Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12114 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I do not want Jordan at all.  They can keep him.  Just give me Butler to make the dollars make sense.  If they insist on Jordan, then they better take Bass or Terry also.

Okay, so I get that Jordan isn't ideal, is a little overpaid, and a liability late in the 4th with his ft%, but I would love to see him play with Rondo and we could definitely use his rebounding and blocking. People act as though he is horrible, but he would give us a legitimate center, which we haven't had since Perk/Sheed.

I doubt that his play would be so bad that we wouldn't be able to flip him for at least an expiring.

We have already seen him with the best PG in the league.  Why would we expect a huge difference with Rondo?

First of all, I am not a believer of Paul as the best pg in the NBA...not anymore. Rondo isn't necessarily a better player, but he is [easily] the best passing pg in the NBA. Combine that with Deandre's already ridiculous fg% and I think we would continue to see some improvement.

Deandre only plays like half the game in LA. He would get at least 30 mins per game in Boston and there is no reason he couldn't be a 10/10/2 guy.

Besides, I look at Deandre as kind-of a throw-in to make salaries work and I would much rather have him than an aging player like Butler...Bledsoe is the real 'prize'.

The difference in Paul's and Rondo's passing is minor.  You can argue for either of them to be better.

And how can the prize be a guy that plays the same position as the teams best player?  How many 6 foot guards do the Celtics need?

Re: Doc Kg AND pp scenario none of you have posted
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have made out of the box suggestions on this blog that have not been well received to put it mildly. The first is when I suggested that a superstar like Pierce who really loves the team should approach mgt and offer himself for trades that would make the team better. The second was when I suggested that Docs behavior in the offseason was arrogant and dishonorable to his contract with the Cs.

There is a perfect scenario that could redeem Doc, and it has something to do with my first post.

What if Doc, KG, and PP are actually acting in accordance with my first post. That is they have looked hard at the future of the Celtics and they see that the quickest way y for this team that they love to bounce back is to make a move at this time that will help the Celtics shorten the rebuild. Think about it.

If they all stay we cannot win anything and KG together with PP will retire getting beat up by these young teams in another frustrating season. Then Doc will be alone with a young team and no chips to deal.

If however they are able to pull off this Clipper deal, Doc KG and PP will be in a great position to beat up on teams possibly win a championship and they would have done a big favor for the organization they all love, the  Celtics. After his run with the Clippers Doc could come back to the Cs in a front office position, this could be a redeeming explanation for what is going on right now.

I love altruism as much as the next guy, but I think you are giving Doc too much credit. KG would have to waive his no trade clause and he can see the writing on the wall, but I think something could be worked out with trades of KG/Paul without Doc leaving to coach another team altogether. It is not impossible that Doc could return in some capacity, but I think he is extrememly wary of a rebuild.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:46:29 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
I do not want Jordan at all.  They can keep him.  Just give me Butler to make the dollars make sense.  If they insist on Jordan, then they better take Bass or Terry also.

Okay, so I get that Jordan isn't ideal, is a little overpaid, and a liability late in the 4th with his ft%, but I would love to see him play with Rondo and we could definitely use his rebounding and blocking. People act as though he is horrible, but he would give us a legitimate center, which we haven't had since Perk/Sheed.

I doubt that his play would be so bad that we wouldn't be able to flip him for at least an expiring.

We have already seen him with the best PG in the league.  Why would we expect a huge difference with Rondo?

First of all, I am not a believer of Paul as the best pg in the NBA...not anymore. Rondo isn't necessarily a better player, but he is [easily] the best passing pg in the NBA. Combine that with Deandre's already ridiculous fg% and I think we would continue to see some improvement.

Deandre only plays like half the game in LA. He would get at least 30 mins per game in Boston and there is no reason he couldn't be a 10/10/2 guy.

Besides, I look at Deandre as kind-of a throw-in to make salaries work and I would much rather have him than an aging player like Butler...Bledsoe is the real 'prize'.

The difference in Paul's and Rondo's passing is minor.  You can argue for either of them to be better.

And how can the prize be a guy that plays the same position as the teams best player?  How many 6 foot guards do the Celtics need?

If there is another deal out there that will bring back a 'better' center, a starting sg with potential to be a star, and draft picks, then I am all for it.

Just because we are not getting exactly what we need doesn't mean it's not by far the best proposed deal out there. It is all about acquiring as many assets as possible so this rebuild isn't a total bummer. If they don't fit, we trade them...but at least we have something of value to trade.

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

You don't have a throw in to make salaries work that has 23 million left.  I'd much rather just take Butler and 8 million expiring contract.  Helps with the financial situation a lot more and Butler isn't as good and thus will help with rebuilding faster.  A team with Rondo, Bledsoe, Green, Jordan isn't going to be bad enough to really put Boston in position for a top pick, so what is the point in the trade.  If you are going to rebuild then you rebuild and that means you take Bledsoe (and his supreme value) and picks for value, not an overpaid center that can only play half the floor and can't play in crunch time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Bledsoe, Jordan and picks is a good haul for our old guys.

I'm assuming this deal would be contingent on buying out Pierce so he can join them.  Otherwise the Clips are paying way too much.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Still not a fan.  A backup PG for Rondo and an over payed C. 

Two 1st rounders in the high 20s don't do much either.

Bledsoe is better than Rondo.

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

You have to be kidding me...
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:57 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Bledsoe?????
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

No, I am not.

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 11:52:47 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

If you believe this, then you must be ecstatic about this proposed deal...

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

No, I am not.

So then I guess they won't even do a straight-up deal.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bledsoe, Jordan and picks is a good haul for our old guys.

I'm assuming this deal would be contingent on buying out Pierce so he can join them.  Otherwise the Clips are paying way too much.

Pierce supposedly isn't part of the Clipps deal. He would be dealt to another team who would want him solely for his contract, be bought out and join KG and Doc in LaLa land.

We would get MORE assets for PP.

This is all a no-brainer for me. especially keeping in mind what Pierce wiould actually cost us if we kept him for next year. (See front page article on the $$$ cost of keeping Pierce. It's astronomical if the article is accurate.)He's gone. (if the article is accurate)

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
The latest on Yahoo Sports is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to team up.  I know this is crazy and far fetched, but is it even remotely possible that we trade our big 3 (including Rondo) in a sign and trade and get Chris Paul back?  If so, how much more cap space would we need to clear to get Howard?

Is it possible to have a starting lineup of:

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

That would be phenomenal!

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

No, I am not.

I'm sorry man, you're completely delusional.

What has he done compared to Rondo?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 12:16:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
The latest on Yahoo Sports is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to team up.  I know this is crazy and far fetched, but is it even remotely possible that we trade our big 3 (including Rondo) in a sign and trade and get Chris Paul back?  If so, how much more cap space would we need to clear to get Howard?

Is it possible to have a starting lineup of:

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

That would be phenomenal!

I could see Laker interest in Rondo, but I don't know that KG/PP to the Clips for Paul [in a s&t] would really interest them since they really are trying these other things to keep Chris.

Bledsoe would really have to step up as the Clips pg, but I do think the team would be better than last year's team, but probably not championship caliber.