Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Heat 4-1) Preseason Game #4 10/15/21  (Read 15309 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Heat 4-1) Preseason Game #4 10/15/21
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2021, 10:54:19 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Cs needed preseason time to work on team chemistry, Ime opted for finalizing roster spots.

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2021, 11:16:32 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Wow. Blowout city. Miami owns the Cs. This team is 8 seed at best. Going to be long season. Time to trade JB and JT before they bolt. Time to rebuild.

With 3-4 starters out?

Really?

Go cry in Philly.  Smart out, JB, out, Horford out, timelord out, pp out and they are an 8 seed because Pinson couldn't guard herro.  Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2021, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Although I like this team, I am not expecting any type of title challenge.

I’m still perplexed about the decision to give away our pick, just to dump Walker and bring back Horford. If we were one piece away I am 100% in agreement, but this Celtics team has lots of weaknesses, which could have been extremely more glaring if not for Stevens getting very lucky with the Schroder signing.

Just look at the Heat, they were very unfortunate with injuries and bad form during the 2016-17 season…and they turned that lottery pick into Bam Adebayo.
Couple questions Ed Monix (and I'm giving you the benefit of hindsight which Brad did NOT have): Who was available in that slot to join a team with JT/JB/Kemba (b/c he would still be on the team) that would have made this a better team than they have now?  Would that guy take minutes away from Romeo or Nesmith, both of whom look to have taken another step this year?  How many young guys can you develop at once?

Like Csfan1984 alluded to, Trey Murphy III and Sengun were right there. Stevens could even have traded down for guys like Cam Thomas, Usman Garuba or Jared Butler.

The reason Stevens doesn’t have the benefit of hindsight is because he gave the pick away well before the draft lol. Just think about that, hypothetically a player like Josh Giddey could have fallen during the draft and Stevens would have had no way of capitalizing, remember guys like Robert Williams III, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford all fell well outside of their expected draft positions.

I do understand that Walker’s contract was an albatross, but it doesn’t mean he could not have given the Celtics solid production off the bench, just like a Lou Williams or the current version of Derrick Rose.

Perhaps it was pressure from Wyc to compete as quickly as possible but IMO no top level GM would just toss away the 16th pick for a 35 year old Horford, whom also has a terrible contract.

Like I stated in my first post, this deal only makes sense if we’re one Horford piece away from being a favourite to win the title, but we aren’t.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 12:27:48 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine