Author Topic: Gilbert Arenas confirms he was a loser...  (Read 1050 times)

Gilbert Arenas confirms he was a loser...
« on: May 25, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I appreciate the honesty, I guess, but even more than injuries its his attitude that ultimately held Gilbert back:

As Arenas explains, “I was angry as [bleep] as a bench player. I’m not clapping for [bleep] you did. Like, I’m sorry ... [bleep] that. I want your position.”

Arenas continues by saying he rooted for his teammates to struggle when he was on the bench because he knew that meant he would enter the game sooner. He even says he would call out teammates to try and get his coach to sub him in sooner.

“I was literally making sure the coach knew his flaws, like, ‘C’mon, dude, get back on defense.’ Like, ‘[dang], man, he keeps getting beat.’ Like, ‘Tighten up, he keeps going left on you.’”

And this is why I like former BC Eagle Jared Dudley:

That’s a losing mentality! Don’t care how much money you made or how good of a player is, if u have that mentality the basketball Gods cannot reward you! That’s why having good vets in the NBA are crucial cuz there are players like this. It’s a disease

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Gilbert Arenas confirms he was a loser...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 07:57:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Not surprising. What a talented weirdo.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 07:58:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Really glad this franchise has a guy like Al Horford as the backbone to build the team around. Al might not be known for being the most vocal leader/vet, but what he does is talk to you/teach you personally and shows you how to comport yourself by setting the example as to how to be a great teammate/professional/player/person.

Dudley would be a great locker room add as a veteran minimum type. He should would be better to have than a Yabusele or an empty roster slot.

Arenas is one of the most cancerous people to ever enter an NBA locker room. To hear him telling these stories only confirms what everyone knew...he was just a horrible human being when he was a player. I hope he has grown up and sees the errors of his ways.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
That's really funny  ;D.

We have a former Dutch footballer (soccer player), who used to do the same kinda stuff.

He would take the closest seat to the coach and when they'd be losing, he would get on the nerves of the coach until he would be subbed in. Or he would start a warming-up by himself (uninstructed) to pressure the coach to let him into the game. And when his team had lost he would lighten up the locker room by saying: 'My goodness, how bad were you today?'

Once when a game was played under very hot conditions there was a bucket with water down the sideline. When the assistant-referee wasn't paying attention this player threw the whole bucket upside down on him, so he was soaking wet.

He also peed into shampoo bottles of his teammates (I assume that caused some outrage under the showers) and secretly put a turd in someone else his shoes. But he got away with all his stunts, since he was the best friend of the charismatic teamcaptain (Ruud Gullit, you might know him).

The guy is now a television star, basically by telling anecdotes and making fun of other people. He's really popular, but he also loves to ridicule people and burn them to the ground. Something like Shaq with Javale McGee.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:17:47 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Makes me wonder if any of our guys were doing the same thing this year *cough*Rozier*cough*

- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
And this is why his NBA trophy cabinet is very empty.

I wonder what his bench’s reaction was to him choking against LeBron
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Agent Zero......now I know what that means......0 IQ, 0 MORAL FIBER.