Author Topic: 2k9 is really ticking me off...  (Read 17290 times)

Re: 2k9 is really ticking me off...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Crownsy - I've experienced something like that on free-throws.  Hopefully I'll catch up on the learning curve with jump shots.  Not changing my win percentage (lost 11-1 right now) but makes it kind of boring exercises in pounding the paint.  If I can get Ray and Paul useful from the midrange I will have a lot more fun.

It's nice that they have realistic shot animations and different players have different styles, but it's hard on the player.

LarBrd33 - Question... do you play the games, or sim them?  I think the problem is in the simulating of stats.  I'm thinking 2K probably doesn't consider their main market the sim-only players.  At least, not yet.  Seems like the feature gets better every year.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
the end of the game shot is determined by the clutch factor which you can turn off. u wanna release the shot at the top of his release point its a much better game than live 09 seeing as live 09 isnt realistic at all. only trouble i have is the free throw with certain ppl such as kg or josh smith.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Crownsy - I've experienced something like that on free-throws.  Hopefully I'll catch up on the learning curve with jump shots.  Not changing my win percentage (lost 11-1 right now) but makes it kind of boring exercises in pounding the paint.  If I can get Ray and Paul useful from the midrange I will have a lot more fun.

It's nice that they have realistic shot animations and different players have different styles, but it's hard on the player.

LarBrd33 - Question... do you play the games, or sim them?  I think the problem is in the simulating of stats.  I'm thinking 2K probably doesn't consider their main market the sim-only players.  At least, not yet.  Seems like the feature gets better every year.

paul is absolutly deadly if you hold back and hit Y (on 360) for the step back move and immediately take a jump shot on a smaller man.

as in real life, his step back is unstoppable against a shorter player.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 09:06:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
nba live 09 ftL.
:D

fixed, that game came up a little this year, but its game engine is still miles behind.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
2 questions

First, how do you get the roller to catch the ball consistently on the pick and roll?

Second, why can't I shoot on the road (in Association) and is there any setting that can fix this?

Any help is much appreciated.

1. it depends on the guy, though i think its to harsh on people not named TD and KG onthe catch. If its dropping it to much on you, move the hands slider up (be warned though, the computer will chesse with alleyopps if this is to high.

2. lower the "clutch" factor to 10, as that seems to govern the rediculus homecourt advantage.

also, if you want a semi true to life game, ive had very good games with this slider set.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/273918-nba-2k9-sliders-authenticity-real-gets.html

if you dont like that kids, the two sticked right below him were also good.

I have my clutch factor at 0. So you say move it to 10. And my hands are at 25 and so are the computers. I guess I should mine up to 50 and theirs to 35?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum

paul is absolutly deadly if you hold back and hit Y (on 360) for the step back move and immediately take a jump shot on a smaller man.

Good advice, I'll try that next game.

I've found KP43 is a great inside threat.  He's averaging just over 14ppg for me, only 2ppg behind Ray.

Rondo, despite averaging 11+ assists, has less than 4 points per game.  The bench is minimal, though I've actually found Pruitt pretty useful.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i ended up trading in 2k9...i absolutely love 2k8 because i have over 25 years worth of playoff teams rosters (dating all the way back to 1980) for each season from a guy at operationsports.com.  i'm a huge nba history buff, so those keep me plenty busy and i'd rather play with those rosters than current ones.

i just couldn't get into 2k9...it felt like the reaction times of the players was just slightly off and made the game feel terribly awkward.  just couldn't get the sliders right and got tired of tweaking them every 5 minutes...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
2 questions

First, how do you get the roller to catch the ball consistently on the pick and roll?

Second, why can't I shoot on the road (in Association) and is there any setting that can fix this?

Any help is much appreciated.

1. it depends on the guy, though i think its to harsh on people not named TD and KG onthe catch. If its dropping it to much on you, move the hands slider up (be warned though, the computer will chesse with alleyopps if this is to high.

2. lower the "clutch" factor to 10, as that seems to govern the rediculus homecourt advantage.

also, if you want a semi true to life game, ive had very good games with this slider set.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/273918-nba-2k9-sliders-authenticity-real-gets.html

if you dont like that kids, the two sticked right below him were also good.

I have my clutch factor at 0. So you say move it to 10. And my hands are at 25 and so are the computers. I guess I should mine up to 50 and theirs to 35?

yea you should defiantly move your hands up, those sliders are what i use, slightly tweaked. i put clutch up to 10 just to make it so stars shine in the clutch.

I will agree though, it is far to hard to beat teams on the road. I mean, if its a good team, sure, they should always be in it, but horrid teams are never out in their house because there is going to be a five minute stretch where they cant miss no matter what you do.

meanwhile, give me that team in the garden and i blow them out by 30.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Good advice, I'll try that next game.

I've found KP43 is a great inside threat.  He's averaging just over 14ppg for me, only 2ppg behind Ray.

Rondo, despite averaging 11+ assists, has less than 4 points per game.  The bench is minimal, though I've actually found Pruitt pretty useful.

rondo is second on my team to josh smith in franchise, but only because i sent him off to shooting camp twice.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:40 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
nba live 09 ftL.
:D

fixed, that game came up a little this year, but its game engine is still miles behind.
i tried 2k9.
i quite liked it.
I like both of them equally to be honest.
=P
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

That's really cool. I didn't buy a new basketball game this year; I figured I'd give the game some time to really improve before I spent 60 bucks on it, but I'm excited to buy the 2010 version and to use PP's killer step back J.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
Good advice Crownsy, Ray Ray dropped 34 in my game and Paul Pierce had 22.

I don't think I was paying enough attention to shot timings.  I went from 90 points last game to 130 this time.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
There are legit unstoppable moves in the game.

Al Jefferson, pass it to him on the block, back down 1 step, then right stick into the net...baby hook, gold.

Al Jefferson: pass it to him on the block, back one step in, then hit the right stick to AJ's left (so perpendicular), then quickly to his right (kinda like "up, down", so once again perpendicular. Its an up and under lay in, once again unstoppable.

Brandon Roy, Carmelo, PP, Dwayne...use the MID RANGE GAME! The Mid-range game is the easiest show to get in the game and they're extrmely consistent.

Just some tips.

Also don't do Ally-oops. Apparently players are allergic to ally-oops if done by a human (like 1 in 4 success)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
after an extended break from 360, which included a frenzy of nba hangtime matchups with a buddy of mine on n64, i'm finally back.  Unfortunatly, i had to sell my 2k9 to gamestop because my old 360 was systematically destroying my games....

Anyways, i had the intention of purchasing college hoops 2k9 this time around, but come to find out they didnt make it this year! man i was peeved.

I ended up purchasing college basketball '09 or whatever EA calls it.  And i must say it's actually a pretty solid game so far.  Not to highjack this thread, but does anyone else own this game? my only complaint so far is that the computer AI apparently went to the Leon Powe school of flopping/charges...everytime i try to back a dude down he's diving like there's a horn for an air raid.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 04:50:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
after an extended break from 360, which included a frenzy of nba hangtime matchups with a buddy of mine on n64, i'm finally back.  Unfortunatly, i had to sell my 2k9 to gamestop because my old 360 was systematically destroying my games....

Anyways, i had the intention of purchasing college hoops 2k9 this time around, but come to find out they didnt make it this year! man i was peeved.

I ended up purchasing college basketball '09 or whatever EA calls it.  And i must say it's actually a pretty solid game so far.  Not to highjack this thread, but does anyone else own this game? my only complaint so far is that the computer AI apparently went to the Leon Powe school of flopping/charges...everytime i try to back a dude down he's diving like there's a horn for an air raid.

I've played it...I honestly hated it. I thought that Coach K College Hoops was better. Too arcadey..players seem to "skate" on the floor. Nothing seems really natural, and the graphics aren't up to par

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner