Author Topic: Greece v Serbia Fight  (Read 8418 times)

Re: Greece v Serbia Fight
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
First off PAO fans hate Olympiakos, so... You may call Teo whatever you want, he's still one of the best in Europe. Plus he didn't start it. :)
Second Greeks hate Serbia as we've been owning you time and time again, decade after decade after decade... When's the last time you played in Belgrade? And we've owned you in Athens so many times that it's just embarrassing. Even my Greek friends (who happen to support Olympiakos) don't watch your national team's games. After Eurobasket which you've been talking about and expecting so much, just cover your ears.
If you have been steamrolling, how come there was only one point difference? Your point was that you didn't need any help by the refs because you owned everyone. You didn't own us so refs decided to help (or it was arranged, either way).
Do you really think that our players would really get involved into a fight without having a good reason for it? I mean only a mad man would assume that basketball players get [peeved] over 1 point difference. I watched the game yesterday (replay) and you were the one getting away with the calls, not us. Our coach got 2 technicals for no reason. End of discussion.

are you the serbian Tommy Heinson? That was the most biased description of the rivalry that I have ever seen. The behavior of the Serbian players was embarrassing.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
First off PAO fans hate Olympiakos, so... You may call Teo whatever you want, he's still one of the best in Europe. Plus he didn't start it. :)
Second Greeks hate Serbia as we've been owning you time and time again, decade after decade after decade... When's the last time you played in Belgrade? And we've owned you in Athens so many times that it's just embarrassing. Even my Greek friends (who happen to support Olympiakos) don't watch your national team's games. After Eurobasket which you've been talking about and expecting so much, just cover your ears.
If you have been steamrolling, how come there was only one point difference? Your point was that you didn't need any help by the refs because you owned everyone. You didn't own us so refs decided to help (or it was arranged, either way).
Do you really think that our players would really get involved into a fight without having a good reason for it? I mean only a mad man would assume that basketball players get [peeved] over 1 point difference. I watched the game yesterday (replay) and you were the one getting away with the calls, not us. Our coach got 2 technicals for no reason. End of discussion.
1. yes. PAO fans hate olympiakos fans. they dislike them even more when a certain olympiakos player tried to sack-whack players attemtping 3's (aka milos teodosic). but it's all good in the end because i cant even remember the last time olympiakos ever won a league title...or even 1 euro league title....

2. over the course of history, yes serbia has had the edge. but the past decade or so, the "rivalry" isnt as lopsided as it once was. greek basketball has made HUGE strides the past 20 years. and serbia isnt as good as they once was.

3. i never said greece was steamrolling in the serbia game. it was a close game. as far as the previous games go, just look at the box score. as far as the refereeing goes, it wasnt the reason the fight broke out. the fight broke out because teodosic punched Fotsis near his privates on the 3pt attempt. as for serbia coach getting 2 technicals, nobody told him to take his glasses off and hand them to the ref to see "better."

and behold the glory of milos teodosic...

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 05:29:02 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Players are prone to get into fights because of the emotion and physicality of sport. The 'reasons' are almost insignificant.

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Players are prone to get into fights because of the emotion and physicality of sport. The 'reasons' are almost insignificant.

How many times have you (by you I mean everyone) gotten in a fight with a friend during a pickup basketball or football game?

Happens all the time. In professional sports the reasons are like tabloid headlines..fun to consider but ultimately irrelevant.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Well Greek players got [peeved] for nothing at first, Teodosic didn't do much, in that game, and he merely pushed away that other player when all greeks attacked him.
I see it this way: Greeks started, we finished it off with style (streets style).
As for Teodosic...
First off everyone acts. Go watch Drogba videos.
Secondly his hand finished there by accident. I managed to grab guy's knee when he shot a three once.
Thirdly OMG BAN HIM FROM BASKETBALL, HE TOUCHED GUY'S PENIS!
Couldn't bother watching further than the guy falling on the floor cuz Teo touched him..
However, not sure who said that I'm biased, but since there are Greeks here spitting on us, someone has to spit on them back (both sides got good reasons).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:41:16 PM by LeoMoreno »

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Well Greek players got [peeved] for nothing at first, Teodosic didn't do much, in that game, and he merely pushed away that other player when all greeks attacked him.
I see it this way: Greeks started, we finished it off with style (streets style).
As for Teodosic...
First off everyone acts. Go watch Drogba videos.
Secondly his hand finished there by accident. I managed to grab guy's knee when he shot a three once.
Thirdly OMG BAN HIM FROM BASKETBALL, HE TOUCHED GUY'S PENIS!
Couldn't bother watching further than the guy falling on the floor cuz Teo touched him..
However, not sure who said that I'm biased, but since there are Greeks here spitting on us, someone has to spit on them back (both sides got good reasons).
1. first off, nobody spit on the serbs here. people are just analyzing the game/fight.

2. i still dont get how you can say teodosovic didnt "do" anything. obviously he did. it's on video. i'm pretty sure fotsi didnt just get angry for no reason. as you can tell i'm a pao fan and i think i've watched pretty much every derby match betwenn pao/osfp and i can tell you that teo pulls these dirty tricks at a good rate and the pao players know that about him. he's punched people in the privates before (like the video shows). his hand didnt accidentally go there. it's a common trend with him. that's why fotsi took offense. it's not like fotsi has never been fouled before taking a shot.

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I have no stake in this fight and its still really obvious Teodosic punches people in the bean bag. Like, exceedingly obvious. Undeniably obvious. Should I go on?
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.