Author Topic: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens  (Read 12919 times)

Re: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
But Brad S is a prodigy and literally the best coach in the NBA! After Pop, that is...

Pop would never get blown out in a Conference Finals, even if missing his best player.

Uhhh....

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:44 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
How dare Brad Stevens not be able to shut down LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But Brad S is a prodigy and literally the best coach in the NBA! After Pop, that is...

Pop would never get blown out in a Conference Finals, even if missing his best player.
Yes, because having our best player worked so much better :P

Well, he was playing with a torn labrum.  I think the series would have been a bit closer with IT, but there's still a large talent gap.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Why are you not connecting the dots?

The point is competing. This is horrific, I have never seen domination or playfully beating a team like the Cavs have.....Even when the Celtics one they felt overmatched , like the Cavs were toying with them.

Before this it was Wade, Lebron and Bosh.....arguably better team, and the older Celtics competed and almost beat them, even the 1st time they competed hard.

This team is getting destroyed.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell

The point is competing. This is horrific, I have never seen domination or playfully beating a team like the Cavs have.....Even when the Celtics one they felt overmatched , like the Cavs were toying with them.

Before this it was Wade, Lebron and Bosh.....arguably better team, and the older Celtics competed and almost beat them, even the 1st time they competed hard.

It's almost as if the Celtics just got done fighting through 13 playoff games and lost their only consistent source of offense, while facing a team that is not only rested but simply far, far better.

Also, that Celtics team from a few years back featured 3 future HOFers still holding on to the end of their peaks.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

It's almost as if the Celtics just got done fighting through 13 playoff games and lost their only consistent source of offense, while facing a team that is not only rested but simply far, far better.

they were getting beat down even with Thomas

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Did you miss the part where IT was playing on a torn labrum?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell

An injured Isaiah Thomas, which is probably worse than not having him at all.

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 09:58:19 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

The dots tell me that the Celtics made it to the ECF, beat two healthy teams in Chicago and Washington, their best player tore his labrum, and they avoided getting swept by the champs who are at full strength, all while sporting a young roster and the #1 pick and not expecting to be this good this soon.

In short, get a grip.

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Am I the troll?

Like are people not seeing one of the worst coaching efforts , one of the worst team efforts ever  seen in a ECF?

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:01 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
Am I the troll?

Like are people not seeing one of the worst coaching efforts , one of the worst team efforts ever  seen in a ECF?

I mean, you're at least wrong.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Am I the troll?

I think your expectations might be a little high.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:04 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
This is one of the worst coaching jobs in a playoff series I have ever seen.

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

Brad has literally no answer defensively and has not adjusted at all.

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.

I extremely disagree with you and I am sorry in saying this but you obviously don't understand basketball enough to know how lucky we are to have Brad, any expert in the industry has been singing his praises for even getting here let alone winning a game with our only pure scorer out.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

This is what most people thought would happen.   Where are those guys who calling peeps crow eaters, looks like they are getting a healthy dose of their own medicine.   Or where are the I believe threads now, as usual those are pretty silent when we are down 20-25 points.

There is a big talent discrepancy between us and the cavs.   There would be a talent discrepancy even you took away Love and Irving.  LeBron is generally one of the best players on the court and he is heads better than anyone we got 90% of the time.  It is worse without IT, too.

We on the Number one seed only because they didn't want it.  I kind of hope that Ainge lets soft KO walk.   I would take a hard look at our roster.   I know some want to trade AB but I for one would not.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yes, because having our best player worked so much better :P

Well, he was playing with a torn labrum.  I think the series would have been a bit closer with IT, but there's still a large talent gap.
This series would have been a lot closer if we had any semblance of pro league type of defense.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."