Author Topic: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18  (Read 27696 times)

Re: Celtics (10-9) at Mavericks (8-9) Game #20 11/24/18
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
The defense was pretty horrible, particularly the pick and roll. We made DJ and Barea look like all-stars going toward the basket (DJ as a screener and Barea on the drive). Combine that with awful closeouts at the 3 point line and we had no chance at winning this game.

I'd love to see Kyrie cut down on those early shot clock 3's. He's so strong going toward the basket and can routinely create a better shot.

I'd also love to see Rozier play within himself; however, as several others here have mentioned, this appears to be an unreasonable expectation given how absurdly highly he thinks of himself. I'm disappointed in Rozier and had grown to appreciate his game last year; things change.

« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
We just keep getting torched by guards in our losses. Rozier wasn’t playing D when he was out there.

« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
For those saying that the "Mavs just can't miss"...the teams are basically shooting with identical % for 2 and 3

but the mavs have 16 made 3s and we have 9.

Yeah they shot more 3s too...you know how percentages work right?

yeah I think I do.  Maybe you don't understand that those 7 3s mean more points for the mavs.

Yeah if they got 10 more layups that would be 20 more points...that has nothing to do with them "being on fire" or playing "can't miss" basketball like some have posted here.

This game had nothing to do with the Mavs shooting better.

I am not the one saying the mavs were on fire...  But they did shoot the 3 better than us.  39% to 35.7%.  Thats how facts work.
Then that's on the offensive scheme (for not getting us wide open looks) or the players (**** enough to brick open 3s-**** YOU HORFORD). This Celtics team is in a mess right now and we need changes fast.

I thought I was the most angry about this loss
I've been angry at the Celtics ever since we lost to Denver-the play is god awful.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
It’s the NBA gotta work for your wins, they’re not going to come just because you’re talented. Gotta want it more than the other team

Honestly, this is what it really boils down to. We're not consistently playing with the energy and intensity that we need to, and that largely goes back to our issues with chemistry and not having clearly defined roles, which has got to guys' heads. Two things need to happen immediately:

1) Trade Rozier. He's obviously a cancer to this team right now. Not only is he terrible on the court on both sides of the ball, but he seems to be a major factor of the locker room discord.

2) Sit the guys down for a team meeting. CLARIFY THE FREAKING ROLES WITH THEM. Brad just can't be his little nice guy self anymore; he has to take a stand here and make the decision like the leader he is supposed to be.

Coaching isn't always easy, and sometimes he has to make tough decisions and be tough with the guys. Right now is one of those times. And if he can't do it, then we need to find someone else who can. We're a quarter of the way through the season already, and we look worse than we did at the start, which is largely on the shoulders of the coaching staff for not being able to address these chemistry issues and clarify these roles for the players, i.e. the primary point of their jobs...

« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
For those saying that the "Mavs just can't miss"...the teams are basically shooting with identical % for 2 and 3

yeah I think I do.  Maybe you don't understand that those 7 3s mean more points for the mavs.

Yeah if they got 10 more layups that would be 20 more points...that has nothing to do with them "being on fire" or playing "can't miss" basketball like some have posted here.

I am not the one saying the mavs were on fire...  But they did shoot the 3 better than us.  39% to 35.7%.  Thats how facts work.
Then that's on the offensive scheme (for not getting us wide open looks) or the players (**** enough to brick open 3s-**** YOU HORFORD). This Celtics team is in a mess right now and we need changes fast.

Lol well we all are. But as the old saying goes, there’s always Somebody doing it more than you  :P have a TP
- LilRip

« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
we definitely deserve this humbling experience, hope we implement changes and improve.

I mean, we've had how many humbling experiences thus far? lol Still nothing has changed.

« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
Celtic pride is in tatters...we let the Mavs insult us by sending DeAndre Jordan to shoot the tech FT >:(

Punk move by Dallas, but Boston deserved it. The Celts being 10-10 in this "championship or bust" season is really like being 4-16 most seasons—wayyyyyyy below expectations.

Of course, Boston has built-in excuses tonight that I'm sure some fans will point to—second night of a back-to-back, on the road, no Hayward, Dallas has been hot. Whatever. Every night it's a different set of excuses for the same p----poor result.
we definitely deserve this humbling experience, hope we implement changes and improve.

I mean, we've had how many humbling experiences thus far? lol Still nothing has changed.

Right. Also, how many of these losses will it take for it to finally be considered a proper appropriate reaction to be worried about this team?

« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2018, 11:16:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

practice makes perfect?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Right. Also, how many of these losses will it take for it to finally be considered a proper appropriate reaction to be worried about this team?

Come on, dude, we're only a WHOLE FREAKIN' QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
this so bad , its kinda funny at this point.

like ...why waste effort being mad

its CBS and Danny turn up to bat now ....their move

just gonna sit back and watch

« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis

Come on, dude, we're only a WHOLE FREAKIN' QUARTER OF THE WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.  ;D

You're right, I guess we'll reserve judgment until game 83  :laugh:

« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Lol well we all are. But as the old saying goes, there’s always Somebody doing it more than you  :P have a TP
haha have a TP lil
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2018, 11:24:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

When we miss the playoffs, fire Brad Stevens, hire a proper coach with proper rotations and a proper idea of how to utilize big men and clean house with the players jk
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2018, 11:25:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

When we miss the playoffs, fire Brad Stevens, hire a proper coach with proper rotations and a proper idea of how to utilize big men and clean house with the players jk
and if they make the playoffs you have a serving of crow?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Smart just said lack of effort is what is killing them
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D