Author Topic: Woj: Morey to oversee 76ers Ops?  (Read 7785 times)

Re: Woj: Morey to oversee 76ers Ops?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 08:57:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Nice move for Philly. He’s smart.

Can’t wait to see Harden dribble the air out of the ball and grift 4 times a year vs the Cs.

Yeah, great move for Phili. Their front office was a disaster of decisions for the past few years since Elton Brand took over. Morey knows his stuff.
I think this puts some pressure on Ainge. Philly is going to make moves. Toronto is going to make moves. Brooklyn is going to make moves. And that’s just in the division. That doesn’t count Miami and the Bucks. Cs can’t rest of their laurels.

What laurels? Underachieving each year the past few years while we watch the Lakers catch us in banners?

Yeah, Ainge and Stevens both have to start performing better.

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Can’t wait to see Harden dribble the air out of the ball and grift 4 times a year vs the Cs.

Yeah, great move for Phili. Their front office was a disaster of decisions for the past few years since Elton Brand took over. Morey knows his stuff.
I think this puts some pressure on Ainge. Philly is going to make moves. Toronto is going to make moves. Brooklyn is going to make moves. And that’s just in the division. That doesn’t count Miami and the Bucks. Cs can’t rest of their laurels.

What laurels? Underachieving each year the past few years while we watch the Lakers catch us in banners?

Someone is still going to have to explain to me how going to the Eastern Conference Finals 3 out of the last 4 years with teams that had no right being there is considered underachieving.

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
76ers gonna be real good with Morey overseeing the operations. With Doc Rivers at the coaching position, their offseason has been intriguing so far.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Someone is still going to have to explain to me how going to the Eastern Conference Finals 3 out of the last 4 years with teams that had no right being there is considered underachieving.

I'm starting to think that Celticsblog loves to constantly rebuild.

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
So which one of them is the boss? Is Morey going to be in charge or Brand will still call the final shots?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

By that, I meant they can’t stand idle and not try to improve the team and just expect internal growth. They need to get some veteran bench help.

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 10:27:58 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

By that, I meant they can’t stand idle and not try to improve the team and just expect internal growth. They need to get some veteran bench help.

You honestly believe that they're doing nothing? Seriously?

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

You honestly believe that they're doing nothing? Seriously?
I think they are inclined to keep the status quo.

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
So which one of them is the boss? Is Morey going to be in charge or Brand will still call the final shots?
Morey wouldn't have taken the job if he wasn't going to have control.  Brand will report to Morey. 

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 04:24:58 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Here's hoping Morey doesn't like Simmons and he's willing to consider a trade around Kemba. :P

For instance:

https://tradenba.com/trades/QYhiedMUW

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2020, 07:41:48 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I'm starting to think that Celticsblog loves to constantly rebuild.

Don't worry, there's a sizable contingent of posters here that have no idea how building a team works, and think that winning a championship is easy/instant.

Like there's always a magic bullet out there that will guarantee us a title.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2020, 07:45:00 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

No right being there?

They've had the most talented team in the East for the last 2 seasons and yet failed to get out of the East.

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2020, 07:53:36 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

No right being there?

They've had the most talented team in the East for the last 2 seasons and yet failed to get out of the East.

Especially in 2019, it didn't work at all but Irving/Rozier/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Morris/Theis/Horford/Baynes is a quite impressive talented rotation.

This year I thought Milwaukee was more talented, but since we luckily didn't have to face them the route to the NBA Finals was open. With some minor moves to improve the bench they could've gotten there.

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2020, 08:52:07 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

No right being there?

Especially in 2019, it didn't work at all but Irving/Rozier/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Morris/Theis/Horford/Baynes is a quite impressive talented rotation.

This year I thought Milwaukee was more talented, but since we luckily didn't have to face them the route to the NBA Finals was open. With some minor moves to improve the bench they could've gotten there.

Yeah, 2019 was the only underachievement. Even then, those expectations were built on the success without Irving and Hayward the year before (i.e. the over achievement). Going into the 2019-2020 season, expectations were down again. It was only the success the team built during the season that led expectations to be higher. But I remember a lot of skepticism even going into the bubble. I don't think it was until they beat Toronto that people thought the Finals or a Championship was a realistic expectation.

Ending the season in disappointment and underachieving are not the same thing.

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Here's hoping Morey doesn't like Simmons and he's willing to consider a trade around Kemba. :P

For instance:

https://tradenba.com/trades/QYhiedMUW

Morey does love three point shooters, and Ben Simmons is on the complete opposite side of that spectrum. As much as I would love to have Simmons, I would still prefer Embiid.

I feel like the Celtics have enough talent to make it to the finals, however, that includes the caveat of depending on bracket matchups. I'm not sure trading for Simmons changes that narrative. Embiid would change that, and make the Celtics title contenders, regardless of matchups.