Poll

Are we jumping?

Yes
28 (30.8%)
No
63 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: draft lottery tonight at 7:30pm EST. Will we jump up to #2 or 3? (poll)  (Read 13594 times)

Re: tomorrow is the draft lottery. Will we jump up to #2 or 3? (poll)
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
All day tomorrow I am going to be chanting:

Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

Trying to channel some of that Auerbachian luck!

Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

C’mon, whose with me? (In best Bluto voice)

https://youtu.be/6eX3fiQLo84

https://youtu.be/tG25f13s2JA

I'll be chanting:

Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton

FTFY!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
So basically, If Adam Silver opens the 5th envelope and does not show the Lakers (Philly) LOGO then all of Celtic nation should be half jubilant because that means they jump to 3rd or 2nd...but gulp hope its not First because it goes to Philly.....It will be tense once again.
That would be nerve-racking.

If the pick actually goes to Philly, what do you guys believe they will do with it? I mean, Ayton is the consensus #1 pick, but they already have Embiid.

Draft somebody else at #1?
Trade down?
Trade out of the draft?

All sorts of options on the table for them. For what it's worth, if I were the Sixers I'd strongly consider trading down. Doubt Colangelo would have the guts to do it though, especially after what happened last year with Fultz and Tatum.

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 08:23:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
So basically, If Adam Silver opens the 5th envelope and does not show the Lakers (Philly) LOGO then all of Celtic nation should be half jubilant because that means they jump to 3rd or 2nd...but gulp hope its not First because it goes to Philly.....It will be tense once again.
That would be nerve-racking.

If the pick actually goes to Philly, what do you guys believe they will do with it? I mean, Ayton is the consensus #1 pick, but they already have Embiid.

Draft somebody else at #1?
Trade down?
Trade out of the draft?

All sorts of options on the table for them. If I were the Sixers I'd probably trade down. Doubt Colangelo would have the guts to do it though, especially after what happened last year with Fultz and Tatum.

They would take Doncic. You could slot him into 3 different positions and Philly needs a talent upgrade.

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
All day tomorrow I am going to be chanting:

Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

Trying to channel some of that Auerbachian luck!

Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

C’mon, whose with me? (In best Bluto voice)

https://youtu.be/6eX3fiQLo84

https://youtu.be/tG25f13s2JA

I'll be chanting:

Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton
Doncic Ayton

FTFY!

Nice...

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Actually we have 3 telling moments. If the 10th pick is revealed, presuming picks 11-14 don't move up, to be Philly, we get the Sactown 2019 pick #1 protected. If pick 10 goes to anyone else, the LA pick is now a top 3 pick and is either the Cs pick at 2 or 3 or Philly's pick at 1. We will only know which when picks 2 and/or 3 are revealed.
The sheer pandemonium this would create would be epic. There will be 3 franchises that would squirm. The crazy feeling that a possible Lakers pick could end up being a possible franchise player for the Cs all the while resulting in another blow to the Process in Philly would be massive.

Of course Philly getting the #1 overall would be equally brutal.

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The pick moving up to #2 would be perfect.  That's the perfect opportunity to either take Doncic or sell the pick to the highest bidder.  Hopefully the ping pong balls fall the right way!

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If the ping pong balls fall right and Ainge drafts Doncic, is that the end of Smart?

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2018, 10:19:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
If the ping pong balls fall right and Ainge drafts Doncic, is that the end of Smart?

Welp, can't keep everyone forever. Smart and/or Rozier's gotta go!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2018, 10:56:19 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
Actually we have 3 telling moments. If the 10th pick is revealed, presuming picks 11-14 don't move up, to be Philly, we get the Sactown 2019 pick #1 protected. If pick 10 goes to anyone else, the LA pick is now a top 3 pick and is either the Cs pick at 2 or 3 or Philly's pick at 1. We will only know which when picks 2 and/or 3 are revealed.
The sheer pandemonium this would create would be epic. There will be 3 franchises that would squirm. The crazy feeling that a possible Lakers pick could end up being a possible franchise player for the Cs all the while resulting in another blow to the Process in Philly would be massive.

I’m curious how the NBA will handle the placards. I’m assuming since they know the order 30 minutes before the live reveal that if the pick is at 10, 11, 12, or 13 they’ll use Philly’s logo (not the Lakers’).

If the pick is 2 or 3 they’ll use the Celtics’ logo, and if it’s 1 they’ll use the Sixers.

So my other question is, will they have an extra seat for a Celtics’ rep up on the dais?  And I f the pick goes in the top three, then instead of having reps from the three remaining teams stand up for the last segment, they’ll actually have four. Two other teams and then the reps for the C’s and Sixers. And one representative is going home without a pick at all. THAT would be crushing!

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I’m curious how the NBA will handle the placards. I’m assuming since they know the order 30 minutes before the live reveal that if the pick is at 10, 11, 12, or 13 they’ll use Philly’s logo (not the Lakers’).

If the pick is 2 or 3 they’ll use the Celtics’ logo, and if it’s 1 they’ll use the Sixers.

So my other question is, will they have an extra seat for a Celtics’ rep up on the dais?  And I f the pick goes in the top three, then instead of having reps from the three remaining teams stand up for the last segment, they’ll actually have four. Two other teams and then the reps for the C’s and Sixers. And one representative is going home without a pick at all. THAT would be crushing!
correct, the nba uses the conditions of the picks to decide the team on placard

The 2016 draft lottery had a lot of different protected picks of various different protections (around 16:00-22:00): https://youtu.be/REJAzuMheXo

They explain the protections to the audience as well

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2018, 01:00:52 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

So my other question is, will they have an extra seat for a Celtics’ rep up on the dais? And I f the pick goes in the top three, then instead of having reps from the three remaining teams stand up for the last segment, they’ll actually have four. Two other teams and then the reps for the C’s and Sixers. And one representative is going home without a pick at all. THAT would be crushing!
Last year Alvin Gentry representing the Pelicans was on the dais just in case they jumped into the top 3 but didn't and the year before the Wizards rep was sitting there on the dais in case they jumped into the top 3 but they didn't , so the last couple of years teams have had reps there that didn't get a pick at all.
As far as the top 3 , if the pick jumps into the top 3 , not sure if they will have 4 team reps standing there after they come back from the commercial break when they reveal the top 3, maybe they should have a secret trap door and who ever out of Boston and Philly doesn't get it , boom your gone ;) great TV

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2018, 01:09:33 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Trade the pick for future picks obviously  :P

Re: Today is the draft lottery. Will we jump up to #2 or 3? (poll)
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2018, 01:12:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Stupid timezones. I'll be at uni when the lotto balls are bouncing around :'(

Excitement is real!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Today is the draft lottery. Will we jump up to #2 or 3? (poll)
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Stupid timezones. I'll be at uni when the lotto balls are bouncing around :'(

Excitement is real!
lets hope the ping pong balls fall in our favor  :laugh:

« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82

So my other question is, will they have an extra seat for a Celtics’ rep up on the dais? And I f the pick goes in the top three, then instead of having reps from the three remaining teams stand up for the last segment, they’ll actually have four. Two other teams and then the reps for the C’s and Sixers. And one representative is going home without a pick at all. THAT would be crushing!
Last year Alvin Gentry representing the Pelicans was on the dais just in case they jumped into the top 3 but didn't and the year before the Wizards rep was sitting there on the dais in case they jumped into the top 3 but they didn't , so the last couple of years teams have had reps there that didn't get a pick at all.
As far as the top 3 , if the pick jumps into the top 3 , not sure if they will have 4 team reps standing there after they come back from the commercial break when they reveal the top 3, maybe they should have a secret trap door and who ever out of Boston and Philly doesn't get it , boom your gone ;) great TV

That's hysterical.  TP for you!