Author Topic: Does NBA TV or ESPN air preseason games?  (Read 2617 times)

Does NBA TV or ESPN air preseason games?
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:20:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
With the preseason coming up wondering if we'll be able to watch preseason games on any of the said channels? At the least would they be broadcasted somewhere online?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Does NBA TV or ESPN air preseason games?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »

Offline bunnywhi7e

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'm sure they will air them on CSNE channel like they always do.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
With the preseason coming up wondering if we'll be able to watch preseason games on any of the said channels? At the least would they be broadcasted somewhere online?

Yes... I remember pre-season games being broadcast on ESPN last season so I believe they will do it again.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'd just about bet that the Celtics last preseason game this year against Cleveland will be on ESPN.
In fact, in the 2007 preseason they aired a game by the Celtics don't remember against who though.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'd just about bet that the Celtics last preseason game this year against Cleveland will be on ESPN.
In fact, in the 2007 preseason they aired a game by the Celtics don't remember against who though.

Minnesota.. That was after the KG trade, I think and we were playing at the O2 in London.

Don't know why I remember that.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

Minnesota.. That was after the KG trade, I think and we were playing at the O2 in London.

Don't know why I remember that.

It just so happens I video taped every game that season (including preseason and summer league games) to archive for the documentary I make.  They didn't cover the Minny game in London on ESPN (it was on CSN), but they did cover the final preseason game @ the Garden against the Cavs that year.

They were shooting preliminary footage for the ESPN special "Making of a Champion" that aired toward the end of the regular season as well...

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i remember watching the lakers during Pre season...I saw the Houston and Boston game..cause i stay in Houston...Bill walker going at T-mac lol..

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »

Offline CelticPride18

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29
Comcast will def have all the preseason games, no need to worry.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yes... I remember pre-season games being broadcast on ESPN last season so I believe they will do it again.
Good, unfortunately I'm from the west coast so no CSNE.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk