Author Topic: All in Trade for Griffin?  (Read 10116 times)

All in Trade for Griffin?
« on: December 06, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This is the crazy all in move if Danny thinks this team could challenge for the tittle this year. Seems like a risky move...

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/12/06/nba-rumors-5-best-trade-packages-for-blake-griffin/

Re: All in Trade for Griffin?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Brad Wanamaker makes Marcus Smart somewhat expendable and this move would move Tatum back to his natural position at the Small Forward position and Brown back to the Shooting guard position.

Oh really?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 02:36:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Brad Wanamaker makes Marcus Smart somewhat expendable and this move would move Tatum back to his natural position at the Small Forward position and Brown back to the Shooting guard position.

Oh really?

I'm not saying I agree with this trade idea, it's super risky, but it's an all in move. It's the kind of move The raptors made last year....

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A potential Blake Griffin trade would be Gordon Hayward and Marcus Smart in exchange for Blake Griffin. With Hayward, his injury history makes him expendable. It may seem ironic to get rid of Hayward due to injuries and Blake is injury-prone himself but, Blake is a much better player than Hayward is. Brad Wanamaker makes Marcus Smart somewhat expendable and this move would move Tatum back to his natural position at the Small Forward position and Brown back to the Shooting guard position. These position changes could create potential mismatches for opponents and having Blake as a 4th-option is a blessing in itself.

How sway?

Also SF/PF are interchangeable at this point, but none of their points make any sense lol.

We would be better off keeping Hayward anyways....
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:39:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
A potential Blake Griffin trade would be Gordon Hayward and Marcus Smart in exchange for Blake Griffin. With Hayward, his injury history makes him expendable. It may seem ironic to get rid of Hayward due to injuries and Blake is injury-prone himself but, Blake is a much better player than Hayward is. Brad Wanamaker makes Marcus Smart somewhat expendable and this move would move Tatum back to his natural position at the Small Forward position and Brown back to the Shooting guard position. These position changes could create potential mismatches for opponents and having Blake as a 4th-option is a blessing in itself.

How sway?

Also SF/PF are interchangeable at this point, but none of their points make any sense lol.

I think Griffen can play center in a small quick lineup. He's 6'10" I believe....

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

How sway?

I think Griffen can play center in a small quick lineup. He's 6'10" I believe....
He's 6' 9" and has short arms. He also doesn't really jump anymore.

He can certainly play C in offensive minded lineups but not something I'd want to do a lot of.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

How sway?

I'm not comfortable with any lineup that features Blake Griffin at the 5 lol. But maybe that's just me.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 02:46:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hayward was better than Griffin before he got hurt. And he is probably less of an injury risk given his knee issues.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I wouldn't trade Hayward straight up for Griffin right now let alone throw in Smart.

I think Hayward unlocks the Celtics offensive potential so much more then Griffin and the loss in terms of defense losing both Smart and Hayward....

Seems like a trade that moves the Celtics needle the wrong way.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 02:48:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

How sway?

I'm not comfortable with any lineup that features Blake Griffin at the 5 lol. But maybe that's just me.

Griffen is taller and bigger than Theis, as big as Kanter, taller than TIMELORD. Health is the major concern for me. I also really like this team the way it is. I think it's a move away for a championship. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that move....

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Maybe I'm a homer, but the C's trade seems way out of whack to the other 4.

Phoenix Suns
Trade Package: Kelly Oubre Jr, Tyler Johnson, First-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Charlotte Hornets
Trade Package: Dwyane Bacon, Marvin Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Second-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Dallas Mavericks
Trade Package: Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Jalen Brunson, Second-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Portland Trail Blazers

Trade Package: Hassan Whiteside, Anfernee Simmons, First-Round Pick for Blake Griffin

Boston Celtics
Trade Package: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart For Blake Griffin

C's are giving up an All-Star caliber player and a 1st team All-D guy, and teams like Charlotte and Dallas just have to give up 3 bench players and a 2nd round pick?  Hey I get it's about making the salaries match and Griffin may be a negative asset, but c'mon now.

Surprised the author's not asking for the Memphis pick too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:16:36 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 02:50:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Also Blake's main value is now the on the ball creator, I don't think he'd be a great fit in the drive and kick offense that the ball moves around in. At least not in a mid-season sort of move.

He's also a worse contract and playing worse right now than Hayward.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Maybe I'm a homer, but the C's trade seems way out of whack to the other 4.

Phoenix Suns
Trade Package: Kelly Oubre Jr, Tyler Johnson, First-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Charlotte Hornets
Trade Package: Dwyane Bacon, Marvin Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Second-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Dallas Mavericks
Trade Package: Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Jalen Brunson, Second-Round Pick For Blake Griffin

Portland Trail Blazers

Trade Package: Hassan Whiteside, Anfernee Simmons, First-Round Pick for Blake Griffin

Boston Celtics
Trade Package: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart For Blake Griffin

C's are giving up an All-Star caliber player and an 1st team All-D guy, and teams like Charlotte and Dallas just have to give up 3 bench players and a 2nd round pick?  Hey I get it's about making the salaries match and Griffin may be a negative asset, but c'mon now.

Surprised the author's not asking for the Memphis pick too.

You are right and it seems like a lot to give up for such and injury prone player but I believe it's because we don't have the salaries to make it work.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 02:51:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Would you rather trade for Blake or Love ?

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Would you rather trade for Blake or Love?

Love would do a better job spreading the floor but no way the Celtics give up the players with the salaries needed to get him.  It again would move the teams needle in the wrong direction.