Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 583051 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6645 on: April 30, 2024, 12:00:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Shams reporting Lakers willing to draft Bronny to get Lebron to stay in LA and will also offer something around 3 years 164 to Lebron. (I would have to imagine last year is an option of some sort, not sure you can even give three guaranteed years at Lebron's age under CBA).

« Reply #6646 on: April 30, 2024, 12:03:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Shams reporting Lakers willing to draft Bronny to get Lebron to stay in LA and will also offer something around 3 years 164 to Lebron. (I would have to imagine last year is an option of some sort, not sure you can even give three guaranteed years at Lebron's age under CBA).

So we'll have Thanasis 2.0 lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6647 on: April 30, 2024, 12:16:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
If I'm Lebron, I go somewhere else. It's pretty clear that the Lakers have plateaued and are going nowhere anytime soon.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6648 on: April 30, 2024, 12:46:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
If I'm Lebron, I go somewhere else. It's pretty clear that the Lakers have plateaued and are going nowhere anytime soon.

Spurs and Thunder make the most sense IMO. I think Spurs #1. Paired with Wembanyama, with an elite head coach that Lebron already has a ton of respect for. And Spurs will add another top-caliber draft pick to the roster as well. OKC would be intriguing too, they have a ton of future picks and a young roster that's now in the 2nd round. It's possible they could get over the hump for good by adding Lebron to that group.

« Reply #6649 on: April 30, 2024, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Spurs and Thunder make the most sense IMO. I think Spurs #1. Paired with Wembanyama, with an elite head coach that Lebron already has a ton of respect for. And Spurs will add another top-caliber draft pick to the roster as well. OKC would be intriguing too, they have a ton of future picks and a young roster that's now in the 2nd round. It's possible they could get over the hump for good by adding Lebron to that group.

Hate to say it but Sixers make a helluva lot of sense to me.

« Reply #6650 on: April 30, 2024, 12:53:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!

I thought them too but the thing is, he had a chance to go there after 2018 and it seemed like his family didn't want to go there. But it makes a ton of sense. Embiid/Maxey/Lebron. I do wonder if he also looks at Embiid's health and questions if it's sustainable with him going forward. Embiid's even more fragile than AD.

« Reply #6651 on: April 30, 2024, 01:10:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I can’t see LeBron living in Philadelphia. Maybe he’d go to the Warriors if they move some pieces around.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6652 on: April 30, 2024, 01:24:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
LeBron and KD to the Warriors to team up with Curry?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6653 on: April 30, 2024, 01:27:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

So we'll have Thanasis 2.0 lol

I get why people make this joke, but Thanasis is actually a fringe NBA player. He was originally drafted in g-league draft (not by the bucks) and was then drafted by the Knicks (51st pick). He also played in the top leagues of Europe that feature a lot of guys that could be end of bench guys in NBA. I doubt Bronny would sniff the court or even get a tryout for a team like Panathinaikos right now where Thanasis won MVP of the Greek league. I am not trying to pick on Bronny but it is just a bad precedent for the league if he gets drafted by someone to make his dad happy when it is unclear if he is even a top tier college starter level material (it is also not like he is some 7'3 prospect). 

« Reply #6654 on: April 30, 2024, 01:31:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

This would be hilarious but believe it is financially impossible.

« Reply #6655 on: April 30, 2024, 01:37:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207

This would be hilarious but believe it is financially impossible.

GS would have to ship out Chris Paul, Klay, and Draymond... It works in trade machine as Bron And KD to GSW, Paul and Green to the Lakers, and Klay to the Suns... Great trade for GSW but not so much for anyone else...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 02:45:15 PM by liam »

« Reply #6656 on: April 30, 2024, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ummm...okay, Magic.  :o

Earvin Magic Johnson
@MagicJohnson
The Lakers have nobody but themselves to blame. They wouldn’t have been in the play-in game or finished as a 7th seed this season if they hadn’t lost too many games because of load management.

« Reply #6657 on: April 30, 2024, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432

Earvin Magic Johnson
@MagicJohnson
The Lakers have nobody but themselves to blame. They wouldn’t have been in the play-in game or finished as a 7th seed this season if they hadn’t lost too many games because of load management.
Magic!! Drop mic
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6658 on: April 30, 2024, 02:19:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

Earvin Magic Johnson
@MagicJohnson

I don't even know what he is referencing? Lebron and AD set all time highs in game played for lakers?

« Reply #6659 on: April 30, 2024, 02:31:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
The Lakers need to trade Davis. He is the issue. 

Davis, Reaves, 1st for Embiid

Davis for JB (if Boston flames out)

Davis, Vincent for Irving, Gafford, 1st
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip