Author Topic: kendall marshall  (Read 2671 times)

kendall marshall
« on: June 25, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
what about him? with his broken wrist, the best point guard in the draft might actually fall to us.

the latest mock on one site has us taking marshall and sulinger, which i think would be an absolute steal.

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

does marshall fill a huge need? no but it would be great to have a ball distributor on the bench while rondo sits out. he can also learn from the best pg in the game, and be a great insurance policy for rondo.

i like from what ive seen of marshall.

Re: kendall marshall
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I would definitely take him if he is there. Fills a huge role as the PG of the second unit( we haven't had a legit backup PG since the big 4 have been together. This kid has a ton of talent and would give us leverage with Rondo in the future.

I would take Royce White before him because he is also a very good play maker, but is also 6'8, 260 .

I definitely want a play maker out of this draft to give Rondo and PP some rest .

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:48 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
If we wound up with Marshall and Sullinger on draft day, I think I'd be physically ill. Marshall's lack of scoring ability would make him a guy that averages 10 minutes a game at best. He'd never be able to play with Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:23 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Once again I dont see the point in drafting a point guard of any kind. Besides that, I wanna see Kendall Marshall go somewhere where he can get a lot of minutes (not 10 max behind Rajon). I hope he goes to Hornets or Mavs. He will be one of the most successful players in this draft.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
As has been already acknowledged we have no need for him. Point guard is the one position in which we can feel safe saying we're set. At 21/22 I don't think there would be a big enough talent gap between him and other available players to justify picking him. However, if we did draft him we could let him play backup until he shows enough flashes to be a trade chip.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
As has been already acknowledged we have no need for him. Point guard is the one position in which we can feel safe saying we're set. At 21/22 I don't think there would be a big enough talent gap between him and other available players to justify picking him. However, if we did draft him we could let him play backup until he shows enough flashes to be a trade chip.

Starting point guard: Rondo (check, check and check check check)
Backup point guard:... *crickets*

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:14:16 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Exactly.  The best thing we can do with these picks is generate value.  Hoping they can pop into the rotation at a need position is wishful thinking.  Picking BPA makes it much more likely that they will crack the rotation to begin with while also creating a valuable trade chip for later.  If we got a really good back up PG I would be totally satisfied.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:07 AM »

Offline KevinConnor

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
If Marshall falls to us in the draft I'm pretty sure the rumours of DA trying to trade Rondo will be louder than ever! And since Rondo is the one getting us the most in return i for one would take those rumours pretty serious. I'm not sure if I would be thrilled if we got Marshall because of the above.