Author Topic: the whole league is off its axis  (Read 683 times)

the whole league is off its axis
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Not only a tectonic shift of free agents but the refs are changing the game to the point you can't breath on rookie guards.
There are young guys scoring too many points.I hope the playoffs aren't like regular season,

Re: the whole league is off its axis
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 05:21:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not only a tectonic shift of free agents but the refs are changing the game to the point you can't breath on rookie guards.
There are young guys scoring too many points.I hope the playoffs aren't like regular season,
Geesh, rookies getting superstar calls must be happening on all the non Celtic games because I haven't seen very many rookies or young guys getting superstar calls. I know the Celtics' youngsters aren't getting any love from the refs, that is for sure.

But if the subject is the larger question of the quality of NBA officiating, I do think it has been fairly bad on a consistent basis all year. It's the inconsistency for how the game is called, even half to half. One crew's touch foul is nothing to a different crew. Screens are called all over the place. Traveling is not two steps, it's now around 2 steps. And then you add the superstar rules on top of the inconsistency and it makes for bad overall officiating.

Re: the whole league is off its axis
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They rarely, if ever calls the fouls when Tatum gets hammered.