Author Topic: C's reject Nets offer for PP  (Read 4818 times)

Re: C's reject Nets offer for PP
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
From the clip that drop back jumper from the key, would be near unstoppable
Yup, can't stop this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhW3fz_xpcI
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
It's funny -- I was telling a buddy this morning that the Nets would probably offer Hump, Marshon and a 1st for Pierce and it came true. I still wouldn't deal Pierce for that package, but I am interested in a few of the Nets assets.  To make the salaries match, Hump would have to be included.  I would list their assets as follows:

1. 1st-round picks
2. Rights to Bojan Bogdanovic
3. Marshon Brooks
4. Mirza Teletovic
5. Tornike Shengelia
6. Rights to Ilkan Karaman
7. 2nd-round picks

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
From the clip that drop back jumper from the key, would be near unstoppable
Yup, can't stop this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhW3fz_xpcI

lol . That was actually kind of funny

You just picked the worse of the worse he has done prob ever. The guy doesn't play for 3 or 4 games and is asked to step in a score. Its sort of unfair

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
lol . That was actually kind of funny

You just picked the worse of the worse he has done prob ever. The guy doesn't play for 3 or 4 games and is asked to step in a score. Its sort of unfair
I agree, but the Celtics highlights were cherry picking as  well. Split the difference, and we're getting somewhere.

A skilled big man may be an intriguing asset, but it's far from a give how he'll pan out. I hear Nets fans like him, though given their options at PF this doesn't mean much.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hum, well... Pierce for a good young rebounder, a good young SG and good high draft pick would be a reasonably good offer. Unfortunately, what the Nets offered doesn't qualify on any counts. I suspect that was a "throw something up and and let's see if Danny is desperate/crazy enough to take it" type of offer. He's probably been fielding quite a few of those over the last few days.
[/quote]

That was my initial reaction. I understand Hump is disliked for being a Kardashian pretty boy, but he's a very good rebounder. And Marshon Brooks was projected to be a very good scorer in the 2011 draft. So that, plus a draft pick I think is a very solid offer for a 35 year old small forward.

I know Paul is a Celtics legend but I am just looking at it from a different perspective

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Apparently Vescey tweeted that it's confirmed Ainge offered Pierce to the Nets for a "top 2-3 player, likely Joe Johnson".

Thoughts?

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Hey, any time you can trade Paul Pierce for a 27 year old rookie with a PER of 12 you do it, right?

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Apparently Vescey tweeted that it's confirmed Ainge offered Pierce to the Nets for a "top 2-3 player, likely Joe Johnson".

Thoughts?

We're becoming the Timberwolves of shooting guards.