Author Topic: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)  (Read 30079 times)

Re: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 10:47:04 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
quick question why I can't I upload my player from the draft combine? I went to combine to upload him, but when on 2k I can't import because there is no save file. What am I doing wrong.

Did you upload him from the draft combine mini game?

You have to do that first, then start nba2k10 and import him. Make sure you choose import as well (continue my player ---> import)

I messed myself up by hitting "load" a few times.

"no saved file found on the selected storage device"

Is what I see when I hit import. I've looked around the net and it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. This stinks I don't feel like starting over what so ever.

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:06 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Does anyone know where I can get the Xbox360 "controls" for 2k10 Xbox360? My game didn't come with a booklet... is there a PDF online perhaps?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Does anyone know where I can get the Xbox360 "controls" for 2k10 Xbox360? My game didn't come with a booklet... is there a PDF online perhaps?

The practice mode teaches you each move...you can go at your own pace too...

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

The practice mode teaches you each move...you can go at your own pace too...

Cool. Maybe I'll give that a shot as I suck at the game right now.

Last year 2k9 had this big tutorial online that one could view... now it's just lame video's of Derrick Rose and Kobe Bryant pretending to play one another:

http://2ksports.com/games/nba2k10
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:36 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
How do you play an online game?

Do you have to play in a league? I'm not following how I can just play a ranked game like it has been for the last couple of years.

If you would like to add me my name is xxRidzxx

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
quick question why I can't I upload my player from the draft combine? I went to combine to upload him, but when on 2k I can't import because there is no save file. What am I doing wrong.

Did you upload him from the draft combine mini game?

You have to do that first, then start nba2k10 and import him. Make sure you choose import as well (continue my player ---> import)

I messed myself up by hitting "load" a few times.

"no saved file found on the selected storage device"

Is what I see when I hit import. I've looked around the net and it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. This stinks I don't feel like starting over what so ever.

It's workig now I guess 2k sports made a quick patch. My 6'3 Athletic PG made it into the first round 21st pick.  8) Now to see if they added Quisy to the Celts.

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
has anyone played the my player mode in a big arena post patch?

I'd love for that frame rate to be playable now, i know it's been a huge issue over at thier site so i was hoping against hope they had fixed it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
For those like me experiencing major frame rate issues:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/365348-people-frame-rate-issues.html

seems like the best solution they have come up with is installing to the HD and turning zoom down on the broadcast view. also, turning off the ticker seems to help a bit as well.

Also, we got really lucky, i'll vouch for the garden being a "non-frame rate" arena.

But go play at dallas or philly.  :'(

the five worst offenders, from that thread are" The q, dallas, philly, Golden state, toronto.

hopefully this will work out, I don't really want to restart my player mode.

EDIT:

also, if some are like me and would like "my player" mode to have longer quarters, rejoice!

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/362179-myplayer-discussion-quarter-length-etc.html

Good: it can be done (i'll be switching to 7 or 8 minute quarters. haven't decided.) but it looks like i'll have to run another player through draft combine.

BAD: if you started already, your screwed. it looks at it when the game starts.

I'm willing to redo my player to get the time right. I think I'll make a change anyway. Defense is kind silly in my player mode, so my defensive stopper SF isn't really a world beater.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:19:23 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The My Player clone bug is really starting to get on my last nerve. 3rd time I am going to have to restart. 2k is a joke. So many other issues as well. This is sad.

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Does anyone know how to play a normal online game.

Whats with the league and tournaments and if you go to pick up game you play as a random player on a random team.

This succckkkks!

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
So...are Sweetney and Hudson in the game?

I still have to wait til Monday at least to get the game :-\

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
nah, unless its changed since yesterday, the rosters aren't up to date. the celtics don't even have daniels (again, unless it's patched.)

I have to say, im pretty ticked at 2K. while no bugs are crippling, per say, these have personally affected me:

1. If you call leave it on auto timeouts (which i generally don't) and the computer calls a timeout, it uses 2. The AI ALWAYS uses 2 timeouts. so, the ai gets 4 timeouts, total, throughout the game.

2. The spotlights bug (arena's with crowd spotlights randomly don't have them shut off after timeouts) leads to epic slowdown. The only way to turn it off is to call another timeout for no reason.

3. HUGE BUG, BE CAREFUL ASSOCIATION PLAYERS: If you run developmental drills, the player, even if succesful suffers a HUGE decrease in stats.

example: I had paul do the shooting drill, looking to prop up his three point skill. Instead of going UP, it plummeted down to 65.

This is confirmed, do not do ANY of the drills untill it gets patched.

4. alot of players (most notably shaq, yao and KG) do not have thier dunks, because they do not meet the ratings requirements to have the packages.

Also, no one has pulled off a 360 dunk yet, it is confirmed they are not working at this time.

5. everyone in the games drive tenancy is set to zero, by default. This may be causing some of the issues where known slashers (like paul) tend to float to the three point line on fast breaks.

ALL THE ABOVE SAID:

still loving the game, remade my created guy (now leanord washington, a PG based on the dave chappelle skit. "you better watch your tone"  ;D) and doing that, since because of the developmental bug, association is broken at the moment.

I tried the fixes above for the frame rate issues, and they help, a bit. The problem seems to be that on alot of camera angles (like broadcast) the game can't draw the action and the crowd, so when you get near the paint, the game lags something fierce.

EDIT: official bugs thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/365139-official-2k-bugs-glitches-thread-16.html

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
Don't start an Association or the My Player mode for a couple weeks. There are so many issues with the game that will need patching. Once they are patched, your going to have to start over for them to take effect.

In My Player mode, once you get cut from the team that drafts you, you can pick a new team to go to training camp with, right? Well the problem is you still remain on the team that drafted you, and your on the team you chose to go to training camp with. So there are 2 of you in the game at once, a clone.

Just telling people in case they didn't know. Kind of sad that we'll have to wait that long.

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
hmmm I may have to buy nba live 10 instead. anyone play that?

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
2k is still wayyyy better then Live. Just wait for all the issues to be fixed. I am so mad though. I spent hours on My Player for all of it to go to waste.