Poll

With Ayton and Doncic gone, who would you want the C's to draft at #3 as of May 15th?

Marvin Bagley III - PF - Duke
27 (56.3%)
Jaren Jackson Jr - PF - Michigan State
12 (25%)
Mo Bamba - PF - Texas
4 (8.3%)
Michael Porter Jr - SF - Missouri
3 (6.3%)
Wendell Carter - PF - Duke
1 (2.1%)
Trae Young - PG - Oklahoma
0 (0%)
Collin Sexton - PG - Alabama
0 (0%)
Other Player
1 (2.1%)
Trade the pick, alone or in a package, in a non-AD deal
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Say we land #3 tonight... Who's your current #3 prospect if no Ayton or Doncic?  (Read 5188 times)

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Hey, we've picked #3 in the past two drafts, and have all star and #3 pick Al Horford. 

We got hit by injuries harder than any team, so who knows, maybe we pull off an all-time lottery upset.  With a 2% chance to land a top 3 pick, let's say we get lucky and land the #3 pick.  Here are the main guys we'd consider, plus a few guys in the high lottery range.

3. Marvin Bagley III - PF - Duke
4. Jaren Jackson Jr - PF - Michigan State
5. Mo Bamba - PF - Texas
6. Michael Porter Jr - SF - Missouri
7. Wendell Carter - PF - Duke
8. Trae Young - PG - Oklahoma
9. Collin Sexton - PG - Alabama
10. Trade Pick - Please elaborate and please no AD trades

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2018-heres-where-we-stand-before-tuesdays-lottery-sets-the-draft-order/

As of today, before the lottery, would would you want to pick?  If you want to trade the pick, what type of trade would you be looking for and who else would you package with the pick?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I think I'd take Jaren Jackson JR. He's a 3and D Center that would be perfect backing up both big man spots. I also wouldn't mind taking a swing at Trae Young. Trea Young looks like he could be the real deal scoring the ball. You can never have too much shooting.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Jaren Jackson would be an absolute dream for this team. A 3 and D center who can take Horford place when he starts to regress.

The dream scenario is Orlando picks 5th with Jackson still on the board. They want a point guard so we offer up Rozier. They say they want more so we use our 27th pick and a future late 1st to move up to get, let's say the Suns 14th pick, which we then send to Orlando as well

So they trade is essentially..

BOS gets: Jaren Jackson Jr.
ORL gets: Terry Rozier & 14th pick

Fair swap in my eyes.

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If he clears medically, Michael Porter Jr is a no brainer. I believe before his injury, he was the consensus #1 pick. A 6'10" SF that can shoot from anywhere. With the Celtics philosophy of position-less basketball, Porter seems like an ideal fit.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
If he clears medically, Michael Porter Jr is a no brainer. I believe before his injury, he was the consensus #1 pick. A 6'10" SF that can shoot from anywhere. With the Celtics philosophy of position-less basketball, Porter seems like an ideal fit.

Can Porter defend?

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Jaren Jackson is such an overrated prospect. He averaged like 11 and 5 in college.. What's he going to average in the nba against better competition? 7 and 4?

Bagley is the one. He might end up being better than doncic and ayton. Porter also has a chance to be the best in the class

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I picked Bagley, knowing the little that I know this year.  He not only seems like the top guy available but we need a PF/C.  While he needs to improve his game and improve his skills, I think he is our true shot at building a true dynasty if Bagley develops like Jaylen has these 2 years. 

He could be a solid starting caliber player very early off our bench, and an all-star caliber player in 3 years.  After our current big 3 potentially owns the East for the duration of Hayward's contract, in 4 years a prime / young quartet of Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, Bagley plus whoever else we can keep (Hayward, Al, Smart, Terry, Theis, Baynes, etc) would be truly insane. 

I haven't watched enough college this year to lobby hard at this point, except maybe thinking Trae Young won't be good, but I think Bagley is the only guy that offers great value at #3.  He was the #1 guy in his class, was supposed to be a generational guy... I say get that guy.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Best scorer available with physical tools available for defense. I guess that's Bagley or Porter Jr.

Defense will be retaught anyways for NBA schemes.

I want Doncic so badly...

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Bagley, versatility.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Best left at #3 are Bagley, Bamba, and Porter Jr.

I'd give the edge to Bagley because he fills a need for us -- a 6'11 power forward who will instantly become our best rebounder, will score in the lane and on drives, and rim run.  He needs to improve his defense and push the range on his shot out to NBA 3 though.

Bamba is probably the best defensive prospect in this year's draft.  He is very long with a 7'9 wingspan and can bother a lot of shots.  He still needs to increase his strength and polish his offensive game.

Porter Jr. is an x-factor type of guy but because of injuries is likely to drop.  Also he plays SF and we already have 3 guys who could play SF if need be -- Hayward, Tatum, and Brown.  Where would the minutes come for Porter Jr. unless we try to shoehorn him into a PF position?  Also how bad are his medical charts?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jaren Jackson or Bamba

But Porter Jr. I'm sure will be in the mix

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I think it would have to be Bagley at #3. I also like Carter, but seems like a reach at #3 (maybe trade down?)

Could be talked into Bamba.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The best pick would be Mohamed Bamba, for me.

I think he checks two boxes. A kid who's got high potential, and solves a future need. If he's there, and we have the pick, we should get him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Bagley.  Then Bamba.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've been in the Porter camp for awhile.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip