Author Topic: No love for Omari Spellman?  (Read 1901 times)

No love for Omari Spellman?
« on: June 05, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I really like how he plays. Hard nosed hustle, great defensive instincts, and awesome motor mixed in with 43% 3pt. He's the perfect role player with his 7'3 wingspan, tad bit undersized, but he's shown in spurts that he can guard 4 and 5 consistently.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: No love for Omari Spellman?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:12:39 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Spellman is a guy I would like to see on the Celtics. Another guy I like is Jarred Vanderbilt.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Spellman is a guy I would like to see on the Celtics. Another guy I like is Jarred Vanderbilt.

Same here, but I think he's getting picked earlier than the 27th. I would like to shoot for either sky high ceiling in Bonga, or go for someone like Spellman. TP to ya.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I really like how he plays. Hard nosed hustle, great defensive instincts, and awesome motor mixed in with 43% 3pt. He's the perfect role player with his 7'3 wingspan, tad bit undersized, but he's shown in spurts that he can guard 4 and 5 consistently.

If he can lose some baby fat .... he is like a poor man Horford

Good passer, shooter, responsible. Good rebounder, shot blocker 

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Lol, agree to disagree, but he plays nothing like Horford. They share similar traits, but Spellman is a very intense and proud player. I do also agree, he needs to lose some fat.

Plays similar to Sam Perkins, but I do agree about his passing, (Wendell Carter does remind me of Horford down to a T,) and he's a very responsible player. Emotional and intangibles very similar to Draymond. All of his teammates got the shine from winning the NCAA title, but Spellman didn't dispel any of that jealously, instead heaped endless praise on his teammates. A clear mark of a true leader.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Based on the players worked out to date I think he is on the short list of potential Cs 1st rd picks.

Huerter
Okogie
Divencenzo
Spellman

Allen (maybe)

With the exception of Allen this group was all on fence about staying in the draft and came away from the deadline presumably confident they where going in the 1st round. Okogie fits the recent DA player model in that he is a long switchable wing. Spellman also fits the team and would be DAs 3rd attempt at landing a versatile 4/5 to play behind Al. ( 1st Mickey, 2nd Yabusele). Huerter and Divencenzo are more in line with DAs failed attempts at drafting shooter (Young and Hunter) but both prospects are really hard not to like. Huerter has great size for a shooting wing and Divencenzo has shown the ability to step up in the spotlight.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Same here, but I think he's getting picked earlier than the 27th. I would like to shoot for either sky high ceiling in Bonga, or go for someone like Spellman. TP to ya.

TP right back at you.

I think if Danny just sits at the bottom of the first round with a catcher's mitt the Celtic's are going to get a pretty good player.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 03:43:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Based on the players worked out to date I think he is on the short list of potential Cs 1st rd picks.

Huerter
Okogie
Divencenzo
Spellman

Allen (maybe)

With the exception of Allen this group was all on fence about staying in the draft and came away from the deadline presumably confident they where going in the 1st round. Okogie fits the recent DA player model in that he is a long switchable wing. Spellman also fits the team and would be DAs 3rd attempt at landing a versatile 4/5 to play behind Al. ( 1st Mickey, 2nd Yabusele). Huerter and Divencenzo are more in line with DAs failed attempts at drafting shooter (Young and Hunter) but both prospects are really hard not to like. Huerter has great size for a shooting wing and Divencenzo has shown the ability to step up in the spotlight.

Thing is we have great shooters. Our starting five boasts players that shoot above the league average. Once Hayward/Irving comes back healthy, scoring won't be the issue.

I don't count Mickey as a 4/5 versatile, because he literally couldn't shoot outside of 16 feet. (Sorry Triboy.) Jury still out on Yabusele, but I think DiVincenzo is going to get drafted 5-7 spots ahead. He just seems like a guy who could eventually become a nice off the bench 3 and D type of guy.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If he is available (and Divincenzo is already taken) , I would take Spellman in a heartbeat

He could learn alot from Horford.  They have a similar game/mindset.   Spellman definitely needs to work on his body, but I don't think this should be an issue

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Lol, agree to disagree, but he plays nothing like Horford. They share similar traits, but Spellman is a very intense and proud player. I do also agree, he needs to lose some fat.

Plays similar to Sam Perkins, but I do agree about his passing, (Wendell Carter does remind me of Horford down to a T,) and he's a very responsible player. Emotional and intangibles very similar to Draymond. All of his teammates got the shine from winning the NCAA title, but Spellman didn't dispel any of that jealously, instead heaped endless praise on his teammates. A clear mark of a true leader.

His assist totals do not scream “capable passer,” but I didn’t watch him as much as I watched Tatum last year, who I thought had underrated passing skills.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

His assist totals do not scream “capable passer,” but I didn’t watch him as much as I watched Tatum last year, who I thought had underrated passing skills.

Spellman is a good passer.  Quick decision and not careless

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I hope we draft Spellman. I know his body fat % is a cause of concern, but there is no one better to learn from than Horford.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Concerned about his quickness

He is overweight

Seems like a guy that you would have to convince to buying in. Not sure the work ethic is there to make him a legit rotation player.

Would rather have him than josh Okogie though