished the Celts inside the paint.

Theis is just too small, even for Horford.
Sixers leading by 4 points with 6 minutes left, ball goes to Horford inside against Theis, Horford bullies Theis inside, Horford scores and Theis fouls him.
A 4-point lead turned into a 7-point lead.

Kanter was supposed to thrive without Embiid.
But an unknown player from the G-League ended up blocking two point blank shots from Kanter.
I mean Kanter was no match for Pelle, a last name that's popular in soccer, not basketball.

Teams have already figured out the Celtics.
Celtic offense is now very predictable, everything from the outside or drives to the basket.

For this Celtics team to go far in the playoffs, there has to be more balance, can't rely solely on the 3-point shot or for wing players to score 20 or more every game.

I think it's time for Ainge and the Celts to choose between Smart and Hayward.

It's totally ridiculous to play Smart at the Center spot in crunch time.
Celts did it in the first game of the season and the Celts did it again when Embiid was not playing.
The result is the same, a Celtic loss.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 11:21:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I quite like that trade!
Works well for both teams.

It really balances the Celtics roster and reunites Kanter and Adams. You get a power forward who can stretch the floor and a great big 7 foot center who can defend, rebound and set picks.

They can't shoot 3's, which is a Brad Stevens trademark for the Celtics if you are a big.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 11:23:46 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Just like in the first game of the season, the Sixers once again punished the Celts inside the paint.

Sixers leading by 4 points with 6 minutes left, ball goes to Horford inside against Theis, Horford bullies Theis inside, Horford scores and Theis fouls him.

But an unknown player from the G-League ended up blocking two point blank shots from Kanter.
I mean Kanter was no match for Pelle, a last name that's popular in soccer, not basketball.

Celtic offense is now very predictable, everything from the outside or drives to the basket.

For this Celtics team to go far in the playoffs, there has to be more balance, can't rely solely on the 3-point shot or for wing players to score 20 or more every game.

Celts did it in the first game of the season and the Celts did it again when Embiid was not playing.

Easy for me- ship Hayward out lol! Can't believe I got so excited over a player signing here who ultimately ended up being a disappointment. Injuries, inconsistencies, injuries, and inconsistencies.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Since the salaries are similar, I would rather have Drummond than Steven Adams.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 11:25:07 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Easy for me- ship Hayward out lol! Can't believe I got so excited over a player signing here who ultimately ended up being a disappointment. Injuries, inconsistencies, injuries, and inconsistencies.

I have to agree.

Even Jaylen Brown is looking like he's better than Hayward right now.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2020, 11:28:48 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Would take either one but I agree.

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 11:32:19 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
My trade idea would be Hayward and Poirier for Drummond and Rose.

Celts will have to include a pick.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Adams is by far the better defender.

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Adams is by far the better defender.

True.

But Drummond will force opposing Centers to play defense.
It's a case of Drummond can get the opposing Center in foul trouble because Drummond is a scoring threat.

Adams is really not an offensive threat like Drummond.

Drummond is also the better shot-blocker.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 12:06:49 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I think the Celtic offense will be more effective if they can play inside-outside basketball.

That would've been possible if Kanter was reliable on defense.

But since it's Theis playing the bulk of the minutes, the Celts don't have that luxury of playing inside-outside basketball.

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 12:11:15 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I've wondered about the possibility of us nabbing Andre Drummond. While he would easily average 14-16 rebounds, I wonder if he would be able to get enough touches, and buy into Steven's system.

Maybe Kemba's UCONN affiliation may prove fruitful for us in earning Drummond's trust (he has mentioned that he would opt out of his contract,) so it would probably cost a pretty penny to retain him.

While our defense would still sort of suffer, as Drummond's defensive metrics have been ranked okay, I can't help but imagine what Drummond could bring to the table. He has a decent amount of flaws like, weak shooting, low FT%, shooting pretty much 94% of his shots within 8 feet. But he's a monster on the boards, and I cannot help but joke with all these bricks our players would put up, Dre could easily snag 18-20.  :angel: :laugh:

I've also learnt time and time again, to never doubt Stevens. He has a way with players.

EDIT:

I would still like Turner, but I wonder if the cost of giving up Hayward, is even worth it?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2020, 12:19:18 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I've wondered about the possibility of us nabbing Andre Drummond. While he would easily average 14-16 rebounds, I wonder if he would be able to get enough touches, and buy into Steven's system.

Maybe Kemba's UCONN affiliation may prove fruitful for us in earning Drummond's trust (he has mentioned that he would opt out of his contract,) so it would probably cost a pretty penny to retain him.

While our defense would still sort of suffer, as Drummond's defensive metrics have been ranked okay, I can't help but imagine what Drummond could bring to the table. He has a decent amount of flaws like, weak shooting, low FT%, shooting pretty much 94% of his shots within 8 feet. But he's a monster on the boards, and I cannot help but joke with all these bricks our players would put up, Dre could easily snag 18-20.  :angel: :laugh:

I've also learnt time and time again, to never doubt Stevens. He has a way with players.

EDIT:

I would still like Turner, but I wonder if the cost of giving up Hayward, is even worth it?

Myles Turner would be a great addition, but I don't think he's available.

Besides the rebounds Drummond will get with the Celts, opposing teams will have to guard him in the low post because he's a scoring threat inside.

That will open up the outside for wing players like Tatum and Brown.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 12:24:30 AM by Fierce1 »