Author Topic: NBA Finals Game 3 Celtics At Lakers 6/10 9:00 PM ET ABC  (Read 89308 times)

Re: NBA Finals Game 3 Celtics At Lakers 6/10 9:00 PM ET ABC
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'd like to think the Celtics could win game 3 but I had a feeling they would have to play close to perfect. They didn't.

« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Disappointing loss obviously, but the Lakers are so clearly inferior to the Celtics, this game has me very, very encouraged. The Celtics had one decent quarter tonight...and the Lakers barely won. Even with the ticky-tack makeup fouls. No worries for Big Green. A sweep was a little much to hope for anyway. Let's not be too worried about this loss.

See y'all Thursday.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2008, 11:57:10 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Lakers ought to be frightened if Celts can play this poorly and be in it with a minute to go.  Not that we're still in it now . . .

Shouldn't we be frightened that the Lakers just played awful at home, gift wrapped a title for us, and we didn't take advantage of it?

Yeah, I'll give you that.  True.

« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Yes, a sweep would have been nice but all the Celtics need to do is win 1 in LA.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2008, 12:00:20 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Lakers ought to be frightened if Celts can play this poorly and be in it with a minute to go.  Not that we're still in it now . . .

Shouldn't we be frightened that the Lakers just played awful at home, gift wrapped a title for us, and we didn't take advantage of it?

Well, it goes both ways. Lakers should be frightened because the Celtics played horrible all game and still had an oppurtunity to win. KG and PP didn't play their best either that is for sure.

« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »

Offline T1ME

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Thanks for showing up Ray, apparently Paul and KG missed the flight.

« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2008, 12:01:39 AM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Hope Paul Pierce cant sleep tonight. He had an terrible performance in is home state, in front of friends and family and didnt show up to play.
On another note, not the best game but there is encouragement in this. Lakers sucked tonight. Pau is exposed and is cotton ball soft, Odom is inconsistent.
Lets Put this away in LA and win 1.

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2008, 12:02:10 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2008, 12:02:23 AM »

Offline overeasy

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Can't win this series with Leon Powe as your go-to guy.  Pierce and KG and Allen have to be the "big three".... or
the "big three losers," it's as simple as that.

We don't have a Kobe-type player.  No one who can generate offense off the dribble on a consistent basis, but
that's OK as long as KG and Paul decide to show up and do their workmanlike thing.  Tonight they didn't.
I'll give Paul the benefit of the doubt and assume the knee is killing him.  KG has no excuse.  All the fist-pumping
and chest-thumping won't make up for losing in the Finals, bud.  You either come to play or you go home...and take
our hopes of a two-decade drought with you....

And did I mention that I'm sick to death of the "home court advantage" BS?

« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
wow, bad coaching at the end of the game. had a good chance down 2.
they had to trap kobe. ill live with it if the other players made their shots

« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:45 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Boston didn't play that well and they still had a chance in the end if they didn't leave white people open for 3's.

Paul had a horrible game and KG wasn't that much better. I hope Rondo is going to be fine but having him out
gave House some time and I HOPE that Doc will see that he's better than Alien and never let him hurt the team
again. I feel confident that Boston will win 1 in LA if not possibly 2.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
LET ALLEN GUARD K0BE ONE ON ONE LATE IN THE GAME!!
LIVE OR DIE WITH IT. LAKERS HAVE SHOOTERS ON THE FLOOR!!

Why wasn't Posey on Bryant?  He was in the game with Ray...... I also think Doc should not have put Rondo back in after he left wth his ankle, the game was flowing better with House out there even though he wasn't knocking down his shots ( he was still a threat that needed to be guarded)

« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Laker fans can quit crying now. Free throw disparity was just as bad tonight as it was in game 2. Celts had their chances, but didn't get it done in the 4th quarter. About 5 bad possessions in a row with a slim lead did them in.

One thing I am getting royally sick of is the national media's adoration and almost blatant love for the Lakers. Just little things where they continually talk about what the Lakers need to do, or did wrong. Or not one word tonight about free throw disparity. Or talking about how the Lakers won despite bad games from Gasol and Odom. Always putting the Lakers first in any discussion about the games. Maybe I just have a complex, but it is getting fairly ridiculous. We are just a few jump shots away from this series being over after tonight's game and all I have heard all series is abour the Lakers.

« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2008, 12:06:06 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we win this Finals I think Ray is going to win the MVP, he's just been the most consistent player for us all series.

« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
ray guards kobe better the pose.
but they had to keep trapping him in the end.