Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28390 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
(My Thoughts As Of 2/4)

It’s unfortunate, but he doesn't want to be here according to his list and his dad has echoed similar feelings. So be it.

I still love this team and feel confident Danny can make some stuff happen to help in the future even if AD is no longer possible. We’d still be a young team building for the future post-Warriors dominance.

And honestly the Lakers giving up 7 players and their entire youth core for AD screams desperation lol. Either way our focus should be on the East and getting to the Finals, not what the Lakers do. Why worry about them now?

And lastly, I love Ainge and know he takes risks, but man if he trades Tatum and possibly Smart or Brown as well in a package for AD without a commitment, YIKES. Way too risky. Could have catastrophic consequences and look embarrassing if he does an AD trade and he bolts for LA anyways in 2021.

I want AD too but I don’t understand the notion that we’re doomed if we don’t get him. We still have a great team to build with around Tatum + Brown and many other young guys, and we’ve still likely got 1-2 high picks coming in the next few years. Hopefully Kyrie sticks around too.

Idk what will happen in the next few days but if the Pelicans agree to that trade with the Lakers, so be it. I actually think the Lakers would be foolish to trade 7 guys for him + Hill ($$$) to have some 2 year contention window with an aging Lebron, AD, Hart + likely no bench.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I don't think Ainge would trade Tatum for AD if it's just a rental.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't think Ainge would trade Tatum for AD if it's just a rental.

Yep, and he shouldn’t. Absolutely not.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Also, I’m actually kind of surprised NOP may not take that LAL massive offer. Do they think other teams can outbid that by a good margin this summer? I’ll admit that Lakers offer is even more than I initially predicted  :P

I’m not saying that to act like I hope LAL gets AD (of course not!), but wow Pelicans must really feel irked by the Lakers and their actions this past week.

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
The list is just to get AD out of NO before the deadline.  It’ll change afterwards.

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said that Boston GM Danny Ainge "has encouraged the Pelicans to wait until the offseason to negotiate with the Celtics."
It was reported earlier on Monday that Davis would only be willing to sign a long-term deal with the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks or Knicks, but Boston "remains determined" to try and partner Anthony Davis with Kyrie Irving for long-term even with Irving's free agency plans up in the air. Boston can put together a monster package, and it helps their case that the Lakers "are growing increasingly pessimistic about the Pelicans willingness to do a deal with them" according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. Based on these updates, a deadline deal does not seem very likely.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Stop buying into Rich Paul’s propaganda, Phantom. That’s all this is. Once AD becomes a C this summer, he’ll be Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ting shamrocks this time next year.

It makes no sens that AD would not want to be here long-term, especially with the 99.9% chance that Kyrie re-signs after an AD trade. He’s not leaving in 2020, very possibly after a championship year, to go to the Lakers with a 36 year old Lebron and who knows what else.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Stop buying into Rich Paul’s propaganda, Phantom. That’s all this is. Once AD becomes a C this summer, he’ll be ****ting shamrocks this time next year.

It makes no sens that AD would not want to be here long-term, especially with the 99.9% chance that Kyrie re-signs after an AD trade. He’s not leaving in 2020, very possibly after a championship year, to go to the Lakers with a 36 year old Lebron and who knows what else.

I really hope Kyrie and AD have been talking about playing here long term. They’re real good friends and apparently text a lot. In a way I’m also kind of glad there hasn’t been much in terms of dramatic tweets by our local media folks, so maybe this is all overblown and everything’s calm/normal on our end (even the Kyrie FA drama)

But still, although I want AD I also want him to want us too.

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
Stop buying into Rich Paul’s propaganda, Phantom. That’s all this is. Once AD becomes a C this summer, he’ll be ****ting shamrocks this time next year.

I really hope Kyrie and AD have been talking about playing here long term. They’re real good friends and apparently text a lot. In a way I’m also kind of glad there hasn’t been much in terms of dramatic tweets by our local media folks, so maybe this is all overblown and everything’s calm/normal on our end (even the Kyrie FA drama)

But still, although I want AD I also want him to want us too.

I think we’re in a good place with all things mentioned.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
These players change their minds when they start winning

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
See ya

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
So Danny's plan is hope the Pelicans wait until the summer, trade for AD then and re-sign Kyrie.

Maybe the Pelicans really want Jayson Tatum instead of anything the Lakers are willing to offer.

And maybe Danny isn't phased by AD's perceived lack of interest in coming to Boston and will be able to convince him to change his mind.

I am skeptical all this can happen, but if so, it would be a hell of a coup by Ainge.

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Also, I’m actually kind of surprised NOP may not take that LAL massive offer. Do they think other teams can outbid that by a good margin this summer? I’ll admit that Lakers offer is even more than I initially predicted  :P

I’m not saying that to act like I hope LAL gets AD (of course not!), but wow Pelicans must really feel irked by the Lakers and their actions this past week.
Ya think? The Pels asked the league twice to look into tampering charges against people in the Lakers sphere of influence. I don't think you do that if you are happy about your situation with said team.

It's one of the reasons I am so sure Davis isn't going to be moved to the Lakers. You don't implicate a franchise of trying to tamper with your star player and sabotage your team then turn around and give that team exactly what they want, that star player.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
(My Thoughts As Of 2/4)

It’s unfortunate, but he doesn't want to be here according to his list and his dad has echoed similar feelings. So be it.

I still love this team and feel confident Danny can make some stuff happen to help in the future even if AD is no longer possible. We’d still be a young team building for the future post-Warriors dominance.

And honestly the Lakers giving up 7 players and their entire youth core for AD screams desperation lol. Either way our focus should be on the East and getting to the Finals, not what the Lakers do. Why worry about them now?

And lastly, I love Ainge and know he takes risks, but man if he trades Tatum and possibly Smart or Brown as well in a package for AD without a commitment, YIKES. Way too risky. Could have catastrophic consequences and look embarrassing if he does an AD trade and he bolts for LA anyways in 2021.

I want AD too but I don’t understand the notion that we’re doomed if we don’t get him. We still have a great team to build with around Tatum + Brown and many other young guys, and we’ve still likely got 1-2 high picks coming in the next few years. Hopefully Kyrie sticks around too.

Idk what will happen in the next few days but if the Pelicans agree to that trade with the Lakers, so be it. I actually think the Lakers would be foolish to trade 7 guys for him + Hill ($$$) to have some 2 year contention window with an aging Lebron, AD, Hart + likely no bench.
i put no value in Davis allegedly not wanting to play in Boston. That’s nothing but spin.  They just want to avoid this being delayed for 5 months.  I explain it in this 5 minute video:  https://youtu.be/-VFuQ9IuTOE

I put even less value in what his dad allegedly wants.  That’s a hilarious non-story.