Author Topic: STMs: How much was your increase for 24-25?  (Read 4785 times)

Re: STMs: How much was your increase for 24-25?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 12:02:17 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
For Jb and others who are getting 'warned', I guess, for flipping too many tickets: is there a point do you decide to punt on your seats totally?

I'm pretty happy only watching the games from home, and have been for a year or two after the Big 3 era started, and it's not as if the broadcast quality has become worse, especially in light of the price increase you all are referencing.

I hope to make it to 8-12 games per year, including playoffs. I like the ticket sales to cover the cost of the entire season, including the games I go to. In the past few years, I've more than covered my costs. If the differential moved against me by more than 10% or so, I'd reconsider, particularly a few years down the line when my son goes to college, since he is my most frequent companion.

I got lucky in a few ways:

1) My first year was 2013-14, when the Celtics sucked and couldn't give the tickets away. So when I get an increase each year, I have to remember that my original base was much lower. My average ticket cost now is about 210% of the lowest average, which I think was the 2014-15 season.

2) When times were bad, we got front row seats in our section, which are now on the aisle after the renovation. It helps with resale.

3) I live on the green line, so if the T ever starts functioning again, I will have an easy commute to the games.

To be entirely fair to the Celtics (and since I'm the one that started this thread), given the resale margin this year, it makes perfect sense that they are trying to keep the differential for themselves, rather than STMs. Where they will run into trouble is if the Celtics ever suck for more than a season. The waitlist will dry up overnight and they'll have to provide more incentives.

One thing I do each year is send a note to the manager of the STM program about how great my rep is. It's good for their careers and engenders some goodwill, since I can be a pain at times (usually only on days ending in -y).

Mike

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 02:56:23 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
My increase was 14% vs. 26%

Its tough because they are starting to price me out where I can afford to go as much as I would enjoy to, and they are starting to flag accounts that sell too many tickets.

It's certainly not the time to give up seats so need to just figure it out.

Hey JBP. What are you hearing, or what do you know, about accounts getting flagged / warnings for “excessive” ticket reselling?

Didnt happen to me but a few on facebook said they got warned, i think one person mentioned that lost theirs.

I did notice on this years renewal they mentioned a 20% threshold that could result in loss of tickets, maybe it was put in place last year but I did not notice it if it was.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 03:15:52 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
For Jb and others who are getting 'warned', I guess, for flipping too many tickets: is there a point do you decide to punt on your seats totally?

I'm pretty happy only watching the games from home, and have been for a year or two after the Big 3 era started, and it's not as if the broadcast quality has become worse, especially in light of the price increase you all are referencing.

I hope to make it to 8-12 games per year, including playoffs. I like the ticket sales to cover the cost of the entire season, including the games I go to. In the past few years, I've more than covered my costs. If the differential moved against me by more than 10% or so, I'd reconsider, particularly a few years down the line when my son goes to college, since he is my most frequent companion.

I got lucky in a few ways:

1) My first year was 2013-14, when the Celtics sucked and couldn't give the tickets away. So when I get an increase each year, I have to remember that my original base was much lower. My average ticket cost now is about 210% of the lowest average, which I think was the 2014-15 season.

2) When times were bad, we got front row seats in our section, which are now on the aisle after the renovation. It helps with resale.

3) I live on the green line, so if the T ever starts functioning again, I will have an easy commute to the games.

To be entirely fair to the Celtics (and since I'm the one that started this thread), given the resale margin this year, it makes perfect sense that they are trying to keep the differential for themselves, rather than STMs. Where they will run into trouble is if the Celtics ever suck for more than a season. The waitlist will dry up overnight and they'll have to provide more incentives.

One thing I do each year is send a note to the manager of the STM program about how great my rep is. It's good for their careers and engenders some goodwill, since I can be a pain at times (usually only on days ending in -y).

Mike
Thanks for that Mike - I haven't lived in or spent much time in Boston for a long time now, what's going on with the T? Last time I was on it was... 2018? Very firmly a (mostly drunk) tourist at that point.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2024, 03:30:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Well they got to pay all those big contracts + luxury tax somehow  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2024, 03:40:40 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well they got to pay all those big contracts + luxury tax somehow  :laugh:

That's part of it.  They're also playing the game of cat & mouse with the resale market.  With the Celtics being red hot and people making out on the resale market, the team obviously wants a piece of that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 09:47:20 AM »

Offline sullstice

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
Didnt happen to me but a few on facebook said they got warned, i think one person mentioned that lost theirs.

I did notice on this years renewal they mentioned a 20% threshold that could result in loss of tickets, maybe it was put in place last year but I did not notice it if it was.

When I emailed my rep last week to complain about the increase, she pointed out that I've only sold a handful of games via Ticketmaster and suggested we have a call to discuss "managing my tickets and resale opportunities" lol.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 03:18:22 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

When I emailed my rep last week to complain about the increase, she pointed out that I've only sold a handful of games via Ticketmaster and suggested we have a call to discuss "managing my tickets and resale opportunities" lol.

Yeah a couple years ago when I was considering not renewing Ben used resale as a selling point for me to renew based on how many games I sell and how the membership will basically pay for itself. I sold 40/43 games this season and last season I sold 38/43. Never heard a peep about any kind of warning.

As for price, mine went up from $64 -> $75 so a 17.1% increase.  Some years I'm hesitant, but I'm confident I'll renew.  NBATickets.com makes it so [dang] easy to resell, getting guaranteed playoff tickets is awesome, and the Celtics rule.

As for playoff prices, everybody should notice that potential play-in games are factored in to the total. That will not get charged once the 1 seed is locked up. Aside from that, price increases from last postseason look at a glance pretty comparable to the reg season hike.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 10:31:55 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
is anyone not renewing?